What would a dev have to do in a new update to make you stop playing a really good game?

thatoneuser

Satan's Vandal Division
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 14, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Or the pregnancy leads to an immediate game over.

I'd love to see a game where the pregnancy leads to further incest down the road...
Amen. Gotta love those "dating sims" that allow you to have a harem but once you wife someone or make them pregnant the "story" ends. I completely agree, it's retarded. I can't stand games who tease pregnancy and then after getting pregnant you have no content..
I am inclined to agree with that since too many changes and it is no longer the game you fell in love with. other than that, i guess abandonment update? i guess technically finishing the game or VN would make me stop playing it once im finished? with only exception i can think of being a gameplay focused game such as freecities where i enjoy just playing around with it.
Yeah I don't like it when they decide to quickly roll up the story, i think most AVNs are open ending anyway since 95% of the important things is the relationship and how that develops. A fun backstory is cute but I honestly dont really care if its some fantasy game or RL settings with basic shit like schools. Characters is really where devs can piss me off (by making them retarded or changing them to be retarded).

Reactions: 1 user

conzibald

Always willing to put a bun in your oven
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 28, 2023
A kitchen as someone outside my door yelling
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Amen. Gotta love those "dating sims" that allow you to have a harem but once you wife someone or make them pregnant the "story" ends. I completely agree, it's retarded. I can't stand games who tease pregnancy and then after getting pregnant you have no content..
This, i approve wholeheartedly and i think one of the big factors why i really got attached to say lilith's throne, corruption of champions 1 or say free cities pregmod. while none of these are dating sims per se there is at least some effect of the pregnancy adding content. lilith's throne your children can show up as characters and you can befriend/help, enslave and breed em giving you more children. And in CoC some characters stories contain some pregnancy or point to it. while in free citites pregmod you can find ways to rapidly age them and then have your children be part of your stable of sex slaves. while none of these fall into the desire we share on the VN side it has been a good distraction plus those games have some good writing and decent to fun gameplay too.

• Heart

MattShizzle

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 25, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Removing good stuff or adding unavoidable (that means it has to be easily, COMPLETELY avoidable) futa or ntr.

tecoteco

Registered
LV

Apr 24, 2022
LC COIN

What would a dev have to do in a new update to make you stop playing a really good game?​

when a dev kills a Li, im out.
i hate "acting lessons" for that.
What was really bad in Acting Lessons is that it wasn't that sort of game, there was no sense of danger and the MC was encouraged to start a relationship with both women. A cheap trick deliberately done to upset and I won't play anything now by that developer.

By contrast, there is at least one death in Depraved Awakening but that game has a noir theme, you are aware that characters might be in danger and while the death hits hard it feels like the story has earned it.

Pen15Dan

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 29, 2023
LC COIN
Changing character ages and family relationships to Step-X to make the game safe for different platforms.

Vlbc

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 12, 2023
LC COIN
It's pretty hard to say about a specific update. But i hate when the dev postpone ad eternum to make a sex scene with one of the key characters.

So i wait for at least 3 or 4 updates. if there is no progress in the relationships, i just quit.

MattShizzle

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 25, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Changing character ages and family relationships to Step-X to make the game safe for different platforms.
Even step isn't safe on Patreon. So they make it "landlady" and "roommate" which makes it silly. "Oh my god what am I thinking? I can't have sex with my roommate!"

microwavesafe7

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 29, 2023
LC COIN
Just about anything in the "I'm not enjoying it anymore" camp. Tiny updates, refactoring code/story/etc without new content. Updates to allow Patreon. Almost anything honestly. I have a few I kept at a specific version but never bothered with the game again.

borregad

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 26, 2023
LC COIN
render old saves unusable so i have to restart when i'm already well in

Reactions: 1 users

thatoneuser

Satan's Vandal Division
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 14, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1

Sally69

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 26, 2024
LC COIN
Make it go realy bad or a direction i dont like that underminds the game i hawe played so far.

MementoMori

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 3, 2023
LC COIN
Let's just say that.. if a game used to be found in LC's restricted zone, but an update makes it .. ''suitable for Fuck95'' .. that's a pretty big indication that i'm no longer interested. :)

And in general, if over time the quality of the updates just goes down the drain; story gets lame, repetative or boring, or the scenes become cookie cutter. You can notice that the care is out of if basically.
Indeed. Taking the game to Fuck95 usually ruins the fun.

Solotime

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 22, 2023
LC COIN
Adding mass grinding you can skip if you pay. Just like EA Games do.

Uncle Loco

Game Developer
Prestige 1
Lewd
LV

May 19, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
One thing I hate is seeing a remastered or updating models or images in early chapters instead of adding new content. I am all for remasters, but wait until the game is completed please.

I hate the way things look in a few of the early chapters in my game but I won't remaster them until the game is finished if I do it at all.

Back
Top Bottom