What would a dev have to do in a new update to make you stop playing a really good game?

thatoneuser

Satan's Vandal Division
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 14, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
For me it would be removing old content that was "canon" previously. Same with changing models too many times, I've had it in games where the "new" model looked worse and that really sucks if that's the girl/woman you like the most. I also really do not like that suddenly a choice you made 3 chapters ago is NOW coming into play but was not alluded to. Maybe another one would be if the dev all of a sudden starts rolling really miniscule updates, but that's probably just PTSD from all the devs going on hiatus after their game becomes popular enough.. What do you guys think?

Reactions: 6 users

EraChanZ

True Connoisseur
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 17, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Let's just say that.. if a game used to be found in LC's restricted zone, but an update makes it .. ''suitable for Fuck95'' .. that's a pretty big indication that i'm no longer interested. :)

And in general, if over time the quality of the updates just goes down the drain; story gets lame, repetative or boring, or the scenes become cookie cutter. You can notice that the care is out of if basically.

Reactions: 11 users

Guz89

Messenger Of The Overlord
Staff member
Trial Moderator
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 26, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Changing a character's body, age, or whatever to be more "popular" means that the dev will do everything for money and doesn't care for the game. Oh, and, of course, unavoidable NTR that was not even in the planned tags before.

Reactions: 4 users

albertpatrick

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 12, 2022
LC COIN
Lots of things, really. Basically anything that would make it feel like it's a different game. Whenever that happens, 99% of the time the newly updated game isn't one I want to play.

Reactions: 1 users

maestromancer

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 2, 2023
LC COIN
The only game that I was really into for a bit and then dropped instantly was Red Room. It was a pretty good time for a while and then they had a couple of extremely graphic scenes where you are forced to watch some girls you'd hooked up with get mutilated in front of you. Nothing up until that point in game had suggested that it was going anywhere near that kind of brutality and I noped out immediately.

Reactions: 1 user

Irruga

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 10, 2023
LC COIN
Changing a character's body, age, or whatever to be more "popular" means that the dev will do everything for money and doesn't care for the game. Oh, and, of course, unavoidable NTR that was not even in the planned tags before.
That's the main reason for me too. If they change everything too much and it's not because of a time skip or anything like that (or like an "adulting potion" in like fantasy genre) it's for me the end of playing that game again, because the dev chose to make a game with this kind of models and then changing them, mostly without giving any meaningful reasons, it's really a no-go for me

Reactions: 3 users

Satsujin

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 25, 2023
LC COIN
There´s many reasons to drop a good game but one that i can think right now is removing content whitout a good reason.

Steelers1701

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 10, 2022
LC COIN
Changing the game direction so that all choices you made previously becomes completely useless and you are forced to follow the dev's path.

jetstrike1

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 21, 2023
LC COIN
Unavoidable content and late game changes to suit the masses for me tbh.

momothemonster

the creature whom lurks
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 7, 2024
LC COIN
take the game that was 90+% complete and worked flawless with the engine it was written for and take it back to 1% in another engine that doesn't work for the said game. irl example: i seen a dev that had his game almost finished in renpy for a vn and turned it into a long walking simulator with basically only the introduction back in the game in order to basically milk his donor's. worse yet he abandoned that release and switched to tyrano because he didn't think it worked well in rpgmaker(ya think). he also deleted some of the better scenes because patreon didn't like em.

Reactions: 2 users

Peter S

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 15, 2022
LC COIN
I'd think that, if a dev decide to not include a tag that he said he would include, I'd stop playing. I'm a huge fan of pregnancies, but if I learn that a game that was supposed to include pregnancy won't have it, no matter how good the game was, I think I'd stop it

thatoneuser

Satan's Vandal Division
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 14, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I'd think that, if a dev decide to not include a tag that he said he would include, I'd stop playing. I'm a huge fan of pregnancies, but if I learn that a game that was supposed to include pregnancy won't have it, no matter how good the game was, I think I'd stop it
Worst thing with pregnancy is that a lot of games once you do finally knock someone up only include a few scenes at best. I'll tip my hat to you fellow preggo enjoyer.

wnminoru

🥱
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 25, 2022
LC COIN
Edge you with a character just to make it not a love interest in future updates 😭🙏

katzenstreu

Fitze, fitze, fatze. ♫♪♫
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 27, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1

What would a dev have to do in a new update to make you stop playing a really good game?​

when a dev kills a Li, im out.
i hate "acting lessons" for that.

DarkSeraph

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 29, 2024
LC COIN
Add real-world politics to the game, even just for jokes and references- like, Summertime Saga had good potential but once I learned they added caricatures of Trump and Hilary i dropped it like a hot potato, no way I'm playing anything with those hideous monsters in it while i probably have my dick out

Other than that, generic stuff like NTR/swinging that wasn't alluded to on the download pages or early updates, rape/violence, etc.

fyl3toys

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 20, 2022
LC COIN
Adding more characters to the game. I dont need more LI just give me more story. Or stop stalling and get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom