What game engine do you prefer adult games to use?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1963
  • Start date
  • Replies 470
  • Views 5K

ticixa

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 12, 2022
LC COIN
the ones i liked everyone already said so will just that i hate the one thats not so famous but some people used do make visual novel with that is so bugged and slow to play

conzibald

Always willing to put a bun in your oven
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 28, 2023
A kitchen as someone outside my door yelling
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
one they know how to utilise i dont have too uch aversion to any engine except maybe rpgm but that is mainly since alot of them dont utilise the engine and would be better off as html or renpy vn's

Vonfis

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 1, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I usually search for ren'py asa criteria. It seems to me that devs have an easier time using it and produce graphics.

uncbuck

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 8, 2024
LC COIN
Looking at it blind -- like for a new game I would say RenPy But there are also very good RPGM and Unity games. The problem is that some RPGM games are an endless grindfest map based nightmare where you get lost a LOT. And some Unity games are nearly unplayable. There is simply more chance of a RenPy game being a goodie. One of m,y favorites (the Spellbook) is Unity and another (The Office Wife) is RPGM

MihoTakumi

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 29, 2023
LC COIN
Renpy > Unity > RPGM.
Majority of my played games are on Renpy, maybe like 5%-10% of them are Unity and RPGM.

arcanlol

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 28, 2023
LC COIN
Generally speaking, Ren'py, as I prefer VNs, and that's what Ren'Py does well. I actively dislike RPGM and QSP, even though I play a fair amount of RPGM for some more niche genres (due to a lack of options). HTML, Unity, Unreal can all be good, but I'm under the impression that they're often not executed well, or development takes a long time due to the engines being a bit more complex (not applicable to HTML, except for the few devs delving into Snowman for Twine).

Back
Top Bottom