What game engine do you prefer adult games to use?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1963
  • Start date
  • Replies 471
  • Views 5K

Randel2024

Registered
Lewd
Feb 7, 2024
LC COIN
Ren'py and Unity are the by far the best working but the ever so rare Unreal Engine are the best looking.

eezergoode

Registered
Aug 15, 2023
LC COIN
I've noticed a very big assumption through this thread... Most everyone assumes that by "adult game" it defaults to visual novel. But that's not always true, there are a lot of adult games that are NOT visual novels. Granted, not all of them are good, but they exist. There are a LOT of adult games made in unity, for example, House Party is probably one of the more well known Unity adult games. You can have an adult RPG, an adult adventure game, hell, pretty much any game type can be an adult game if the content is spicy enough. But yeah, for Visual Novels, I'd say Renpy if it is an indie game. For anything non-static, though, Ren'Py falls behind fast. And an action adventure style game is far better suited to something like Unreal or Unity, as is a 3d RPG style game, as is a shooter style, etc.

What it boils down to, really, is what TYPE of adult game you are making. If it's a VN, then yeah, my vote goes to Ren'Py. But the type of adult game really determines which engine/platform is best.

Reactions: 1 user

doesntlikellamas

Registered
Sep 1, 2023
LC COIN
Absolutely Renpy.

I can't stand RPGMX/all the other ones. I have redownloaded and attempted Legend Of Queen Opala maybe 4 times and have decided that I'm done with it. I'll wait for the mod that lets you skip any and all grinding and walking around, then we'll talk

mrsinister

Registered
Lewd
Mar 20, 2023
LC COIN
Renpy, coz we usually get Android ports out of it and I can play it on my mobile. Unity or other platforms it usually is harder to port to Android so usually can't. Also I normally feel that Renpy games are faster than Unity

As for RPGM too much grinding tbh. Much prefer visual novels.

Back
Top Bottom