Which popular games you found below expectations and overhyped?

Doxxi

Registered
Lewd
Apr 1, 2024
LC COIN
The amount of characters is part of what appeals to me, but fair enough. It's a stupid amount of content which is great long term but can get miserable short term if you're looking to get to something or replaying cause of reworked or new early/mid game additions
It was not to much of a issue for me till i spent like 2 years away and wanted to replay it from the start and just forgot how much stuff there was to go to, house in the rift is another great one with amazing art that i really want to start fresh on one but is also pretty dense.

AggressiveCheeto

Registered
Lewd
Jun 13, 2023
LC COIN
Holy mother of the great grey lizard god.
And here I was doing the grind and once in a while uploading and editing a save with saveeditonline or something :-O
Thanks!
For you and anyone else reading that considers a game below expectations cause of a grind but like it otherwise I HIGHLY recommend:
Universal Ren'py mod - for ren'py games
MTool - supposedly works for RPGMaker MV/MZ/2k/2k3/XP/Vx/VxAce/Wolf RPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SMILE GAME BUILDER/Bakin/Ren'Py, but I've only used it for rpg maker games
UnRen - if you really wanna screw with a compiled game's code or just want to see the images and all that instead of playing the game (hardly use it but it doesn't hurt)

I've found that a lot of games have good stories or content but are bogged down by horrendous or just plain tedious gameplay design choices and I'd rather put in a little bit of effort on variable and/or code manipulation to enjoy the rest of the game. Especially if it's easier, faster, and more fun than playing normally.

• Heart
Reactions: 4 users

AggressiveCheeto

Registered
Lewd
Jun 13, 2023
LC COIN
It was not to much of a issue for me till i spent like 2 years away and wanted to replay it from the start and just forgot how much stuff there was to go to, house in the rift is another great one with amazing art that i really want to start fresh on one but is also pretty dense.
Yeah I couldn't catch up to the content when I tried replaying it before getting distracted by other games or life. Feel the same for house in the rift, but I can't in good conscious say they're "bad" in my opinion.

Doxxi

Registered
Lewd
Apr 1, 2024
LC COIN
Yeah I couldn't catch up to the content when I tried replaying it before getting distracted by other games or life. Feel the same for house in the rift, but I can't in good conscious say they're "bad" in my opinion.
true i would never say they are bad i just warn people about the time commitment

Tidus Black

Registered
Lewd
Jul 9, 2022
LC COIN
A game that I thought would be boring, but that surprised me was MWNeus, the shape and mystery it shows won me over.

aileg

Registered
Lewd
Jun 15, 2022
LC COIN
Being A DIK. The game is good and all that, BUT, it is not THAT game to be top 1 for sure. Lots of exaggerated features with newbie mistakes and story. There is just nothing special, no extra majestic renders, story is mid if it has it at all, characters are also very under question. It is still solid game but not top 1.
I agree completely. It is obviously well made and even pretty fun at first. I found it to get more and more boring a few hours in, even with the action ramping up. I think the lack of anything special is the problem. It seems very promising at the beginning and it doesn't outright fail, but it doesn't ever feel like it meets the expectation at the beginning.

JITBoxen

Registered
Lewd
Mar 25, 2023
LC COIN
For you and anyone else reading that considers a game below expectations cause of a grind but like it otherwise I HIGHLY recommend:
Universal Ren'py mod - for ren'py games
MTool - supposedly works for RPGMaker MV/MZ/2k/2k3/XP/Vx/VxAce/Wolf RPG/TyranoBuilder/SRPGStudio/Kirikiri2/SMILE GAME BUILDER/Bakin/Ren'Py, but I've only used it for rpg maker games
UnRen - if you really wanna screw with a compiled game's code or just want to see the images and all that instead of playing the game (hardly use it but it doesn't hurt)

I've found that a lot of games have good stories or content but are bogged down by horrendous or just plain tedious gameplay design choices and I'd rather put in a little bit of effort on variable and/or code manipulation to enjoy the rest of the game. Especially if it's easier, faster, and more fun than playing normally.
Follow-up question if I may: Does the ren'py mod cause issues with other mods for let's say "narrative fixes to any roommates and landladies" or walkthroughs?

Doxxi

Registered
Lewd
Apr 1, 2024
LC COIN
Follow-up question if I may: Does the ren'py mod cause issues with other mods for let's say "narrative fixes to any roommates and landladies" or walkthroughs?
i have never had ren'py mod mess up or get messed up by narrative fixes mods

Reactions: 1 user

zaqws112

Registered
Lewd
Mar 30, 2024
LC COIN
Adding to the above and echoing that I've never had issues with it either.

Reactions: 1 users

TrucuioBrown

Wincest is life!Come,on Devs.Make some hairybushes
Registered
Lewd
Sep 17, 2022
LC COIN
I love Radiant, but I understand why many don't. It's a very slow burn...and that's not everyone's cup of tea. It's also trying to be a little more "real" than some incest games...though it's still a dude that's got his three daughters and like 4 other women all crushing on him so the realism only goes so far.
I love too. I think the real problem not is the slow burn itself, but every update takes ONE YEAR to come is complicated. If you see more carefully, last scene of sex was too rushed, but as the update frequency is low and it has been years since the game started being made, players have already waited too long and don't care about "boom a sex scene". Slow Burn/corruption game needs high frequency of uptade.

AbruptForfeit

Registered
Lewd
Jun 15, 2022
LC COIN
I think proud father was one of the very overhyped games. Alot of people really like it, but In all honesty there is just something very strange about how all the people look in that game, even when compared to the general strangeness of Daz models as a whole, they really stand out in a not so good way to me.

Inininni

Registered
Lewd
May 23, 2022
LC COIN
My vote go to Radiant, how many years did it tkae for thoe meager amount of contents, literally a fuck per year.

AggressiveCheeto

Registered
Lewd
Jun 13, 2023
LC COIN
it shouldn't and could be used in place of a fix in some cases if the relationships are stored as variables for some reason. I also use URM in place of a walkthrough mod and only ever had an issue with the mod in one game, The Sin Within (not that popular yet but I recommend it), where it wouldn't let me save but didn't corrupt existing saves or anything. I just removed the file and it was all normal again.

jawz

Registered
Lewd
Nov 26, 2022
LC COIN
What are your thoughts on:
Become a rockstar.
Being a Dik.
Leap of Faith.
Summer’s gone.
Fresh women.
become a rockstar: i enjoyed it. the characters are great, the writing is good, the music is good, there's also 50+ H scenes. i didn't like that there's no harem path, but i still played through it. one thing i disliked is that a bunch of side characters were introduced early on, but after a couple of scenes with them they're just never mentioned again.

badik: easily one of the best games out there. the renders are amazing, the characters are funny, and it's hard not to like them all. the phone ui and the twitter conversations are great, i wish more games would learn from that. i hate minigames and sandbox, but these were pretty well done. there's a huge cast of characters, both guys and girls. lots of character development throughout, even for the guys and non LI women.

leap of faith. another good game. it's emotional, and one of the things that stood out to me are the facial expressions changing with every line to match. it felt very real.

haven't played the last 2

yarefi

Registered
Lewd
Feb 5, 2024
LC COIN
Overhyped? Definitely Milfy City. [duck] It's not really bad, but not more than average.

gostek

Registered
Lewd
Feb 23, 2023
LC COIN
What are your thoughts on:
Become a rockstar.
Being a Dik.
Leap of Faith.
Summer’s gone.
Fresh women.
of these games I have only played Being a Dik Season 1-2 and for me this game is rightfully popular. Interesting characters, pretty girls, almost perfect sex scenes, it feels like a big project. I recommend it wholeheartedly. Unless you don't like the college atmosphere.

gostek

Registered
Lewd
Feb 23, 2023
LC COIN
Do you say that because of the visuals? Thoughts on Harem Hotel?
Based on the games I played. Visuals are the least of the problems, although you have to like this style. What irritates me more is that these games are not serious and often have kitschy humor. They also have anime-like logic. Not to mention the cat ears ;) If there is a game made in HS/Koiketsu that approaches sex in a more realistic way, building tension between the characters, maybe I will verify my views, I haven't seen any yet. And unfortunately, I won't comment on Harem Hotel because I only play games that are complete or abandoned.

Reactions: 1 user
Back
Top Bottom