How to improve lewdcorner (your thoughts)

Naxos

Registered
Apr 24, 2022
LC COIN
This is a grumpy old man suggestion, but perhaps we can limit the size of signatures and animated/flashing profiles etc.

It's incredibly distracting when you're trying to read posts/above or below or reply and there is a massive animated signature trying to get your attention and things moving all over the screen.

As I say it's a grumpy old man thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

NuclearSpeck

Registered
Lewd
Jul 16, 2023
LC COIN
This is a grumpy old man suggestion, but perhaps we can limit the size of signatures and animated/flashing profiles etc.

It's incredibly distracting when you're trying to read posts/above or below or reply and there is a massive animated signature trying to get your attention and things moving all over the screen.

As I say it's a grumpy old man thing.
That is one of the reasons why I usually disable signatures entirely. So unless you want to see signatures, you can also hide them in the account preferences.

You must be registered to see attachments

Naxos

Registered
Apr 24, 2022
LC COIN
That is one of the reasons why I usually disable signatures entirely. So unless you want to see signatures, you can also hide them in the account preferences.

You must be registered to see attachments
Yeah I know of that, but I hate punishing the many for the acts of the few. I don't want to block everyone's signature just because one or two people have something distracting. Maybe it's one of those times I'll need to find an addon to just block that element.

Reactions: 1 user

NuclearSpeck

Registered
Lewd
Jul 16, 2023
LC COIN
Yeah I know of that, but I hate punishing the many for the acts of the few. I don't want to block everyone's signature just because one or two people have something distracting. Maybe it's one of those times I'll need to find an addon to just block that element.
For blocking animated/flashing images, I can recommend using a browser extension like uBlock Origin or any other decent ad blocker as most of them allow adding custom filters. For limiting image dimensions, I did some testing and a custom CSS seems to do the trick just fine. I am using with the following stylesheet:
CSS:
article.message aside.message-signature img {
    object-fit: contain;
    max-height: 100px;
    max-width: 300px;
    height: auto;
    width: auto;
}
You might want to adjust the max-height and max-width values according to your preferences.

That being said, being able to limit the image dimensions on signatures without having to resort to a browser extension would probably be nice.

ThaBoooB

Itty Bitty Titty Committee
Registered
Lewd
Aug 16, 2023
LC COIN
Hey fellow lewders.
I have been thinking about the new system. (like most of us)
I have even been defending it in some threads. I understand the reason why. And even though, it's understandably annoying and tedious for some. It is rly not a bad solution. (if it works)
It might need some fine-tuning, though. (Which I get the feeling the site runners are working on.)

One of the bigger problem I see is the timer for "likes". As this might also halt ppl from wanting to be active away from the so-called "grind".
Instead of showing your agreement with others, ppl are now being conservative with them, and rarely use them instead.

Before they added the "credit" system and the timer for "likes", I used to get around at least 2-3 likes per post. Allot more if I said something real nice about a game I liked.
Now I'm surprised if I receive even one. Because of that, I feel like I'm not interacting with LC like I used to, which was mostly for fun.

The "likes" encourages ppl to be active in the forum. It's not like I'm a whore for them. It's just always nice to know if ppl agree. But you also get a small dopamine boost from them, so it automatically makes it so I'm more eager to be "active", because my brain rewords me for it.

Some thoughts on viable solutions:
- I think that either remove "likes" from the "credit" system, and the points gained from "likes" completely. And maybe change the point you make from post up to 7-8 instead.
- Or lower the timer to 30sec. After 3 min I will already have moved on to another thread, kept on reading so I'm on another page, or I'm done with what I was here for and closed the browser.
- Or keep the timer but keep it hidden. Remove the warning and let me "like" to my heart's content. Even if I can only earn 5 cred per 3 min.

• Heart
Reactions: 5 users

userloser80

Registered
Lewd
Sep 8, 2023
LC COIN
I'm sure this idea has been considered previously and may be too much of a burden for the admins, but having rating for subcategories like graphics quality, writing, and character development and variety of situations would be a nice feature.

tyrannicpuppy

Registered
Lewd
Apr 25, 2023
LC COIN
Hey fellow lewders.
I have even been defending it in some threads. I understand the reason why. And even though, it's understandably annoying and tedious for some. It is rly not a bad solution. (if it works)
It might need some fine-tuning, though. (Which I get the feeling the site runners are working on.)

One of the bigger problem I see is the timer for "likes". As this might also halt ppl from wanting to be active away from the so-called "grind".
Instead of showing your agreement with others, ppl are now being conservative with them, and rarely use them instead.

Before they added the "credit" system and the timer for "likes", I used to get around at least 2-3 likes per post. Allot more if I said something real nice about a game I liked.
Now I'm surprised if I receive even one. Because of that, I feel like I'm not interacting with LC like I used to, which was mostly for fun.

The "likes" encourages ppl to be active in the forum. It's not like I'm a whore for them. It's just always nice to know if ppl agree. But you also get a small dopamine boost from them, so it automatically makes it so I'm more eager to be "active", because my brain rewords me for it.

- I think that either remove "likes" from the "credit" system, and the points gained from "likes" completely. And maybe change the point you make from post up to 7-8 instead.
- Or lower the timer to 30sec. After 3 min I will already have moved on to another thread, kept on reading so I'm on another page, or I'm done with what I was here for and closed the browser.
- Or keep the timer but keep it hidden. Remove the warning and let me "like" to my heart's content. Even if I can only earn 5 cred per 3 min.
Agreed. Keep the timer in the background and only allow credits to be earned from reactions once every five or ten minutes if its a problem. It annoys the fuck out of me that I can't react on posts that are worth it because of an arbitrary countdown hasn't expired yet. They could take all my credits right now in exchange for freedom to react at will again and I wouldn't bat an eye. Return the forums functionality please.

Reactions: 1 user

dariorthan

Registered
Lewd
Jan 21, 2023
LC COIN
for some reason automod removes the shorthand for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tabacco, Firearms and Explosives in both searches and posts and I couldnt find any explanation as to why it did that. maybe either fix that or make an post explaining why it does.

Browsar

Registered
Jun 21, 2023
LC COIN
Like some other websites, I would appreciate a tags filter in the 'latest updates' section, so that you can keep up to date with the tags you are interested in.

ThaBoooB

Registered
Lewd
Aug 16, 2023
LC COIN
Like some other websites, I would appreciate a tags filter in the 'latest updates' section, so that you can keep up to date with the tags you are interested in.
IF you go via the forums tab > then games. Instead of latest updates tab. You will find what you are looking for. ;)

Gazz

Registered
Lewd
Jul 12, 2023
LC COIN
Hey fellow lewders.

I think a better solution would be to only gain points from receiving likes, and not from giving likes. That way people don't have a personal incentive to give them away while those who earn them with good content are still being rewarded. This would also work best if the negative reactions don't give points since that way people can give those without rewarding unwanted behavior. If people do just like everything to give away points, they can lose points when spam posts that have their likes on them get deleted.

ThaBoooB

Registered
Lewd
Aug 16, 2023
LC COIN
I think a better solution would be to only gain points from receiving likes, and not from giving likes. That way people don't have a personal incentive to give them away while those who earn them with good content are still being rewarded. This would also work best if the negative reactions don't give points since that way people can give those without rewarding unwanted behavior. If people do just like everything to give away points, they can lose points when spam posts that have their likes on them get deleted.
You mean, like it is now? :p
The problem is the lockout timer. And it is there to avoid bot spamming and like farming threads.

Gazz

Registered
Lewd
Jul 12, 2023
LC COIN
You mean, like it is now? :p
The problem is the lockout timer. And it is there to avoid bot spamming and like farming threads.

I thought the lockout timer exists because people receive points as well when they like posts. Why implement a lockout timer if that's not the case?

ThaBoooB

Registered
Lewd
Aug 16, 2023
LC COIN
I thought the lockout timer exists because people receive points as well when they like posts. Why implement a lockout timer if that's not the case?
Because ppl create like farming threads. (Like my post so I can get credits)

Gazz

Registered
Lewd
Jul 12, 2023
LC COIN
Because ppl create like farming threads. (Like my post so I can get credits)

The lockout timer doesn't necessarily fix that since people are still making spam posts and threads to get credits even without likes. The feature made a lot more sense when I assumed people got credits for liking something. They really should just make it so that posts that get deleted take credits from the people who liked it as well as removing the credits gained from posting and receiving likes. That way people who like spam posts just to give away credits risk losing their own credits.

Vulky

Registered
Apr 2, 2023
LC COIN
Latest Updates page is very often extremely slow to load (the main images). As a solution to make it loading faster, I propose to have the main images all in Jpeg or WebP format, in a reasonable size. The images used for the Latest Updates listing should be under 150 Kb each. Animated images should NOT be allowed as main image (hero image, title image etc) for a VN.

deulym

Registered
Lewd
Aug 2, 2022
LC COIN
Because of a recent incident with a terrible person on these forums, I formally request you add tons of games of chance to spend our coins on!

Roulette, black jack, gwent dice, cards, you name it!

Jokes aside, I personally think it'd be fun to be able to use the coins in a multitude of ways.
It reminds me of Gametrailers forum back in the day, it made the forums more fun to engage with.

Back
Top Bottom