What game engine do you prefer adult games to use?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1963
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 1K
D

Deleted member 1963

Unconfirmed
I've played many games using each engine.
It seems like the main ones are Ren'py, RPG maker, and Unity.
I actually really like Ren'py games the most but I'm curious what other people think.

Reactions: 1 user

Chompy

Biting Beaver
Registered
Jul 31, 2022
Ren'py and Unity.
Depends what type of game you want to make?
Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

For a VN without out much actual gameplay - just use Ren'py.
Even then the version matters - still like Ren'Py 7.4.11 the best.
Ren'Py 7.5.xx - ???
Ren'Py 8.0.2 - Still seems like a work in progress?!
It uses Python 3.9 (Not a bad thing, and will be the way to go soon...ish, but.....)

Good luck with your game!

D

Deleted member 1963

Unconfirmed
Ren'py and Unity.
Depends what type of game you want to make?
Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

For a VN without out much actual gameplay - just use Ren'py.
Even then the version matters - still like Ren'Py 7.4.11 the best.
Ren'Py 7.5.xx - ???
Ren'Py 8.0.2 - Still seems like a work in progress?!
It uses Python 3.9 (Not a bad thing, and will be the way to go soon...ish, but.....)

Good luck with your game!
I use Ren'py for my game, I was trying to start a discussion about what game engines other people like.
I wanted to hear from people who prefer engines like RPG maker and why they prefer it and so on

Myuhinny

Aug 6, 2022
I like renpy as it allows you to extract the game files and make edits to images and script files easily without much of a hassle except for the new renpy version that has py3- in front of the folder names in the lib folder which require you to delete that from the names before unren will work and then overwrite the lib folder afterwards so that the game starts up.
I like unity games because you can use cheat engine with many of them.
I like RPGM when I want to exercise but don't actually feel like walking or running anywhere and the rpgm save editor works with most of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Guidance4603

Registered
Jan 8, 2023
It really depends on how good the Developer(s) know the engine they are using: I rather have a well made Unity game then a bad Ren'py. That said, most dev's seem to have a good handle on Ren'py. Apparently it is easier to learn?

U

User_8899

Unconfirmed
I’m a big fan of ren’py. I do like a mix of ren’py with some sandbox once in a while but no grinds.

oldfart69

Onyx
Fansly
Jun 16, 2022
I prefer playing Ren'py games. Also hate sandboxes. Absolutely hate having to play a scene multiply times to move forward. And not knowing how many times you need to play the scene. So walkthrough are very much appreciated with sandboxes, and all games really.

R1v37

Registered
Jan 8, 2023
renpy, there is no need to reinvent the wheel.
not much games out there, who do stuff that isnt possible with renpy.

Tiur

Look at you, Sinner
Sapphire
Fansly
May 6, 2022
I like RenPy. Story first. When I play in another engine, I desperately miss several of the default RenPy behaviors like rollback, at-will saves, progress with click or Enter, and so on.

I also like to unren games, look at the code//variables, mess with the console, and so on, so I can tweak things and see alternate paths without having to play through the whole game again or have a ton of saves.

Reactions: 3 users

hansdampf788

Registered
Aug 18, 2022
Ren'Py!!!! I can count the games in other engines I played on one hand and I've been playing AVNs for almost 5 years.

Valso

Proud sinner
Registered
Mar 2, 2023
Website
valsobg.blogspot.com
If it's not Renpy, I don't even bother with downloading the game.

Craig

Registered
Jan 21, 2023
Whatever engine allow the dev's vision to come true. I prefer HTML since I favor those dreaded HTML sandboxes, but at the end, I won't discard any game just for the engine, it's absurd.

Shiva

Registered
May 5, 2022
Hmm favored game type.

1) TTRPG (Table Top) :)

2) Board :devilish:

3) Renpy

Unity and RPGM can be ok if done well, but like others I like to rollback and use the console to cheat with Renpy. :)

Just a thought

Cenwen

Registered
Mar 4, 2023
Ren'Py.
It's fast, it's convenient and if your skills allows it, it can be very flexible. Perfect games to show off it's flexibility can be Witch Trainer Silver, Four Elements trainer or The Pilgrimage. Best of all, most are visual novels. So you both have to put minimal effort while being sucked into the story.
If the game sucks, you can just CTRL through it.

Honestly most of the RPGM games are pure grindfests. Bloated with superficial, nonsensical combat and itemization. Listen, I don't want to kill 70 goblins to get to a single scene. Neither I want to walk around with outdated arrow key movement inputs.
One of few games which actually are good for a RPGM are Claire's Quest and Slice of Venture 2.

Donation drives

Latest Updates page

everything that get donated will go to parceload who is developing the new latest updates page.
Goal
$1,500.00
Earned
$300.00
This donation drive ends in
Donation Drive
Click one of these buttons to initiate donation.
Back
Top Bottom