Theme editor

Should games have music, yes or no?

  • Thread starter Thread starter thropper
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 511
  • Views Views 20K

Should games have music

  • Yes! (It adds to the experience!)

    Votes: 122 32.2%
  • Sometimes! (When it's not too loud and fits the scene!)

    Votes: 171 45.1%
  • Almost Never! (Only carefully placed scores!)

    Votes: 46 12.1%
  • No! (Keep things silent!)

    Votes: 40 10.6%

  • Total voters
    379
Most of the times it is even necessary, but I think sometimes it can ruin some in-game moments too. Like when is it not used correctly and with a good timing.
 
From my gamer experience, I found plenty of games lacking in the music department. I guess I've been spoiled by sports games from before 2010s. Some games had good licensed music that stuck with me for years.
RPG Maker games tend to neglect the BGM section infamously.

My Gold standard is the Tony Hawk Pro skater series.

Memory unlocked. Duke Nukem: Time to Kill, and Nightmare Creatures II

 
Of course, but a lot of times it's not done right and kills the atmosphere. If there isn't music or not done properly, I just mute and put on a youtube playlist.
 
I don't care if games have music or not. If it's done well it's really cool, but I think I generally just mute it or turn it down
 
it do be hard to fap when the music is too groovy. Like now my pp is soft but my head is banging. I like it when games have a good variety, because if you trying to fap for 4+ hours, your not trying to listen to the same 2min background soundtrack the whole time. I think Midnight Paradise has a pretty good background music selection. really gets you in the mood especially for its story based moments.
 
Last edited:
Unless it has good sound effects or something, should always have music. Complete silence during scenes feels... off
 
music is nice, tho admittedly I usually have everything muted for the nightmare scenario of headphones disconnecting and whatnot
 
I usually don't mind it if it fits with what's happening. I admit though, I usually have it muted and play my own background music.
 
Yes. It's lossless. It's an improvement for most people and the ones who don't like it can turn it off.
 
Back
Top Bottom