Theme editor

4.00 star(s) 3 reviews
Super strange long silence from Director
It's been less than 2 months since his last post on SubscribeStar; he's gone silent longer than that before. I am a bit worried that he's losing motivation due to a steady decrease in his SubscribeStar income.
 
Man, I loved the game! The story went in a direction I totally didn’t expect (in a good way), but the killer is how insanely long it takes between updates.
 
Man, I loved the game! The story went in a direction I totally didn’t expect (in a good way), but the killer is how insanely long it takes between updates.
It would prob speed up if he got $1100 more per month worth so he could quit his day job. But given the unpredictability/unreliability of pay platforms of late I'm surprised that anyone still subs to anything porn-related at all, so quitting day jobs is probably a bad idea even if he did temporarily hit that goal.
 
It would prob speed up if he got $1100 more per month worth so he could quit his day job. But given the unpredictability/unreliability of pay platforms of late I'm surprised that anyone still subs to anything porn-related at all, so quitting day jobs is probably a bad idea even if he did temporarily hit that goal.
He did quit his day job when he reached that goal. Then F95 cancelled him, and then SS froze his account for multiple months, and his subscriber count dropped a lot. I don't recall him ever commenting about whether he re-acquired a day job after that income loss. If he didn't, his finances probably aren't looking too good.
 
He did quit his day job when he reached that goal. Then F95 cancelled him, and then SS froze his account for multiple months, and his subscriber count dropped a lot. I don't recall him ever commenting about whether he re-acquired a day job after that income loss. If he didn't, his finances probably aren't looking too good.
That depends on his living situation. If living alone and making it on his laptop in a library during the day and sleeping in his car at night and using a $50/mo gym membership for showers that would still allow plenty for food/savings of the $1400/mo he gets. But given the length between updates he prob just got another job, they are not that hard to get if one isn't picky and lives in a city and registered with various temp agencies and unlike some headlines suggest AI hasn't replaced every job yet, at least that's what I tell my lazy-ass sons that think I'm an ATM machine.
 
Last edited:
That depends on his living situation. If living alone and making it on his laptop in a library during the day and sleeping in his car at night and using a $50/mo gym membership for showers that would still allow plenty for food/savings of the $1400/mo he gets. But given the length between updates he prob just got another job, they are not that hard to get if one isn't picky and lives in a city and registered with various temp agencies and unlike some headlines suggest AI hasn't replaced every job yet, at least that's what I tell my lazy-ass sons that think I'm an ATM machine.
Right, I think it's more likely than not that he got a new day job and just hasn't mentioned it in public SS posts. It would definitely explain why the gap between updates got a lot longer after his subscriber count dropped.
 
I am a bit worried that he's losing motivation due to a steady decrease in his SubscribeStar income.
They need to stop making those small stories out of financial interest.
 
It's been less than 2 months since his last post on SubscribeStar; he's gone silent longer than that before. I am a bit worried that he's losing motivation due to a steady decrease in his SubscribeStar income.
Anyone doing this just for the money doesn't deserve to get shit. He's still getting $1597/mo, which is a lot more than most get (under $2/hr even with 6-month or longer updates). He's probably bored/burned out or writer's block or something. Making Renpy AVN's does get monotonous as fuck when doing everything yourself (prob not enough to pay someone else to help). Other than that if he'd crank out a monthly update no matter how small even with just one scene that tends to get far more subs, as most people aren't going to pay for something and then wait possibly an entire year for what they paid for or unsub after an update while waiting for the next one. He could easily hit that $5k/mo goal he set if he did that.
 
Does the game have almost to no sound? Aside from the music in the main menu, there is almost no sound from the game. Im still not far in but just wondering if my game is bugged or is there no moans or anything like that in the animation scenes?
 
Its been a while since I played it, but yeah I do believe it is mostly soundless. Looking in the game folder, there is a "Sounds" folder with a whopping 9 mp3s in 24 mb. And some of them have names like "elevator", "shower" and "train", so its primarily just noise and ambiance.
 
From SubscribeStar:



Public post

Oh, I'm not dead. Also, the images are done. Coding and some smaller things are left, and if I'm not gonna be able to release Chapter 2 of Little Green Hill tomorrow, I might commit seppuku.
Why was I gone for so long? Well, debt, getting a new job, and shit. Anyway, Chapter 2 by next week or my suicide.
 
From SubscribeStar:



Public post

Oh, I'm not dead. Also, the images are done. Coding and some smaller things are left, and if I'm not gonna be able to release Chapter 2 of Little Green Hill tomorrow, I might commit seppuku.
Why was I gone for so long? Well, debt, getting a new job, and shit. Anyway, Chapter 2 by next week or my suicide.
Don't you fucking dare suicide. Good devs are a rare treasure in shorter and shorter supply Especially loli devs. With great power, comes great responsibility.... and great porn.

Btw, this actually has a pretty good story. You think about taking up writing? Even something non-loli would probably sell decent. Maybe one of novels women are buying hand over fist with the super rich Minotaur protag?
 
Don't you fucking dare suicide. Good devs are a rare treasure in shorter and shorter supply Especially loli devs. With great power, comes great responsibility.... and great porn.

Btw, this actually has a pretty good story. You think about taking up writing? Even something non-loli would probably sell decent. Maybe one of novels women are buying hand over fist with the super rich Minotaur protag?
I'm not the developer, I just posted what he said on SubscribeStar since people don't usually keep an eye on the messages posted there.
 
I'm not the developer, I just posted what he said on SubscribeStar since people don't usually keep an eye on the messages posted there.

Ah OK, I don't actually have a subscribe star account, mine got banned for no listed reason, so maybe you can pass on the message?
 
Its a public post, so you don't actually need an account to read it there, you can just click on the link. And yes, it would be a shame to lose this dev. The field is getting quieter and quieter as the years go by, so we latch on to whoever shows promise and dedication.
 
Right, I think it's more likely than not that he got a new day job and just hasn't mentioned it in public SS posts. It would definitely explain why the gap between updates got a lot longer after his subscriber count dropped.
I should get a hobby doing prediction markets.

(But seriously, I'm glad to see that Marche hasn't given up on the project. If he needs to do this as a second job to keep his income stable, such is life, I'm still a fan.)
 
Back
Top Bottom