Theme editor

Why do you dislike AI art in games?

What if it's used in conjunction with DAZ? DAZ's animation tools are clunky and archaic at best. Render's take too long and the end products leave a lot to be desired. I went down the rabbit hole and am now adding little animation clips into my current project. I think they look better than DAZ (but not as mature as Blender, but I don't have that kind of time tbh).
really cool which ai tools do you use, to making this?
 
really cool which ai tools do you use, to making this?
I'm using Wan 2.2 I2V mostly. NSFW checkpoint's with multiple LoRA's for added accuracy. It's a bit frustrating, but no where as time consuming as Blender or clunky as Daz3D. One workflow has more than 30 nodes. Great thing is I have control over the seed images so I can move things around if they don't work. I just made a thread HERE with a sample reel.
 
It is also near impossible to find an Ai created game that has a logical story or dialogue. It feels a bad trip playing these games.
 
Because it's generally soulless and doesn't properly reflect whats happening, and just overall looks worse then actual art made by a human.
 
I don’t necessarily dislike AI art in games, but I can understand why some people are against it. For me, the biggest concerns are the lack of human creativity and the ethical questions surrounding how AI models are trained. A lot of artists spend years developing their skills and personal styles, so it can feel unfair when AI-generated artwork is created using styles and work from artists who may not have consented to that.

That said, I think AI can have a place in game development. It can be useful for brainstorming, concept art, prototypes, or helping smaller developers who don’t have access to large art teams. I just think it should be used responsibly and transparently, rather than replacing artists entirely or being used as a shortcut without considering the people whose work helped make the technology possible.

So I wouldn’t say I’m completely against AI art in games. I think it comes down to how it’s used, where the training data comes from, and whether human artists are still being respected and valued in the process.
 
I don’t necessarily dislike AI art in games, but I can understand why some people are against it. For me, the biggest concerns are the lack of human creativity and the ethical questions surrounding how AI models are trained. A lot of artists spend years developing their skills and personal styles, so it can feel unfair when AI-generated artwork is created using styles and work from artists who may not have consented to that.

That said, I think AI can have a place in game development. It can be useful for brainstorming, concept art, prototypes, or helping smaller developers who don’t have access to large art teams. I just think it should be used responsibly and transparently, rather than replacing artists entirely or being used as a shortcut without considering the people whose work helped make the technology possible.

So I wouldn’t say I’m completely against AI art in games. I think it comes down to how it’s used, where the training data comes from, and whether human artists are still being respected and valued in the process.
I agree with this a lot.
Using AI art as placeholders has always seemed like a really good use for it, especially for smaller dev teams, though so far I've only seen one game do so and actually get around to replacing it.
 
1. It usually looks bad. There are very few exceptions where it can look consistent, but these are rare.
2. It's indicative of lack of effort. Why bother drawing something, or having someone draw something for you, when you can just ask a computer to do it and be done with it?
3. It's corrosive to artistic integrity. Why pay an artist who loves their work when you can pay less to a Silicon Valley Tech-Cultist?
 
For me the biggest issue is usually visual consistency across scenes. When character features, clothing details, or lighting shift noticeably from one CG to the next, it really pulls me out of the game. When a dev takes the time to manually touch up the renders and keep things cohesive it can work alright, but unfortunately too many projects just feel rushed with zero post-processing.
 
Last edited:
Most of them feel like the is no effort put in to them and just slapped together and just called a "Game" even though it's usually a glorified Movie with bad graphics somehow worse dialogue.
 
Back
Top Bottom