Abandoned Games

eezergoode

Registered
Lewd
Aug 15, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Out of all of the games I have played that have been abandoned, My Sweet Neighbors by Pandelo is the one I most wish would make a comeback. Can't really explain why, nothing in particular that I can think of made it any better than the others, but for some odd reason I have to pop by the thread every couple of months to see if Pandelo had come back... In addition, I really would love to thee Kindred;: The Reburns get a surprise update.

Xia Liu Bei

Registered
Lewd
Sep 12, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
As a developer myself I think I can speak on this with some authority.

The biggest reason is many developers get into this with unrealistic expectations. They see how much the top developers earn and think with a little coding and a few renders they can earn this too. They don't understand how much work you have to put it into making a game. This leads to my second point.

Developers underestimate just how much time, money, and energy is required to develop games. Most of them don't have the work ethic or discipline to persist for very long.

Aside from these two major issues, you also have the issue of entitled pirates who shit all over a dev and their game. Not with constructive criticism, which devs would almost literally kill to receive, but rather just nasty scumbag human beings who vomit their filth and nastiness out on people from behind their shield of anonymity. There is nothing quite like hearing someone who stole your product shit all over you about how terrible your product is, how terrible you are, and then drop their demands about what you need to do differently in the future to satisfy them.

Reactions: 1 user

Xia Liu Bei

Registered
Lewd
Sep 12, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
1. A developer did not get the financial support (on the same Petreon) he had hoped for. The examples are legion.
2. The developer overestimated his strengths (especially his talent as a writer), writer's block is a common story. Such projects don't die immediately, the process can take years, but their end is the same.
3. Disagreements within the development team. Not often, but it happens.
4. A developer can simply die. This also happens.
Like Palmer. :'(

4rcan1st

The traveler has come
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Apr 7, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Strange nights is the best abandoned game, no contest... well, there is another one, but it must not be named. 😭

HuevosAzules

Professional Weirdo
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Apr 25, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 4
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Apartment 69
Gates Motel
Buried Desires
Corruption Time
Proud Father
Midlife Crisis

walld

Registered
Lewd
Dec 1, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
My dream is that all the content creators that find it hard to continue a game would come together and create a game engine that can help work on stories to lessen the stress and finish the games. I think the first game engine that can do that would make a fortune.

In the future, I imagine a personalized game engine that lets the user create the game story on the fly and generate the renders. I would pay for that engine.

SKABIO

Registered
Lewd
Jun 13, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
I think that the effort involved in creating a game and having incessant criticism because you cannot satisfy everyone leads to developer fatigue.

belube

Registered
Lewd
Jan 14, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Ecchi Sensei. I don’t really understand why it was abandoned. There was a point where it came back and then suddenly left to abandoned again. I quite liked the atmosphere of the whole game.

IFF01

Registered
Lewd
Jan 1, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Ecchi Sensei. I don’t really understand why it was abandoned. There was a point where it came back and then suddenly left to abandoned again. I quite liked the atmosphere of the whole game.
I agree I keep hoping it will come back, but am not holding my breath

Back
Top Bottom