Animation or still images

baubau176

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 18, 2023
LC COIN
A still image is better than an animation at low frames, but for a modern game the animation is mandatory

Cunny_fucker69

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 5, 2023
LC COIN
Still images are better, no need to fry my cheap laptop and no need for devs to tire themself, if I recall Parental Love didnt have animation and it still was good
SSP was also good with animation ngl

Loco

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 6, 2023
LC COIN
I don't mind either, but I'd say this, if your game is gonna suffer more than it's gonna benefit from animations just go with stills.
And what I mean by that is that if you're a solo or don't have the best hardware, etc, progress could be too slow for them to be worth it, or for you to not burn out

bloodheart

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 20, 2023
LC COIN
Animations in my opinion should come when the main plot and gameplay of a game is finished. The animations are extra flavoring to be added and should not be the main focus otherwise games get stuck in development hell more often then not iv seen.

Moses

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 19, 2023
LC COIN
If you can do solid animations thats infinitely better than stills, but most cannot do good animation so i'd have to go for stills just in that regard, also if a creators using stills then realistically the updates should come faster since they have less work to do

Varrilete

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 27, 2023
LC COIN
Im old school, still images, for animations I just look a movie like the ones Desiresfm makes

ErmilokSs

Russian Comrade
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 18, 2022
LC COIN
It depends on game style. If it's drawn i prefer still images. If its 3d prefer good animated scenes.

larlarlar

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 25, 2023
LC COIN
Its very situational, and depends very much on the setting. If both are of the top quality i woudl preffere animations, but we rarely see top quality animations

gromag

Registered
LV

Aug 27, 2023
LC COIN
Animation ftw. Do you know any game where on top of animations there is also "sound effects" ?

Back
Top Bottom