What would a dev have to do in a new update to make you stop playing a really good game?

Gman851

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 21, 2022
LC COIN
It would have to be when the dev decides to say they will remake the game after a good amount of content was already in the game, only for the dev to not release the remake he said he was doing. Due to constant excuses. Then the dev says they will do updates to the game and when they release the game, they do new updates that some scenes only make sense when they dev would actually release the remade start of the game but they still have yet to. Oh and when they decided to cover the MC's head with a big ass black box. Anyone know what game I am on about?

Anon1990

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 10, 2022
LC COIN
A hard, high paywall and unliked tags that aren't avoidable.

ukalias

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 19, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Kill one of my favourite characters in an update would make me stop playing

illEndline

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 25, 2022
LC COIN
Well let's just say the game is finally getting spicier A Wife and Mother but the dev doesn't listen to his fans ,changed the model of the MC when the votes said not to

datarelay

Just nuking around
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

May 30, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Saria Reclaimed is a good example of that.
Developer was making a Karry's Prison like game set in mad max world, but then changed completely to a card battle vn.
It got destroyed immediately.

kenny86

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 16, 2024
LC COIN
Surprise addition of unavoidable content from fetishes I really dislike, like ntr,scat,ryona and futa, or paywalls

Traveller19

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 9, 2023
LC COIN
Going 180 on their original concept idea. Devs these day have to be as clear as possible what is it they are trying to make for foreseeable future. For an example: Many people don't remember seeds of chaos game and their site (before they went on patreon) back in 2016 I believe, they indicated a good harem game (somewhat fulfilled though not even close what was originally stated), ntr was never mentioned in a big way or at all, breeding mechanic was promised in a big way (not delivered and most likely never will), and the worst for me, the red guy became in my opinion as to what our mc should be. All of the aforementioned wasn't helped that updates are slow and underwhelming. So in short, just deliver what you said in the beginning and only expand on it whilst communicating with players.

algizteiwaz

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 2, 2022
LC COIN
rerender the game, kill the story, change what the game is, cut out most content to hide it behind a paywall when it wasn't that way to begin with

Reactions: 1 user

accobra427

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 16, 2023
LC COIN
to kill somebody of or lets say that the game was all love and dovey and then you like rape a person it´s a big turn off for me

irluan

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 6, 2024
LC COIN
Most commonly i'd say to go for endless remakes (goddamn Lust and Power is such a example of this).
I don't tend to see paywalls or endless grind added mid development, those usually are present from the start but it could cause me to drop the game if it was ever added.

crimx42

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 27, 2022
LC COIN
Add N... Eh I guess people already said this

Uh... Get super lazy with the script and images?

Bobbles72

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 8, 2023
LC COIN

What would a dev have to do in a new update to make you stop playing a really good game?​

when a dev kills a Li, im out.
i hate "acting lessons" for that.
I appreciate the heads up on this one. Haven't played it but have heard it come up a few times but now I know to ignore.

Olegrump

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 13, 2023
LC COIN
Worst thing with pregnancy is that a lot of games once you do finally knock someone up only include a few scenes at best. I'll tip my hat to you fellow preggo enjoyer.
Or the pregnancy leads to an immediate game over.

I'd love to see a game where the pregnancy leads to further incest down the road...

uncbuck

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 8, 2024
LC COIN
The introduction of a pay wall is an instant forever ignore for me

gertbert11

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 16, 2023
LC COIN
Insert things that don't make sense and destroy the story. Demand a high payment and drag out the game.

sertw4

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 27, 2023
LC COIN
Adding forced content I don't like.
Adding a grind element that makes it hard to get through.
Rewriting the game from scratch and making it worse.
Removing story/tag elements that are key to why I chose to play it in the first place.

conzibald

Always willing to put a bun in your oven
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 28, 2023
A kitchen as someone outside my door yelling
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
For me it would be removing old content that was "canon" previously. Same with changing models too many times, I've had it in games where the "new" model looked worse and that really sucks if that's the girl/woman you like the most. I also really do not like that suddenly a choice you made 3 chapters ago is NOW coming into play but was not alluded to. Maybe another one would be if the dev all of a sudden starts rolling really miniscule updates, but that's probably just PTSD from all the devs going on hiatus after their game becomes popular enough.. What do you guys think?
I am inclined to agree with that since too many changes and it is no longer the game you fell in love with. other than that, i guess abandonment update? i guess technically finishing the game or VN would make me stop playing it once im finished? with only exception i can think of being a gameplay focused game such as freecities where i enjoy just playing around with it.

Back
Top Bottom