Theme editor

Do you prefer to play games on release day or wait a while?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jogur
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 363
  • Views Views 15K
Let it marinate with hotfixes updates dlcs. But if it has great modding support like bannerlord, skyrim etc. you HAVE TO wait only for these reason.
But if the game is story based and you don't believe you won't get spoiled from media, that's fair. Like, %90 of the content is going to remain in future versions anyway.
 
I can't be bothered with modern slop games—the high price tags, unoptimized, woke stuff, etc... I'm all about older games now. Release date is of no importance to me anymore.
"woke stuff" looks into it:
It's just a black character with different sexuality
There are some extreme examples where all the dialogue in the game seems designed solely to be politically correct, which could support your point, but they’re in the minority.
 
"woke stuff" looks into it:
It's just a black character with different sexuality
There are some extreme examples where all the dialogue in the game seems designed solely to be politically correct, which could support your point, but they’re in the minority.
Sorry, but you can't guilt people into liking things they don't. By all means, enjoy South of Midnight all you want lol.
Laughter Laughing GIF
 
Wait....a long time if possible. There's nothing more frustrating than finding a game you vibe with and then you realize there's barely any content in it, because it's been out for a few months and the dev is just testing the waters. Oh, wait ...there is something more frustrating... when a dev earns about 5k from Patreon alone and decides to abandon a game you've been following for years...yeah that's definitely more annoying and for some reason it's happening quite often.
 
After a few updates. More content, plus renders and animations usually improve over time.
 
The best is to play a completely finish game. Waiting for an update is a pain in the ass.. but as the porn game industry evolve there is really great new game every week/month, and unfortunately a lot of them will be abandon
 
Like what wegs? Most of them deliver every two month, so it's better to ignore them for a year.
It's harder when you like them.
Current games? There is so little worth playing, I avoid them all.
 
Like many others, it depends for me. If it is a single player game I would probably not care too much about being there live on Day 1 (unless it was a game I was personally excited for). If it were a multiplayer game, I'd have slightly more incentive to want to be there Day 1 with many other players.
 
For single player games I cant wait a while until I play it. For mmos, for me there’s nothing quite like waking up at 3am to start play at hour 0 of an expansion launch only to find that at some point the servers start dying.
 
This is a perfect conversation for GTA 6, im tempted to buy it on release, but knowing how dogshit AAA devs have been these past years, makes me want to wait too. Im going to wait it out a little tho, wait and see the videos that come out of it.
hopefully it wont become a huge disappointment. I doubt it will because its got jiggle physics and modders and forums like this are going to have too much fun with it lmfao
 
This is a perfect conversation for GTA 6, im tempted to buy it on release, but knowing how dogshit AAA devs have been these past years, makes me want to wait too. Im going to wait it out a little tho, wait and see the videos that come out of it.
hopefully it wont become a huge disappointment. I doubt it will because its got jiggle physics and modders and forums like this are going to have too much fun with it lmfao
I feel like its one of the times where buying on launch day is justified, GTA 6 is too big to fail imo
 
Wait until they get a discount. I have no pressure to buy it when it release, I will enjoy it the same even if it is some month or years after the release.
 
Wait a while, and sometimes a VERY LONG while lol

I'm new to AVN's but at first I'd just click random games not knowing anything, I didn't even know that abandoned games were a thing. So now, I just add them to a list to play and give it time. There's tons of games I want to play which have refused to do so so far awaiting more content.

I'd presume it's okay to mention gamestorylog here since it's not a game hosting site but just a site you can use to setup lists for games. I've been trying to add games to my 'plan to play list' as I find them and they seem like they have potential. Have 100s on there now lol, who knows if I'll ever get to em all. But for the guy above who mentioned possibly 'forgetting' them, well I'm hoping this will stop that from happening.

I will still go back and play some abandoned games that I had interest in, but at least I know they are abandoned ahead of time now, so I don't get as invested and am just there nexting through 'checking it out' knowing that the next next might be the last next lol

But I've noticed one trend which annoys me, is that a lot of games will introduce multiple potential LI's, and of course there's always 1-2 standouts in that mix, and every. single. game. wants to drag out that character arc. Maybe because the Def feels soon as they release those long awaited scenes people will stop supporting cuz they got what they wanted? I dunno, but if you play a lot of these games early, you can spend hours on character build up, or the dev having every lewd scene with the less appealing characters that nobody really cares about, and then the game stops, before ANY content with any of the characters you actually want to see content with. So lemme just wait.
 
waiting is definitely the move for me. I've been burnt too many times by playing an interesting game at or close to its launch and waiting for months or years for it to just be abandoned or feel nothing like what I originally played.
 
I'll download them the day they get released, but finding the time to actually play them is a different matter. I'll also wait until any patches or mods have been updated. Currently I have over a hundred downloaded games waiting to be played (112 to be exact).
 
If it is a game I have already played and I really enjoyed it, either it is an erotic game like "The Two Sides Of Love" or a strategy game like "Civilization", I will play it as soon as I get it! But if it is a game I only read about it and I thought it could be fun, there would be no hurry, I would try it when I happen to be waiting for the release of my favorite games.
 
Back
Top Bottom