Theme editor

Do you prefer to play games on release day or wait a while?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jogur
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 363
  • Views Views 15K
If its a game I have been waiting for, then I of course wanna play it instant. I never waited like on purpose for a game to imporve a while before I play it.
 
If i'm interested in a new game i usually wait for a few updates untill i play it. I hate when i'm playing a good game and has almost no content
yes i always wait when i know theres enough content to were its worth downloading
 
Bit of both, it depends on how much hype i've got for a game. Ace Combat 8? Preordered day one. I've recently bought Ledgerbound at launch bc of launch sale, but I'm waiting for bugfixes before playing it
 
If I was looking forward to this game, then of course I already played it on the day of the release.
 
I used to take time off to dive in deep on games I was waiting for, but got burned a couple times. Now, I wait for them to go on sale, if I remember to get them at all
 
I've gotten stung a few too many times by buggy/bad releases, so I usually wait a couple of days for proper reviews now before buying anything
 
If I'm interested enough in a game for it to jump to the top of my backlog, I'll buy it day 1. If I'm that interested in a game I would buy it regardless of reviews because I would want to make up my own mind on it.

Some I'm less interested in I will wait until I'm done with some stuff I'm currently playing, and then probably check reviews.
 
i used to play them right away but now that I've learned my lesson, I wait to see what the update schedule will be like.

if its slow I bookmark the game page & if its an honest update schedule I'll watch the thread but way too many games with a once a year or more schedule just doesn't make for a game worth playing or enjoying, just cant restart a game 4 or 5 times before its 20% done.

may not even start if its going to take 10 years.

imagine going to the game store, buying a V. 0.01 game, take it home & play for 10 to 40 minutes & have to wait a year for V. 0.02

I'd be more likely to support a dev that made a full game, dumped it on the world for free & ashed if you like it to flip them some duckets
 
If we ignore the price factor you should still probably wait a bit for the game to be ironed out from all the bugs personally if I am not gonna pirate a game I wait for a sale
 
I definitely lean toward waiting a reasonable amount of time. Leaving the price aspect out of it entirely, it just feels like games launch unfinished way too often now, and it takes developers months or years to patch them into a proper state.

Giving a title a year or so to cook means you get to experience it with all the bugs fixed, extra optimization, and maybe even a few DLCs already packed in. It just makes for a way better playthrough. Day-one buyers are the ones keeping the lights on for these studios so no disrespect to them, but the trend of launching broken games is getting pretty exhausting to deal with.

While I was younger, I was definitely in the FOMO crowd, but now, naaa let it simmer and play something else
 
i 100% of the time wait atlest 2-3 weeks, so atlest some of the bugs all games have will be fixed.
i also refuse to pay for what i think is a overprized game, like yeah a game can be fun but not $60-$80 fun, so i just wait for a steam sale
 
"no pre orders" and let content creators test it out. There is too many overprized,unfinished and un-optimized games...
 
When It comes to pre-orders, day one purchases and early access, I avoid it like the plague (100x more if it's adult game). Been disappointed too many times already, and even if it's from a dev I trust, I rather wait for the product to be finished and tested before I buy it.
 
I prefer to wait until the biggest bugs are fixed. Nothing kills the vibe and satisfaction of a game like constant errors.
 
Depends on the title and what I have going on when it releases, used to pay more attention to release dates than I do now.
for the most part I do not, I'll at least wait a week or two sense reviews are to be trusted less than a wet fart in todays market.
 
Prefer to wait, most agmes now have a lot of bugs on launch so waiting helps with that. Also a fan of mods so that takes a while to get going aswell.
 
I can't be bothered with modern slop games—the high price tags, unoptimized, woke stuff, etc... I'm all about older games now. Release date is of no importance to me anymore.
 
I usually wait for games to get some reviews or have a general consensus on whether a game is good or not. Of course, reviews don't dictate entirely whether or not I play a game (that's up to me), but I want to hear other people's opinions first before I waste my time/money.
I made this mistake with Windrose. It was exciting on release, but it fell off once there was nothing else to discover. Which, I guess is to be expected considering it's an early access game. That was on me.
 
Back
Top Bottom