What game engine do you prefer adult games to use?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1963
  • Start date
  • Replies 470
  • Views 5K

delphi-hime

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 2, 2023
LC COIN
I have a bit of a soft spot for rpgmaker games... i've just seen so many amateur devs put out such cute little projects with rpgmaker, it makes me happy when i find something tiny and special that somebody clearly was really excited to make! i mean, other engines have that too... so i guess it's just a personal preference

Reactions: 1 user

BoneyM

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 10, 2022
LC COIN
Yah, I've seen Ren'Py used to do most things that the few other engines I've seen have been used to do. And, I can just unpack the code when there's a bug, which I like :p

I'm guessing some of the other ones have more framework already in place to get things like that done but, as a result, it seems they also tend to be more prone to bugs... Like, there are lots of Ren'Py games with big game-breaking bugs, but there are barely any RPGM games that don't have them.

Reactions: 1 users

azertax

Ugandan Chungus
Prestige 1
Registered
LV

Apr 2, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Renpy.
Many Unity games have cumbersome gameplay and no skip option.
If the game is RPGM the tags and previews must be 9/10 in order for me to decide to give it a try.

Reactions: 1 users

Motoko

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 19, 2023
LC COIN
Ren'Py , I now dabble in 3D games sometimes as well that use Unreal or Unity. I avoid RPGM like the plague.

quackk

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 19, 2024
LC COIN
I have a bit of a soft spot for rpgmaker games... i've just seen so many amateur devs put out such cute little projects with rpgmaker, it makes me happy when i find something tiny and special that somebody clearly was really excited to make! i mean, other engines have that too... so i guess it's just a personal preference
My problem with rpgmaker is that quite a bit of them don't have mouse support, while the vast majority require an audio "fix" to not drive me up a wall
1) take an empty clip
2) copy and rename it to all the "majestic" sound effects that have to go (usually in the se folder
3) enjoy the silence whenever you open a door >_>
you can't put the lewd sounds on the same channel as CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK

stafeild

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 10, 2023
LC COIN
Only renpy, i ignore everything else. For renders either daz or hs2, preferably with well rendered wet skin.

delphi-hime

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 2, 2023
LC COIN
My problem with rpgmaker is that quite a bit of them don't have mouse support, while the vast majority require an audio "fix" to not drive me up a wall
1) take an empty clip
2) copy and rename it to all the "majestic" sound effects that have to go (usually in the se folder
3) enjoy the silence whenever you open a door >_>
you can't put the lewd sounds on the same channel as CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK
eheh yeah that's fair!! the sound design is usually... not stellar.

SithLord

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 29, 2024
LC COIN
I like renpy because that's where most of the games are playable in android, I also like unity, however it sucks that a lot of unity games are not ported to android :(

Cyrianu

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 7, 2024
LC COIN
Definitely prefer Ren'Py. Most of the games I've played in it just feel more polished. Unity looks good, but updates seem to be slower and sometimes things just don't play right. RPG Maker can be good, but it depends on the effort put in and sometimes it feels like they are more buggy. Twine isn't a bad platform either.

AnyNameYouWish

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 6, 2023
LC COIN
Funnily enough, my favourite engine isn't an engine at all. I like HTML games the best. Ren'Py's great, and I don't have any problems with it, but I prefer the freedom associated with HTML, since you're basically building the game from the ground up along with the UI and core systems. Twine makes it accessible, but it's not necessary. It's an intuitive enough language to pick up (even the CSS and Javascript, if you're willing to put the time in) and pays dividends on the other side.

sweepyy

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 8, 2023
LC COIN
Renpy for sure, is the best out there. Unity is pretty nice but has many drawbacks. RPGM games are.. meh; not a fan.

Back
Top Bottom