Do you prefer playing a VN with a Walkthrough Mod. Why/why not?

andere234432

Registered
Lewd
Oct 23, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Unless I'm planning to replay the game to try a different path/style I'd usually pick up the walkthrough to avoid missing content

cooliyagames

Registered
Lewd
Dec 17, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
i hate missing content and for me its hard to try and get all the different paths so ya i do prefer having a walkthrough available

GrassDeficient

Registered
Lewd
Oct 3, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
too many bad ending in games like this, and most of the time you dont get a hint its the wrong choice during game so its a hassle later to try n fix it

Reactions: 1 user

michala

Registered
Lewd
Apr 21, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
often the optiens can be impossible to desipher you tell her shes pretty and suddenly she hates you theres a few games that avoids the vonfusion but theres far bettwem them so i always use walkthrough if avalible i might missremeber but i think shale hill avoids it it might just be beacuse it well writhen im pretty sure i actully followed the story thats rare for me i also use the unlock options but only after i played my first playthrough
:)

LUVGAMZ23

Registered
Lewd
Mar 1, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
I always play with WT AND with Mods. I won’t replay AAA games to “try again” if I went down a lose-path. I certainly won’t with an AVN. Doubly so that some games have what I've heard it called “Psychic Gaming” i.e. you have be psychic to know what the Devs wants.

For some games, it’s “be nice” to all of the Love Interests, except of course this one (who likes it rude), and that one but ONLY in this scene, unless of course…

Other VNs, it’s even worse. Barely exaggerating: Remember way WAY back on release 1… when you were asked “Do you buy chocolates or flowers?” Do you? Because now, on release 5, you only get scene A from a totally new LI that was irrelevant to that purchase… if it was chocolates but NOT if it was flowers.

A common real one is On DAY 1: “Do you take the bus to work? Or the subway?”… and you know the consequences only in Chapter 2 of the game i.e. on release 10+…

Fuck…
That…
Shit!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Paiopony

Registered
Lewd
Jun 5, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
With a walkthrough, I don't want to be saving constantly before every decision

Tosser

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Feb 2, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I like the mod. I'll play a primary route that is my "preferred choices", but I'll also have a better idea of where I need to make saves during different paths to get the best spread of branches to get the majority of the content and to get any "achievements" via regular play and not using an unlocker.

nishaven

Registered
Lewd
Aug 6, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Yeah. I don't want to regret my decisions later and go back to an old save. I just like to know which choice does what.

lorkdubo

Registered
Lewd
Feb 15, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
The grind in visual novels is replaying the game multiple times in a row to find the choices needed to get the route you want.
As a kid I would play Japanese VNs without guides but really walk through mods is simply skipping what would just be grinding in other games and all you are doing is saving time.
Here lies the problem. Japanese VN perfected these system and you tend to have in game flowcharts that help. We don't have them in western VN so there is a need for Walkthroughs.

Jogur

Registered
Lewd
Dec 19, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
It depends on the game and the extension, a first or second game without help and then I see that there are many paths or branches, especially those games with small things that you must do throughout the story that if you don't do it you will They close several paths and you have to start from scratch.

Uninvited Gues

Registered
Lewd
Jun 7, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
I don't like to play 80% of the plot again and again and again ... just to see different endings that I (maybe) don't like.
It's a waste of time. So yes, WT is a + for me in games with lots of branches. (btw, I enjoy KNs, too.)

cckerberos

Registered
Lewd
Jul 1, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
I prefer a walkthrough because it's almost always the case that there's a "right" answer to any choice.

Aka123

Registered
Lewd
Mar 13, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
If the game has the mod available I will always download it. A game not having one isn't a deal breaker for me though and just means I will have to replay the game at times to get the scenes I missed.

Greenshirt

Registered
Lewd
Dec 28, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
I like unlocking all the content, so it's really nice especially after the first play through

azlocs

Registered
Lewd
Jan 31, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Mostly play with WT because there I don't want to think much while playing

5pVtFrBR#j2q#%

Registered
Lewd
Jul 9, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
I don't really replay things to see all the paths, so I like to use WT mods and have a more complete experience my first time around.

Back
Top Bottom