Animation or still images

Olivetwisttie

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 23, 2024
LC COIN
animation adds to it for sure, but some of my favorite games and scenes just had stills. it's all about execution

Reactions: 1 user

Jake the flake

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 20, 2023
LC COIN
With everything else being equal then i'd always choose animation. But there's more to what makes a game good than just that so it just depends

Jubjub

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 7, 2022
LC COIN
I think that using animated characters is generally better. Live2D is especially good when we're talking about characters being shown casually on screen. I do think that this is something that isn't completely necessary, however.

Vlbc

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 12, 2023
LC COIN
It depends on the quality of the animation.

"My Best Deal" have awesome and fluid animation sex scenes.

"The Guardian" animation scenes are absolutely horrible.

MihoTakumi

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 29, 2023
LC COIN
Honestly I do not care much about animations, sure they're great addition if done right, but to me personally if the game is good, it's not necessary to be animated.

illEndline

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 25, 2022
LC COIN
Honestly I do not care much about animations, sure they're great addition if done right, but to me personally if the game is good, it's not necessary to be animated.
So true some games have been ruined by animations just from increased dev time alonen

illEndline

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 25, 2022
LC COIN
Games without animation, if the graphics are good, are excellent. When there is animation, often the body of the characters is quite well done, but in several games, the face lacks emotion and that spoils all the interest.
I hate when the movement is too static like it's on hinges

pervy_phoenix69

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 5, 2022
LC COIN
animations are great if they are well made and blend in like being a DIK ore Summer`s Gone
but i prefer just images over some half ass shaky image animations most devs do

stevie

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 15, 2022
LC COIN
Animations are fantastic but I can do without them, I would expect faster output from creators who don't have animations though.

okok42690

JRUploader
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 28, 2024
LC COIN
I feel like animation is a cheat code because you can make some really great stills that does the same as an animation, but that takes alot of skill, so its generally easier to just go with an animation. because expressing an action with a video is much easier than a still image. (obv animating is way harder than just drawing one image, but its easier to get a way with is what I'm trying to say)

kenny86

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 16, 2024
LC COIN
Good animations > Good stills > Bad animations.
Making good animations is hard and takes much longer, and if the artist doesn't go for the needed effort you get something terrible instead of good enough still

solarjohn

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 6, 2024
LC COIN
i would say Good animations > Good stills > Bad stills> Bad animations.
bad animations are goofy or a turn off

accobra427

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 16, 2023
LC COIN
i would say Good animations > Good stills > Bad stills> Bad animations.
bad animations are goofy or a turn off

Yes i´v would say the same, i´m just waiting for an AI generator to do animations as good as pictures

Back
Top Bottom