Abandoned Games

seelie

Registered
Lewd
Jul 28, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
For me it makes no difference abandoned or not. unless thay have been abandoned early and left really short. Well... It might be a good idea to separate those

vinkelsier

Registered
Lewd
Jul 26, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
It's a New World out there got axed just as it was getting going
Detective Necro was so good. I'll miss Grasha
The Red Room had horse cock futa and a HEAVY focus on incest. What more could you ask for.
Gates Motel. Rip the mom's bush
Forbidden Desires, so many cuties
Sylvia as a real gem. Great 2d art

tecoteco

Registered
Lewd
Apr 24, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
In terms of completed games, I think My Sister My Roommate, Babysitter and Freeloading Family had disappointingly rushed endings to otherwise great games.

Corruption by Mr C was never going to be finished realistically given how he couldn't help introducing new characters all the time, but it was still sad when he stopped working on it.

Silrog22

Fox Girl Breeder
Staff member
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
Jul 2, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Prestige 4
And if that is the game you were asking about, why not just ask there vs. making a thread about it?

Reactions: 2 users

NarutoZzoR

Registered
Lewd
Aug 19, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Milfy city was so good before all the shenanigans. Also proud father gets a mention because of the unwanted abbandon

pepemolas

Registered
Lewd
Dec 7, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Sometimes I'm afraid to start watching a new title and support it until it has several versions for fear of starting a story that I like so much that then it breaks my heart to never know the outcome.

Reactions: 1 users

NateDawg59

Registered
Lewd
Feb 28, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Time, money, player bitching, underestimating the hardware, talent and patience it takes to make something worthy of going through the aforementioned things.

Reactions: 2 users

Gazon731

Registered
Lewd
Aug 8, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
This is simple. Because writing a good plot isn't as easy as it sounds, codding is annoying and doing bunch of renders/draw an art is very energy and time consuming. First few updates for a rookie dev is a learning curve, learning new things is enjoyable. And then the routine begins... If at this point dev has good support he likely becoming milker, otherwise abandon is very probable. Developing indie games is always a matter of willpower; it cannot be driven solely by enthusiasm.

Reactions: 3 users

pepemolas

Registered
Lewd
Dec 7, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Yes, I know the difficulties that each game entails and the effort it entails, but there are only a few developers who manage to give it stability. Let's hope that donations increase and this type of games that I have followed since the first games of this type continue to grow.

NateDawg59

Registered
Lewd
Feb 28, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
The next issue they have is when the donation platforms decide they don't like something and pull your game. I don't think a place like Itch even allows you to take donations anymore. God only knows what Patreon will do from one week to the next.

Reactions: 1 user

odisej

Registered
Lewd
Jul 8, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
Sometimes I'm afraid to start watching a new title and support it until it has several versions for fear of starting a story that I like so much that then it breaks my heart to never know the outcome.
Well, I personally think that in 90% of cases new developers see making VN as quick and easy way to get money not realizing that for every success story there are thousands of failed ones.
Even if money is not your primary concern and you do have good story to tell, there are other limiting factors that could prevent you from continuing development.
Like inexperience with programing and development process in general, long rendering times due to hardware limitations, real life problems you neglected while developing VN and many more.

Back
Top Bottom