How to improve lewdcorner (your thoughts)

Lord Drakkon

Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
Aug 21, 2022
LC COIN
I'm excited to announce that I'll be stepping in to help lead our vibrant community while Kavinsky takes a well-deserved break. As part of this new role, I'm committed to ensuring that LewdCorner continues to thrive and evolve in ways that best serve you, our valued members.

Your voice is crucial in this journey. I'm seeking your insights and feedback on what features, improvements, or content you feel are missing from our forum. What would you like to see more (or less) of? This is your opportunity to shape the future of LewdCorner.

While our development team is actively working on updates (currently visible only to us), your suggestions will play a key role in guiding these enhancements. We're striving to create a space that's not only enjoyable but also aligns with your needs and expectations.

In addition to seeking your input, I'd also like to extend an invitation for more active participation. If you have skills or ideas that could contribute to the growth and betterment of our community, please don't hesitate to reach out. Whether it's content creation, technical expertise, or community management, every contribution counts.

Finally, I want to assure you that transparency and communication will be my top priorities. Expect regular updates on our progress and decisions that impact the community. Your feedback won't just be heard; it will be acted upon.

Thank you for being a part of LewdCorner. Let's make it an even more amazing place together!

-L

• Heart
Reactions: 5 users

tyrannicpuppy

Registered
Lewd
Apr 25, 2023
LC COIN
The feature I would most like to see is a way to properly integrate LC into the Fuck95 Checker app.

I know there is a plan to make an LC launcher of it's own, but finding a way to patch into the already existing one would save a lot of work and prevent a need to have multiple programs on my PC just to play my VNs off. As F95C works great as an update tracker, game sorter and launcher. But at present I have to manually check the games on this site.

I know nothing about coding, so don't know it is even possible, but figured I'd take the opportunity to make the suggestion.

Reactions: 4 users

Lord Drakkon

Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
Aug 21, 2022
LC COIN
The feature I would most like to see is a way to properly integrate LC into the Fuck95 Checker app.

I know there is a plan to make an LC launcher of it's own, but finding a way to patch into the already existing one would save a lot of work and prevent a need to have multiple programs on my PC just to play my VNs off. As F95C works great as an update tracker, game sorter and launcher. But at present I have to manually check the games on this site.

I know nothing about coding, so don't know it is even possible, but figured I'd take the opportunity to make the suggestion.
can you link me to the Fuck95 checker app.

otearme

Registered
Apr 27, 2023
LC COIN
With server prices like $200 a month, did you consider buying your own server?
It could cost just about $500-600, and if you can't host it at home, there are colocation sites all over the world, for ~$50-100 a month (though initial equipment costs there could be a bit higher, but in the long run it might make sense).

Reactions: 1 users

ontach

Registered
Lewd
Sep 10, 2022
LC COIN
Are your hosting/server charges in any way related to the bandwidth consumed over a time period? If so, then please note that you are wasting bandwidth on the thumbnails on the Latest Updates, Dean's posts and Restricted Games pages. Your thumbnails are not actually thumbnails, they are full sized images squeezed into tiny boxes. If you pre-convert the images into thumbnails and use those instead you would save everyone's bandwidth - yours and every user who visits those pages (which almost everyone does).

If you have any doubts about the truth of my statement, click the Latest Updates page, open Task Manager, go to the performance tab and click the WiFi section. Wait for a time when nothing else on your system is consuming bandwidth, then go back to the Latest Updates page and do a shift+reload (which forces your browser to redownload everything afresh. Now see in Task Manager how much bandwidth the Latest Updates page is consuming.

It is possible to create the thumbnails on-the-fly whenever the page is requested, but that will consume server CPU and RAM resources which will also cost you. Since only one image per game is shown on the updates pages, creating a thumbnail of that when the game page is created is the only extra work that is needed. Then you can change the code for the updates pages to load the thumbnails instead.

Reactions: 5 users

otearme

Registered
Apr 27, 2023
LC COIN
click the Latest Updates page, open Task Manager, go to the performance tab and click the WiFi section. Wait for a time when nothing else on your system is consuming bandwidth, then go back to the Latest Updates page and do a shift+reload (which forces your browser to redownload everything afresh. Now see in Task Manager how much bandwidth the Latest Updates page is consuming.
Just my 2 cents: you can see page downloaded files in much easier way, using the browser Web Development Panel (usually it's opened by F12 or right-click - Inspect). Click "Network" tab and load the page. The list of all files with sizes should appear. If Web Development Panel doesn't open, check the browser settings.
Yes, thumbnails should be used instead of full size pics whenever appropriate.

Reactions: 3 users

ontach

Registered
Lewd
Sep 10, 2022
LC COIN
Just my 2 cents: you can see page downloaded files in much easier way, using the browser Web Development Panel (usually it's opened by F12 or right-click - Inspect). Click "Network" tab and load the page. The list of all files with sizes should appear. If Web Development Panel doesn't open, check the browser settings.
Yes, thumbnails should be used instead of full size pics whenever appropriate.
Thanks, otearme. Your way is much better and more detailed.
LC Latest updates: 13.45MB
For comparison, Fuck95 Latest Games and Updates is 3.41MB, in spite of each game thumb showing a slideshow of multiple images.

Reactions: 1 user

Kavinsky

Staff member
Owner
Administrator
Apr 23, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Are your hosting/server charges in any way related to the bandwidth consumed over a time period? If so, then please note that you are wasting bandwidth on the thumbnails on the Latest Updates, Dean's posts and Restricted Games pages. Your thumbnails are not actually thumbnails, they are full sized images squeezed into tiny boxes. If you pre-convert the images into thumbnails and use those instead you would save everyone's bandwidth - yours and every user who visits those pages (which almost everyone does).

If you have any doubts about the truth of my statement, click the Latest Updates page, open Task Manager, go to the performance tab and click the WiFi section. Wait for a time when nothing else on your system is consuming bandwidth, then go back to the Latest Updates page and do a shift+reload (which forces your browser to redownload everything afresh. Now see in Task Manager how much bandwidth the Latest Updates page is consuming.

It is possible to create the thumbnails on-the-fly whenever the page is requested, but that will consume server CPU and RAM resources which will also cost you. Since only one image per game is shown on the updates pages, creating a thumbnail of that when the game page is created is the only extra work that is needed. Then you can change the code for the updates pages to load the thumbnails instead.
i was on old host wasting bandwidth, the new host is unmetered bandwidth so thats good,

Reactions: 1 users

Kavinsky

Staff member
Owner
Administrator
Apr 23, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Thanks, otearme. Your way is much better and more detailed.
LC Latest updates: 13.45MB
For comparison, Fuck95 Latest Games and Updates is 3.41MB, in spite of each game thumb showing a slideshow of multiple images.
well once xenforo updates to version 2.3 it will support webp so it will be a lot smoother.

MattShizzle

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Apr 25, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
What about a search feature similar to Fuck95 where you can filter for/out tags and game engines? It's one thing they get right.

• Heart
Reactions: 9 users

lewduser014824

Prestige 1
Lewd
Jun 11, 2022
LC COIN
Sorting by latest updates. I dont care what games have had recent comments, I want to know when things are getting new releases. Id swear it was already an option and you removed it, if so, thats dumb.

Jalar25

Registered
Dec 21, 2023
LC COIN
add a way to filter the daz3d shit out of search results.

EDIT: See that filter was added. Search is automatically better than fag95. Thank you.

Last edited:

HentaiGamerN00b

Registered
Oct 8, 2023
LC COIN
Well, i had this crazy idea... Look over an Onlyfans girl, young, pretty with hell of followers and if possible, who likes to do game streaming, so, the idea is, to pay her to help to promote LC, that ppl who see her can see her visiting the site and searching for games, and of course, everything within the legal aspects of Onlyfans admit for her to show to her public, the kind of games that can be found here and all the stuff, as a way to attract more users and potential contributors (as part of the staff or donors).

Valso

Proud sinner
Registered
Lewd
Mar 2, 2023
LC COIN
Here's an idea for improvement: add a field to EXCLUDE tags. For instance, when searching for new games, I'd like to be able to exclude tags such as "hand drawn", "kokasu", "hs", "hs2" and many others.

Reactions: 4 users

MattShizzle

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Apr 25, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Definitely be nice to exclude stuff like ntr, futa, kinetic novel and sandbox.

jospaghettio

Registered
Lewd
Jun 6, 2022
LC COIN
My suggestion is to look into European(or any other) payment processors that don't have American connections and aren't as sensitive to white knight troll reports. American(read Anglo Saxon)payment processors are notoriously sensitive to sex and or loli allegations. If your payment processor even co-operates with American companies like Master Card, then that's a risk.

I'd appeal the Fansly ban if you haven't already. I assume that this happened due to some perceived violation of TOS. Rule 7 style. Politely! appeal. 3d renders are not CSAM. These are hot button issues and handled egregiously especially in Anglo jurisdictions. Germany and Sweden are also problematic. I'm sorry that the site financing side has been sabotaged so often. Thanks for your bull headedness.

sirneversleep

Registered
Lewd
Feb 15, 2023
LC COIN
Can you provide any form of proof at all that you didn't just pocket the money and terminate the account yourself? All this begging for donations is really starting to smell funny

Kavinsky

Staff member
Owner
Administrator
Apr 23, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Can you provide any form of proof at all that you didn't just pocket the money and terminate the account yourself? All this begging for donations is really starting to smell funny
yes i can :) (for the record, i will never lie and or use funds i obtain from LC for personal matters.)
You must be registered to see attachments

Back
Top Bottom