Does it feel like there aren't very many "new" games that are good?

kenny86

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 16, 2024
LC COIN
As more money starts circulating in a specific area, more grifters are attracted to it, thus lowering the quality of available content

shimi

Just a totally normal person here
Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 27, 2023
LC COIN
AI coming into the scene has definitely not done any favors

Sally69

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 26, 2024
LC COIN
WHel im not there that i feel there is no good games, but i must admit manny follows the same topics and themes. So i can see why people think so.

Kernist

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 24, 2022
LC COIN
I think Patreon is playing a big role in it. Firstly, they censor a lot of fetishes like incest so games are becoming more and more vanilla. Secondly, if the game is good and a lot of people support the creator he has no incentive to ever finish a game.

Reactions: 1 user

kisane

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 1, 2023
LC COIN
If the theme of the game bring more people to play and revenue for the dev is there they will keep doing it
if the demand for it is there not many try to branch out

Moses

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 19, 2023
LC COIN
Might be just that I'm getting old or something but it seems like a few years ago, you'd check the various sites and almost every week there'd be a new game or an update to a game that was incredible. Like 2-3 games a week being updated that were just really good, really decent stories that had good renders and animations, tolerable writing, etc.

And some of those games are still out there and still being worked on, with updates periodically.
But for the last few months it feels like there's so many games that are following the fetishes/trends that I'm not really into, or that just don't spend any real time on animations/renders, or that just follow the same templates as all the other popular games.
I mean, I like Harem games for example but it seems like almost every Harem game is copying the most popular few harem games and I can't even tell you how many "Dad that's fucking his daughters, wife, sister, nieces, their friends, etc" games that follow almost exactly the same plot.

1. Get seduced by daughter #1.
2. Hide it from wife.
3. Sister comes back into life due to a divorce from her husband.
4. Fuck sister like you always used to.
5. Find out sister's daughter(s) are your kids, fuck them with sister's help.
6. Sister helps you fuck your daughter #2.
7. Wife finds out you're fucking niece, gets mad.
8. Easily talk wife out of her anger with the power of dick.
9. Fuck wife, daughters, sister, nieces, some of their friends.
10. Daughters ask you to impregnate them constantly.
11. Sister talks you into impregnating her daughters.
12. You're a very wealthy businessman who also fucks his assistant.

It's like...this could describe half a dozen games I like. But why?

It's like that "you're a college graduate and your dad just died so you moved home but now you have to fuck your mom and sister, or they lose the house to gangsters!" type of plot.

Why isn't anybody coming up with unique stories anymore? Why are all the games feeling the same?

Is it just me?
The only game that i can think of that has that list is SSP, so i'd love to hear about those others if you'd be so kind

joshfootballer88

Registered
LV

Feb 15, 2024
LC COIN
The only game that i can think of that has that list is SSP, so i'd love to hear about those others if you'd be so kind
The guardian
Proud father
Proud Father
The Guardian
Parental Love
Corrupted Love
Taking Advantage
Buried desires
Our Island
Wicked Choices

I'm sure there are others

Reactions: 1 user

RedacTed

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 2, 2023
LC COIN
Wow it's just like the film industry.... not an original screenplay to be seen

(fr tho there's so much more variety here than the film industry rn)

RandMierdin

Registered
LV

May 3, 2024
LC COIN
Play TG or any of the BHU Games. The backstory on them is a whole new genre.. you still fuck your sister but still.. thats a given in an AVN. The whole series of games sets you on multiple paths of your choosing and you can play the game how ever you see fit. Dark, neutral, loving. you can also turn off content if you wish to not see
I'm guessing TG is The Guardian, but what is BHU?

Campurriana

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 9, 2023
LC COIN
I don't really care if the plot is repeated as long as it is well written and structured, the flaw I see in the games is that the exercise of imagination that you have to do to believe some situations is immense.
Not to mention when someone falls to the ground that always ends up on your face.

Wankdorf

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 26, 2024
LC COIN
Might be just that I'm getting old or something but it seems like a few years ago, you'd check the various sites and almost every week there'd be a new game or an update to a game that was incredible. Like 2-3 games a week being updated that were just really good, really decent stories that had good renders and animations, tolerable writing, etc.

And some of those games are still out there and still being worked on, with updates periodically.
But for the last few months it feels like there's so many games that are following the fetishes/trends that I'm not really into, or that just don't spend any real time on animations/renders, or that just follow the same templates as all the other popular games.
I mean, I like Harem games for example but it seems like almost every Harem game is copying the most popular few harem games and I can't even tell you how many "Dad that's fucking his daughters, wife, sister, nieces, their friends, etc" games that follow almost exactly the same plot.

1. Get seduced by daughter #1.
2. Hide it from wife.
3. Sister comes back into life due to a divorce from her husband.
4. Fuck sister like you always used to.
5. Find out sister's daughter(s) are your kids, fuck them with sister's help.
6. Sister helps you fuck your daughter #2.
7. Wife finds out you're fucking niece, gets mad.
8. Easily talk wife out of her anger with the power of dick.
9. Fuck wife, daughters, sister, nieces, some of their friends.
10. Daughters ask you to impregnate them constantly.
11. Sister talks you into impregnating her daughters.
12. You're a very wealthy businessman who also fucks his assistant.

It's like...this could describe half a dozen games I like. But why?

It's like that "you're a college graduate and your dad just died so you moved home but now you have to fuck your mom and sister, or they lose the house to gangsters!" type of plot.

Why isn't anybody coming up with unique stories anymore? Why are all the games feeling the same?

Is it just me?
It's because many devs don't know how to write a good, unique story. We need more games like Projekt Passion, Divimera, Desert Stalker etc

But let's face it, it won't change. You will always have games with incest cookie cutter stories the most. And at some point they are losing the appeal because it's nothing new and special anymore since it is suddenly the norm.

Dad70

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 11, 2022
LC COIN
One problem is that the most dev that can writhe a god story just suck on the art and contrariwise.
And as a player i just have played to many games so i always want something better than the latest one... 🤪

sam46

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 25, 2023
LC COIN
When I first went down this rabbit hole everything was so new and exciting, now it's so dull. I don't think it's about games, it's just like every addiction, people are looking for something more extreme.

Boog

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 11, 2022
LC COIN
I haven't seen anything new lately that is very compelling. Many good developers have thrown up their hands, said screw it and moved on to other things. Patreon and other outlets are making it very hard for developers and it seems like they are changing rules on allowed content from day to day. A couple notable content creators have shown where Patreon has changed policy 2-3 times in the span of a week or month specifically to stop specific developers. Am I surprised? NO, not at all. Patreon, more than any other company has caved to corporate greed and investor "political correctness" in order to stay profitable.

Add to this, the fact that for every worthwhile "completed" project, you have to weed through 100 projects that are abandoned or are outright cash grab garbage and you have the trend we currently sit in.

And people wonder why the darkweb and crypto outlets are growing in popularity....

Xonia

Community Lover
Staff member
Trial Moderator
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 9, 2023
LC COIN
Reactions: 1 users