Theme editor

Which game engine do you prefer?

  • Thread starter Thread starter K18
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 501
  • Views Views 21K
RenPy - VaM - Unity or RPGM?
i like renpy and rpgm since it is easier for an idiot like me to mod them. renpy just 1 file and rpgm i just put sdk on top. also good since i make it work on linux even if not originally shipped as such (common issue for rpgm, at least for me it been)
 
Renpy 100% i just got so used to it, but unity is pretty good too, depending on the dev
 
RPGM and unity currently, since they are easier to mod and translate, RenPy is a bit trickier. I really want someone to make an autotranslator for godot though as it seems promising but until then...
 
Most of the games I play are run off either RenPy or Unity but I don't mind play RPGM games every so often
 
RPGM because I like playing actual games, however, other engines probably have better/deeper stories since they do not focus on 'game' mechanics so much
 
Overall Renpy, html is good for something more simple and rpg maker depends a lot of the genre
 
RPGM has it's charming moments, but mostly i wanna not have to do a bunch of menuing and walking around when I play, so i gotta go with RenPY
 
Split between RPGM and unity depending on the type of game I'm feeling.
 
Renpy all the way, unless the dev spends some time with it, you can skip the grind in a lot of cases, or even extract your favourite images or videos.

I absolutely hate rpgmaker games, so much of it is just walking around the map, the few I have tried I always got lost, or forgot where I was going. If I want that experience I will go and use an emulator to play Pokémon
 
RPGM...for playing games...

Unity for modding....

renpy for everything else
 
I have it filtered for ONLY Renpy now.
 
Back
Top Bottom