Do you prefer playing a VN with a Walkthrough Mod. Why/why not?

XPS3

Registered
Lewd
Jan 17, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
I don't really like using a walkthrough since it ruins the unpredictability factor.

cheems

Registered
Lewd
Jun 21, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
for AVNs i always look for a wt mod or some guide. for regular VNs i try a few runs before using mods to find what i missed.

Delto

Registered
Lewd
Jun 12, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
If a game has a mod, I'll always download it! I don't wanna regret my choices later and have to go back to an older save. I want to know exactly what each choice does.

Djehuty

☕︎ City Pop and chill~
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Apr 23, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Yes. I hate playing for hours only to find out I'm out of the route or content I was aiming for. I especially hate when it's because one silly choice, or when the branching system is an obtuse and convoluted mess.

And I want more than a simple walkthough stating points gained or whatever. I want to know exactly what kind of content every route has, I want everything laid out before me, I don't mind spoilers.

kikomascado

Registered
Lewd
Jan 30, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Well, I do like having some choices, but I also don't like being locked out of future content. So I usually see (normally on the Ren'Py script itself) what flags get active and edit them of the conditions of the future outcome, as to get all scenes in a single playthrough.

iframe

Registered
Lewd
Jun 6, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
I'm not one for multiple playthroughs. I hate replaying. So WT mods are a must for me. Play it through one time and get the ending i want.
Multiple paths and endings are a scam mostly, illusion of choice and endings are mostly just red, green, blue or happy, meh, sad. Doesn't matter if its in AAA games industry, indie or VN.

robbiesmith123456

Registered
Lewd
Jan 9, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
If the game is complicated, I like a walkthrough mod. I don't want to take the time to figure out where I went wrong if the story takes a path I didn't intend.

jbk304

Registered
Lewd
Dec 27, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
100% walkthrough. I like knowing what my options are. Otherwise I safe scum and that's not as much fun.

ThatguyIII

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Mar 12, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 1
For a quicker fap, walkthrough, but when I want to see a story to make the fap more enjoyable, no walkthrough

stangnomez

Registered
Lewd
Feb 14, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Sisterly Lust was one of the first of these games that I played. At some point the game was "You wake up...nothing happens...you go to bed" over and over. I looked online and saw that I had locked myself out of most of the content because I picked the wrong answers.

Walkthrough

Reactions: 1 user

Blanchet96

Registered
Lewd
Sep 13, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Always with a walkthrough mode. Some games have many branches and it give you a better experience if you know where a certain choice will lead you. Also... i play for amusement, i'm not looke for a challenge.

Reactions: 1 user
Back
Top Bottom