Which popular games you found below expectations and overhyped?

AlienPls3

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 19, 2022
LC COIN
Being A DIK. The game is good and all that, BUT, it is not THAT game to be top 1 for sure. Lots of exaggerated features with newbie mistakes and story. There is just nothing special, no extra majestic renders, story is mid if it has it at all, characters are also very under question. It is still solid game but not top 1.

Reactions: 1 users

binstinct79

Super Lewd
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 17, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Any thoughts on wvm?

Doxxi

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 1, 2024
LC COIN
Any thoughts on wvm?
i was looking to see if anyone had mentioned WVM and for me its that game, i was a patreon for brain drop really early into the game( it was also really fun on Fuck95 when early on in the game a member jokingly created the cult of baily) and while i like harem games WVM just ended up going way to hard into it and i increasingly did not like the interaction between the mc and the girls ( it kinda hit a head for me when you move into the house that the boss of the mc's mom)

Doxxi

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 1, 2024
LC COIN
What are your thoughts on:
Become a rockstar.
Being a Dik.
Leap of Faith.
Summer’s gone.
Fresh women.
Becoming a rockstar is alright, depending on the route you go, some really leave a lot to be desired.

i dont care for being a Dik the author's humor just does not mesh well with me.

Summers gone is really slow going but i love it.

Reactions: 1 users

AggressiveCheeto

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 13, 2023
LC COIN
all games that are popular and made in HS/Koiketsu are overhyped for me, but it's probably a matter of my taste. xD
It would be best if you wrote which game you think is popular and then I will tell you whether it is right or wrong :)
Do you say that because of the visuals? Thoughts on Harem Hotel?

tath777

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 5, 2023
LC COIN
harem hotel it looks bad compared to most popular games its also a sandbox so it requires grind
another game is leap of faith the renders were great but animations were bad also for me only 2 girls were good the rest were meh at best

Kaeng_Nai

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 19, 2023
LC COIN
Proud Father

It's a great game, but after playing it all the way up to the end of the last update I still don't understand why people love it as much as they do, It's good, but for me it's not even close to be a top 5 game

morik21

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 24, 2022
LC COIN
"Light of my life" i just cant see how so many people like it, if it was just a normal story on paper i might understand but with them faces???...

Reactions: 1 user

Doxxi

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 1, 2024
LC COIN
"Light of my life" i just cant see how so many people like it, if it was just a normal story on paper i might understand but with them faces???...
FR i could never get past the faces just such a hard turnoff

AggressiveCheeto

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 13, 2023
LC COIN
I can let a lot slide and enjoy the most barebone hs/koikatsu games if there's a good story or some spark in it that appeals to me, but Light of my Life I really couldn't last long even though I could tell there was depth. Hope to give it another chance later, but not anytime soon.

JITBoxen

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 25, 2023
LC COIN
I keep reading Lust Epidemic and Treasure of Nadia are liked but either it's the oversized stuff or something else but I never got to finish either. Just start, durdle for a few hrs and then forget about the game for a year or so...

Doxxi

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 1, 2024
LC COIN
I keep reading Lust Epidemic and Treasure of Nadia are liked but either it's the oversized stuff or something else but I never got to finish either. Just start, durdle for a few hrs and then forget about the game for a year or so...
lust epidemic i did not care for but treasure of nadia i just cant stand the actual game play they included so i just don't find it worth playing.

Dking68

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 30, 2023
LC COIN
Being A DIK. The game is good and all that, BUT, it is not THAT game to be top 1 for sure. Lots of exaggerated features with newbie mistakes and story. There is just nothing special, no extra majestic renders, story is mid if it has it at all, characters are also very under question. It is still solid game but not top 1.
i agree with the exaggerated features but i do love the story as it was one of my very first adult VN ive played

Kali Kalssen

Salacious Sapphic Sinner
Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 9, 2023
LC COIN
Acting Lessons. That game was so highly rated, with glowing reviews that I went into it with very, VERY high expectations. The game is alright, the writing is definitely above average but it's nowhere near as good as I was expecting. I definitely think I'd have thought higher of it if I'd just randomly found it, rather than firing it up with such high expectations.

AggressiveCheeto

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 13, 2023
LC COIN
i love all the art in harem hotel but its a slog to get through.
is it the grind or that there's just a ton of content? For ren'py games I ALWAYS insist other's get universal ren'py mod so they can completely bypass it and enjoy the rest.

Reactions: 2 users

JITBoxen

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 25, 2023
LC COIN
is it the grind or that there's just a ton of content? For ren'py games I ALWAYS insist other's get universal ren'py mod so they can completely bypass it and enjoy the rest.
Holy mother of the great grey lizard god.
And here I was doing the grind and once in a while uploading and editing a save with saveeditonline or something :-O
Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Doxxi

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 1, 2024
LC COIN
More that there is a lot of content, there were like 8+ characters to do content for last i played. the actual "grind" of HH is not to bad

AggressiveCheeto

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 13, 2023
LC COIN
More that there is a lot of content, there were like 8+ characters to do content for last i played. the actual "grind" of HH is not to bad
The amount of characters is part of what appeals to me, but fair enough. It's a stupid amount of content which is great long term but can get miserable short term if you're looking to get to something or replaying cause of reworked or new early/mid game additions

Back
Top Bottom