Theme editor

Do you like a story with your porn or would you rather the action immediately start?

of course story first for me if instant action not really fans for it
 
It's great to have a story, but slow burn is also sometimes a deterrence... It's best to have a mix of it in for games in LC.
 
A good story always adds something extra, but not one that's too slow, in my opinion.
 
Yeah probably anyone who values any kind of storytelling in any way understand that some amount of connection and immersion is necessary. Even generic porn generally have a framework for a situation it's in and spends couple minutes to build up a scene, games need it way more.

Gonna give a silly Expedition 33 example unrelated to adult games, but it gets the point across all the same.

I once shown a Renoir boss fight from the Paintress tower to my friends that did not play it and their reaction was something along the lines of "yeah music is cool, moves look pretty", but anyone who actually knows emotional weight behind it and even song lyrics was absolutely stunned by this fight.

Point is, context adds too much to ignore it.
 
has to have a story, if there is no story then its not worth the time
 
Definitely has to have some sort of story to give context to who people are, how they know each other etc
 
100% gotta have a story, usually a bit of dialogue mixed with hints of what's coming in the scenes. Teasing what we're all waiting for
 
Like a lot of others have said, I definitely want some amount of story and set up just to establish what's even happening. However, I've found that some of my favorite games can toe the line between providing just enough up-front that it stays engaging, like a shower scene, a fantasy the MC is having, just something to set the tone for what the actual action is going to be like without giving everything away immediately.
 
I’m glad pretty much everyone here agrees that story is important to the porn - which makes sense given that AVNs are the most popular type of game. Otherwise you might as well just watch regular porn. (And even when I do, I prefer ones with at least an attempt at a story)
 
Yeah, I feel the reason I was even drawn to lewd games in the first place was because of the potential of porn with an interactive story
 
Story definitely. It makes the whole adventure more believably than just jumping right into the action. A good slow burning story makes the moments of action that much more exhilarating.
 
Well, depends on how horny I am or how much time I have.

I can just watch at random pictures and it will be just fine, but having a nice story behind high quality material takes everything to another level.
This. I usually end up having multiple AVNs running or in progress, so when my time is short I'll boot up the one that has frequent lewd scenes or an AVN that I've paused before a scene is about to begin 😅
 
Porn trumps plot. Or, rather, sleaze trumps plot. It's like exploitation film. A good story is a nice to have—it's a stretch goal—but I'm really there to watch a pervert director's barely-disguised fetishes.
 
I don’t remember for sure; I think I’ve already written about this here, but I’ll repeat it. VN stands for visual novel. That already implies the presence of a plot. Everything else is like seasoning for the main dish. It enhances the sensory experience, nothing more. Moreover, I’ve read VN where the first sex scene didn’t appear until the third or fourth hour of reading. I read one novel without a single sex scene. And nothing, I didn’t die. Sometimes, a well‑written text combined with a good plot can completely kill all the sex appeal. But if you need sex, you can turn to the “masterpieces” of world cinema from BRAZZERS and other formulaic producers. And a big plus is that you don’t have to read anything. After all, reading isn’t fashionable anymore, is it?
 
I think DumbKoala does the best job at setting up just enough of a plot to quickly get into the action.
 
There should be a story but also progress in a reasonable amount of time. Everyone can probably name something (game, anime, comic, etc) that just took forever to get to the point and makes you lose interest.
 
There needs to be at least a basic story to give some context for the stuff that are happening imo.
 
A big part of why I am into VNs is that most all of them have story/build up. There are times where I don’t need or want that, but for the most part it’s what I prefer
 
Back
Top Bottom