Theme editor

Do you prefer to play games on release day or wait a while?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jogur
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 363
  • Views Views 15K
I'll also wait until any patches or mods have been updated.
Same, I recently re-downloaded the Witcher 3 to play the remastered version but I was that they fucked up some of the lighting for the game.

In most cases I wait to buy the game because I largely play single player games so there really is no rush for me. I also don't play too many new games and just stick to older games and replay them like Skyrim and Terraria but play with new mods every time.
 
I don't really prefer to wait a while but it just happens by virtue of having a long list of older games to play. By the time I come around to something I have "waited" a while.
 
Same, I recently re-downloaded the Witcher 3 to play the remastered version but I was that they fucked up some of the lighting for the game.

In most cases I wait to buy the game because I largely play single player games so there really is no rush for me. I also don't play too many new games and just stick to older games and replay them like Skyrim and Terraria but play with new mods every time.
I was talking about the games on sites like this - Renpy, Unity, HTML etc. For AAA games I usually wait until they are on sale. Besides, I have a potato PC so my options are limited. For instance, while I own and enjoy Witcher 3, my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the remastered version, so until I upgrade, I'll have to stick with the old version.

I too prefer single player games, preferably third person games where I can see my character. I enjoy playing with mods, so I often have two versions of a game - a legal Steam version where mods are not allowed and a pirated version which I can play with whichever mods I like.
 
I was talking about the games on sites like this - Renpy, Unity, HTML etc. For AAA games I usually wait until they are on sale. Besides, I have a potato PC so my options are limited. For instance, while I own and enjoy Witcher 3, my system doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the remastered version, so until I upgrade, I'll have to stick with the old version.

I too prefer single player games, preferably third person games where I can see my character. I enjoy playing with mods, so I often have two versions of a game - a legal Steam version where mods are not allowed and a pirated version which I can play with whichever mods I like.
Ah, that makes more sense I rarely shell out full price for AAA games unless I know I will love the game largely due to the high price. The only games I bought brand new in recent memory was Minecraft Dungeons II because I loved the first one and Palworld because I thought the idea behind it was great. The current climate of gaming pricing also makes getting new games so much worse because system upgrading is so expensive, games are getting less optimized forcing you to upgrade, and games are progressively increasing in price.
 
Back
Top Bottom