The Coin-Hustlers University

  • Thread starter Thread starter LC Curator
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 140K
People been mad at Dev's for making games 'Sandbox' due to the grind -- turns out the grinding was just grinding training.

Grindception

i dont really get the hate behind sandbox games i love them while VNs on the other hand i dont really get the appeal behind those
 
Last edited:
i dont really get the hate behind sandbox games, i love them while VNs on the other hand i dont really get the appeal behind those

I can see it both ways -- but 'sandbox' is so generic of a term, some Dev's definitely go extreme with it.

Some of my favorite games are Sandbox games that I didn't mind the 'grind' on -- Midnight Paradise -- A Family Venture -- Shattered Minds -- and of course Milfy City

Some examples of sandbox games that were just loaded with so much content -- and the big thing for me for sandbox is the 'repeatable' scenes being worthwhile of actually repeating after unlocking.

But, there are sandbox games out there that take 10 hours to unlock one teasing scene and then half the time it's not even repeatable lol -- and then even worse, 90% of those games stop getting updates right before you unlock any actual full lewd scenes that aren't just teasing (ie; most bad bobby games lol) so I think that automatically becomes a big red flag for a lot of people.
 
I think sandbox and VNs each have their own appeal and I actively play both. Since VNs don’t have anything besides a story, they focus there to try and make it good. Sandbox has a lot more open ability so the dev might spend less time on story. I think there are too many sandbox games where the story is copy and pasted so people get annoyed with that. In my opinion, a well made sandbox is better than a well made VN, but a poorly made sandbox is worse than a poorly made VN
 
I think sandbox and VNs each have their own appeal and I actively play both. Since VNs don’t have anything besides a story, they focus there to try and make it good. Sandbox has a lot more open ability so the dev might spend less time on story. I think there are too many sandbox games where the story is copy and pasted so people get annoyed with that. In my opinion, a well made sandbox is better than a well made VN, but a poorly made sandbox is worse than a poorly made VN

I dunno man, I cant really get into VNs its kinda boring to click through lines of text and make the occasional choice once in awhile. Yeah the story might be good but I would take a poorly made sandbox over that cause atleast theres some gameplay in it
 
Back
Top Bottom