What game engine do you prefer adult games to use?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1963
  • Start date
  • Replies 471
  • Views 5K

alon

Registered
Lewd
Dec 25, 2022
LC COIN
I prefer renpy, it is the best and most comfortable for the player in my opinion

Reactions: 1 user

Dukez

Registered
Lewd
Jan 5, 2023
LC COIN
I think Renpy is the best for the majority of games made for these adult-themed sex games. That said, I think Unreal is a huge missed opportunity for a lot of devs that just haven't cracked how to use it properly and to it's full potential. I hope to one day try exploring that a little and see if what's in my head is actually possible to pull off with the engine.

Bolson

Registered
Lewd
Oct 11, 2023
LC COIN
If it's a VN type game, then Ren'py definitely, since it was made specifically for that purpose and it's very good at it. But if it's a game with actual gameplay, then something like Godot or Unity depending on the type of game.

Kohan953

Registered
Lewd
Feb 11, 2024
LC COIN
Ren'Py for visual novels and most games, Twine/HTML for anything grindy. RPGM only for games like The Last Sovereign

thedman241

Registered
Lewd
Aug 31, 2023
LC COIN
Renpy and HTML for me. I've had mixed results with others. Unity is a cool engine, but I feel is hard to utilize with how small the teams making these games tend to be. Unreal could be amazing down the line.

thedman241

Registered
Lewd
Aug 31, 2023
LC COIN
Ren'Py for visual novels and most games, Twine/HTML for anything grindy. RPGM only for games like The Last Sovereign
Good take, I forgot about RPGM somehow. Though those usually up being either the most grindy or shallow games I've played so I forget about them.

ItAintME

Registered
Lewd
Jan 22, 2024
LC COIN
i like Renpy like the rest but honestly i like it because of how many badass modders are out there, if it were for you guys idk who id be! thank you guys :p

• Heart
Reactions: 1 user

Shiva

Registered
Lewd
May 5, 2022
LC COIN
Last Hope is a good use of the unreal engine, but there are not many games like that. I guess The Twist and Seaside Mystery are similar, but they are unity.

wafflesOMG

Registered
Lewd
Apr 11, 2023
LC COIN
going with most others here, Renpy and Unity, although Unity games see to be either amazing or trash no real in between I've seen

Kohan953

Registered
Lewd
Feb 11, 2024
LC COIN
Not really a fan of Unity or Unreal, since my usual machine is a Surface Pro, and sucks hot air after a few minutes with any unity/unreal game, if they even run ok.

Laehl

Registered
Lewd
Jan 1, 2023
LC COIN
I will try most games out if they interest me, regardless of system used. Though there has been many times here I have felt certain games did not fit the system or the other way around. I usually prefer Ren'Py, but I have found games on RPGM, Unity, and others that I did like as well.

JustSomeD00D

Registered
Lewd
Sep 10, 2022
LC COIN
Yeah gonna have to say Renpy is best for me, if im not interested in the plot/dialogue i want to be able to skip it

darkmkfv

Registered
Lewd
Oct 8, 2023
LC COIN
I think Renpy is the best for the majority of games made for these adult-themed sex games. That said, I think Unreal is a huge missed opportunity for a lot of devs that just haven't cracked how to use it properly and to it's full potential. I hope to one day try exploring that a little and see if what's in my head is actually possible to pull off with the engine.
I think that Unreal add too much complexity for most developers, C++ is very hard to do well, and most of the developers that want to do something more advanced than RenPy I think they use Unity, that I thinks is a good balance between advanced engine and ease of use

Kohan953

Registered
Lewd
Feb 11, 2024
LC COIN
I will try most games out if they interest me, regardless of system used. Though there has been many times here I have felt certain games did not fit the system or the other way around. I usually prefer Ren'Py, but I have found games on RPGM, Unity, and others that I did like as well.
I'll try any system, but some games definitely have an optimal system, to the point they're nearly unplayable if it's the wrong system.

Greywolff

Registered
Lewd
May 16, 2022
LC COIN
Have to agree with OP Ren'py is the better end user option. the other two are good with at what they do but can a few too many janky controls at times.

Back
Top Bottom