Theme editor

4.45 star(s) 11 reviews
Notice
Updated due to the game being leak elsewhere.
Wish the dev would get this going - so good - daughters are beautiful and their characters are well developed... great story going overall... come on man!
 
5 weeks to go till its gets tagged
 
art drawing GIF
Not likely. When he started, we'd get a sizeable update every 9 months or so, which isn't bad for renders of the quality, bu the last update was the shortest and took the longest of any to make, except for, apparently, chapter 8.... He tried his "update status chart" to hang onto subs which obviously was just that, a way to make people think that they'd be in the know on where updates stand., but the realism of that showed it's truth early on. I don't know wha to say at this point. I just know that the last update was not worth the amount of time we waited on it and if it's anm indicator of things to come, Radiant will never be ompleted. .
 
marked as abandoned on every other site along with the devs other game

1786429310206.png

1786429326880.png

1786429391722.png
 
 
giphy.gif


I won't beat around the bush for this one: I'm sorry for getting everyone excited by announcing testing and then not being able to finish it. There's not much I can say other than I have been routinely dealing with IRL issues, and every time I've believed, "okay... I'm finally back to the grind and things are back to normal," something comes out of nowhere to derail everything like getting hit with a freight train.

The freight train being: posting BS on Twitter non-stop
 
I swear SirD knows a few mods on Cuck95. That thread gets scrubbed daily of any comments mocking him.
Wouldn't surprise me if that were the case, most of the Staff there are toxic af ( but so is their community lol ) and power abuse.
 
  • 677 paid members
  • 273 posts
  • $3,562/month

    milks like a fucking milker & doesn't suck any F95 mod dick
1786454127018.png
 
He expects us to pay to read the full excuse, while he is shitposting on Twitter daily? There are also people still giving him $10 or $20 per month for monthly wallpapers, which he last posted May 5.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0818.jpeg
    IMG_0818.jpeg
    445.8 KB · Views: 33
Full latest post from the dev:
"Not abandoned + why the holdup?

I won't beat around the bush for this one: I'm sorry for getting everyone excited by announcing testing and then not being able to finish it. There's not much I can say other than I have been routinely dealing with IRL issues, and every time I've believed, "okay... I'm finally back to the grind and things are back to normal," something comes out of nowhere to derail everything like getting hit with a freight train.

Rather than inflating this post with personal details, I believe this is what matters:

• No, the game is not abandoned. I've said numerous times that I would rather die than abandon this project and while it sounds like banter, I've always actually meant that. Radiant is everything to me, you guys are everything to me. Beyond Radiant and this community I have very little that provides me fulfillment in life, I've lost everyone and everything I've ever cared about in the last six years. Now... every year or two... I'm hit by the weight of that, and all I have to look forward to is you guys and the joy/satisfaction that creative work brings me.

• Yes, testing is all that remains of Chapter 8 and yes, I'm working on that. Testing is normally a few days or a 1-2 week process at most for Radiant. Sometimes it can take longer than that due to schedule conflicts between myself and Alorth, personal issues, etc. but I never imagined it taking months: otherwise I wouldn't have announced it and got everyone's hopes up. Unfortunately, after I started testing the chapter I was once again faced with some rather serious personal matters that occupied most of my time, slowing the process to a near halt. However, I have resolved those matters.

• I'll give a very safe estimate and say that Radiant Chapter 8 will be in your hands in about two weeks, give or take. If I need an extra day or two, I'll let you guys know immediately.

• We haven't forgotten about your wallpapers, and in fact I'm going to be doing a big wallpaper drop that comes with the ones we missed + a few extras to make up for the lateness. Right now, however, our priority is obviously finishing up Chapter 8 and getting that to you, not wallpapers... so it will be a little longer. However, you can expect the late wallpapers + the extras to drop shortly after Chapter 8's release.

What about after all of this is said and done?

Well, things obviously can't keep going on like this. It's not your guys' fault that I've been dealing with personal issues, nor should it be your problem. If I was working a normal job, I'd have already been fired. I can be a bit naive and overly optimistic but this fact is not lost on me, and I feel like shit because of it. However, this is a special circumstance, as I am Radiant's writer and director, and without said writing and direction, it would be a very different game. You guys have been more than patient and I fucking love you for that, and I'm not just going to keep letting you guys down.

So with that said... an announcement: I am seeking a part time writer for the project. Someone who can follow instructions, closely mimic/replicate my writing style, who is willing to undergo an indefinite trial period... and most importantly someone who is well familiar with Radiant, preferably a fan, who understands the ins and outs of the game such as its choice system. If you'd like to apply, please reach out to me directly on Discord (username: sirdammed). You will be able to DM me directly if you're a member of the RK Studios Discord server. I will also be posting external advertisements for this, so if there's no one here who's up to the task, do not worry. I'll find someone.

Once I've gotten someone trained up and ready to work on the project, I will be able to significantly speed up the process of releasing chapters, and we can finally get on a consistent schedule that isn't dependent on my own personal issues and schedule. And by the way: do not worry. I would never compromise on the quality of Radiant's story. If someone isn't up to snuff and can't provide the same level of quality that you're used to from the game's writing, then I simply won't be able to hire them. This of course means that it may take a while to find someone, but it will be worth it in the long run. This process also will not interfere with my work on Chapter 9.

I love you guys and sorry for the extremely annoying and grueling wait."
 
The nerves of this guy, unbelieveable. :ROFLMAO:
I honestly can't imagine a time working with him, like at all.

Edit: Funny, have been reading a couple comments on 95 since the Thread been unlocked again and some say that it isn't a coincidence him posting a Explanation
and saying that it isn't abandoned, just a couple weeks after the Thread has been locked and got the abandoned tag.
 
Last edited:
Is he looking for someone to replace him, or someone who will work for him, and he will continue to receive money? :unsure:
 
I am seeking a part time writer for the project. Someone who can follow instructions, closely mimic/replicate my writing style, who is willing to undergo an indefinite trial period... and most importantly someone who is well familiar with Radiant, preferably a fan
Shameless MF making that much money and looking for a free employee amidst the people that already pay him way too much for no reason. The sheer audacity is disgusting.
 
Quite an expected outcome. There have been discussions about this for at least two years. The pessimists were right.
 
Shameless MF making that much money and looking for a free employee amidst the people that already pay him way too much for no reason. The sheer audacity is disgusting.
I didn't see anything about the expectation of hiring a part-time writer for free...
 
It's too funny, it winds up in the round file and all-of-a-sudden... I't coming....Is this like an edging competition for game releases, or what? A couple weeks, AGAIN......Time will tell and hell knows we've all spent a LOT of that waiting on the chapter that won't take as long as the last one. . .Then, looking for a helper, to essentially, do half the job he gets paid to do? What does the helper get? A reacharound with a sandpaper mitt while they get their back door kicked in by an orc? At this point, I have given up on any honst or realistic timeline being presented. I was at that point after the entire year, though...
 
Ryan is clearly addicted to Twitter and video games. When looking at his Twitter engagement stats, those long political or gaming rants aren’t even a thousandth of a fraction of what is needed to get revenue from the platform. He pays Elon for that blue checkmark, while he could have a good income stream on Paterson with consistent Radiant updates. I also understand burnout, so that’s where transparency would help. One of his recent hospitalizations was supposedly and allergy attack, which could be stress from all the useless Twitter arguments. If he is dealing with personal loss, getting into social media fights is not a good form of therapy. Again, if this game were garbage, I could care less, but it is one of the best AVNs ever made catering to love, lust, dark preferences or a mix of them, while also offering a good range of LI age options. The writing is deep too. I wish him the best, but I’m not holding my breath.
 
Back
Top Bottom