NTR tags rework. Please give your opinions (in a mature, calm, constructive manner).

Which of the options in this thread do you think would be the most helpful?

• 1: Break NTR up into its 3 main categories based on the Japanese words used for them.

Votes: 35 54.7%
  • 2: Keep NTR for just Netorare and use other (English labelled) tags for the other stuff...

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • 3: Other (reply to OP and post your other suggestion)

Votes: 6 9.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrift411

Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
Apr 24, 2022
LC COIN
Funny you say this same thing to me, I have tagged games in vndb for longer than you may have moderated a site and I can tell you that seeing a li getting banged by some other guy you are "technically" cucking the player because the LI's (love interest) exist in visual novels for the players / mcs to romance them per see watching them with others is the same as watching your wife/gf or whatever fuck.
The problem here is not that you are right or wrong, it is that you demand to use the wrong words to describe your opinion. You are so caught up on the word that you refuse to see that I have basically the same opinions as you about the content. I just see that the reason these fights keep going on is because a certain group cares more about the word than the content itself.

Anti NTR people get into so many arguments on so many sites about "THIS IS CUCK SHIT" and "THIS IS NTR" and they almost always end with "you are wrong" > deleted > banned. If you would just CHANGE THE WORDS YOU USE to describe this shit and use ACCURATE WORDS that dont have "technically" loopholes, you guys could win some of these arguments. But like I said, from all appearances, you dont actually care about the content itself, you are just obsessed with the words.

I cant think of a better way to explain it. I want that type of content to be avoidable, which if you dislike it, should be the same thing you want. But if that were true, you would spend more time fighting against the content and less time fighting for your wording. You are purposely bringing a nerf bat to a gun fight and losing when a gun is being offered to you, but you REALLY like your nerf bat.

You remind me of politicians and the gun battle. One side wants guns gone, and one side wants everyone to have guns. The "guns gone" people say it is to make people safe and avoid stuff like school shootings. Neither side will budge. Its "guns gone" or "guns for everyone". But if those sides would MEET IN THE MIDDLE, and get off of their "MY WAY OR NO WAY" shit, we could have some actual changes made that both sides could probably live with.

And, as if it matters, I have been "moderating" a site for around 20 years. Not this site, but many many other sites.

But like I stated, this no longer matters. You guys now have the neto* tags and those will get put into place over time.

U

User_9060

Unconfirmed
it is that you demand to use the wrong words to describe your opinion
Don't you see that you are basically doing that?
You say my opinion is wrong about the tags, so yours are right?
Then should I be entitled to say you are wrong because I did tag games for 4 years in vndb?
This works both ways.

also you say this is your version: -->

My version of NTR since apparently we all just make up our own now:
  • Any male having any kind of sexual interactions with MC's girl(s) for any reason
Should not Li's be considered your "girls":unsure:
Because you only consider this after they become the gf or wife.... and that is far-fetched, to say the least.

The LI's in games exist for the mc to romance / fuck them, they exist for the players/mc, it is pretty simple.

Reactions: 1 user

Darkrift411

Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
Apr 24, 2022
LC COIN
Don't you see that you are basically doing that?
You say my opinion is wrong about the tags, so yours are right?
Then should I be entitled to say you are wrong because I did tag games for 4 years in vndb?
This works both ways.
Yup. You are right and I am wrong. Sorry about all of that. See you later.

U

User_9060

Unconfirmed
Yup. You are right and I am wrong. Sorry about all of that. See you later.
Did try to explain you many times that you only consider the mc as another npc or something, vns are not vids, you as the player control their actions, who they fuck and romance.
It is not the same thing and they are grouped together, both mc and players are the same things unless you don't have any say and are just a mere spectator.

Is not about wrong or right, is about understanding the concept of why they tag hentai, books, comics etc differently than they do visual novels.

That most games allow you to put your name in them should tell you that much.
But I think it is pointless to argue on this further.

SeveredRealms

Nobody Knows
Staff member
Head-Mod
Game Developer
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Lewd
Apr 23, 2022
Website
subscribestar.adult
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I am formally inviting you to the moderation team Djkunn. With your help we can make sure games have the proper tags and it would be a load of the other on the team that can deal with users like I have been when I catch them being stupid.

• Haha
U

User_9060

Unconfirmed
I am formally inviting you to the moderation team Djkunn. With your help we can make sure games have the proper tags and it would be a load of the other on the team that can deal with users like I have been when I catch them being stupid.
I dislike power, you know it and also little time.

I prefer to just lurk, maybe will make a thread list but will see and wait how this goes before deciding.(y)

Darkrift411

Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
Apr 24, 2022
LC COIN
Since this is not getting anywhere and the decision has been made I am going to lock this thread. If anyone has constructive information to provide to me, feel free to DM it to me.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom