Which popular games you found below expectations and overhyped?

Deafeningly

Registered
Lewd
Nov 26, 2023
LC COIN
WMV for sure, I can't read one more word that the dev write in this game. Also what's about the weird first person perspective where everyone looks like their talking 2" from your face, jarring.

Reactions: 2 users

olscel

Registered
Sep 5, 2022
LC COIN
WMV for sure, I can't read one more word that the dev write in this game. Also what's about the weird first person perspective where everyone looks like their talking 2" from your face, jarring.
100% I don't get why it's so popular

Reactions: 1 users

glewey15

Registered
Lewd
Jul 22, 2022
LC COIN
A Struggle with Sin, was so confusing for me. Many RPGM games are hard to play because you need to follow a walkthrough carefully to see everything

binstinct79

Super Lewd
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
Mar 17, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 1
Prestige 2

shaitanxxx

Registered
Lewd
Dec 14, 2023
LC COIN
What is WMV? I can't find that one? I assume it is an abreviation I am not aware of.

One that I am not sure if it is actually popular or just a meme, but that Bad Bobby game. So popular people still pay him money monthly and there have been so many remakes

Soniram

Ruby
Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
Jun 24, 2023
Website
www.patreon.com
LC COIN
What is WMV? I can't find that one? I assume it is an abreviation I am not aware of.

One that I am not sure if it is actually popular or just a meme, but that Bad Bobby game. So popular people still pay him money monthly and there have been so many remakes
WVM is the name of it. You can find it on FuckYou95. Just Google it and it should show up.

binstinct79

Super Lewd
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
Mar 17, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Prestige 2

conzibald

Always willing to put a bun in your oven
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
Apr 28, 2023
A kitchen as someone outside my door yelling
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
While not a lewd game it is popular. Persona5 i could only stomach 4 hours in before i turned it off in frustration at how bad i found the writing of events, pacing and heavy handed almost trying to shove down my throat mask theme attempt plus the music felt neutered or watered down. And the velvet room and igor were also big disappointments to me.

However a game i tried afterwards and aquired in close proximity or alongside p5(don't remember) and fell in love with. Kowloon highschool chronicle.

A VN/ dungeon crawler where you are a treasure hunter investigating ruins where it seems some ancient super civilization seeming to span from ancient egypt to ancient japan. By day you pretend to be a student in a japanese school as the ruin is below the school. This is where the VN comes into play and you can interact with eccentric and interesting characters. The dungeon crawling bit comes in during night/evening as you explore the ruins. You can also befriend people that can become companions you can hav join you during dungeon crawling.

All in all i am glad youtubes algorithm showed me a clip which put that game on my radar and is why i bought it to wash off my disappointment after p5 with.

Danv

Too old to care
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Feb 12, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
My New Family
too much water, you can cut 75% of dialogues and it won't change anything for the story, progression, character development, pacing or fluff
i get a feeling dev used to write for a living and was payed by the word
would be much better if at least some of that was redirected towards actual choices instead of just being closet KN
yet people see cute monster girl and cream their pants, fanbase is so fucking aggressively fanatical - they become completely retarded

Reactions: 1 user
Back
Top Bottom