Do you prefer playing a VN with a Walkthrough Mod. Why/why not?

Jnicolas2022

Registered
Lewd
Dec 27, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
I play with walkthrough, most games, even the good ones, don't need to be played a second time, a gallery or replay function is enough.

stark

Registered
Lewd
Jan 3, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I always start off without one, but a lot of the time it's a 3 way guessing game to figure out what the dev wants you to say.
I like URM for this, so you can get into the dev's head and see what kind of points they award for different things.

MattShizzle

Prestige 1
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Apr 25, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 4
Prestige 1
Yes, to avoid bad shit and be able to get the good stuff. I HATE having to use a walkthrough that's online or text when playing a game. They shouldn't make it that you need one.

squared

Registered
Lewd
Jun 5, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Yes. I don't wanna miss things or get fucked by some vague choice leading to horrible results.

HuevosAzules

Professional Weirdo
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Apr 25, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 4
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I try not to, but when the game is complicated or has many paths, I do use a WT
Helps not to miss anything...

misaki002

Registered
Lewd
Feb 1, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
I prefer playing with walkthrough mod but i dont mind if there is no mod though at that case i use gallery mod after playthrough or i dont play other routes.

Biksamaci

Registered
Lewd
Aug 15, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
I start everything without walkthrough mode. If there is an outstanding character in the game compared to the others, I don't even care about the others anymore and I try to play it without walkthrough mode because it is a thousand times more challenging, not to mention that you are more likely to face such "obstacles" in real life. If all the characters in the game are average or all are outstanding, then I play with walkthrough mode so that I don't miss any content.

catman290

Registered
Lewd
Apr 5, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
when i do, i end up skipping dialogues knowing ill always know what the right choice will be and then after a while i dont know how the MC is managing to fuck all these 10/10 hotties.

Degen Man

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Aug 26, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Depends on the game and how convoluted it can get.

Reactions: 1 user

feralchild

Registered
Dec 27, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
I do. I don't have enough time to be experimenting to get the routes I want.
Especially when a game is convoluted with how they path their games.
Sometimes the choices make sense and are intuitive. Sometimes it's totally random.

Reactions: 1 user

NateDawg59

Registered
Lewd
Feb 28, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
It depends on the game. If I'm just going to miss a few gallery scenes, then probably not. But if there area lot of characters with at least a few choices or multiple paths that really affect outcomes, then yes. It also depends on the person doing the mod. Someone like Lain you can reasonably expect accuracy, others, not so much.

ntrgamerdude

Registered
Lewd
Jan 7, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
If I fully trust that a game is complete and functional in all directions, I don't mind not having a walkthrough. But as it's not the case with most games, I prefer having one to refer to.

vibeman

Registered
Lewd
Oct 17, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
I like using walkthroughs but I also like playing through all the choice trees to use the outcome I like the most

MichealIsKing!

Head Drood
Registered
Lewd
Oct 21, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
No mod first time through, but sometimes its a real rough sell. The dog shit logic behind some choices have nearly broken me.

brassarse1

Registered
Lewd
Dec 7, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
I like playing with a walk thru mod cause you can turn it off and if it finishes early you can start again with on and see all the good parts you missed.

sglade

Registered
Lewd
Jun 2, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Yes always, I want to get only the scenes im interested in and follow the path I want, usually the harem route. Not a fan of replaying when I could be playing something else

Back
Top Bottom