Is incest tag too broad? Daughter tag?

renevatia

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 20, 2023
LC COIN
It's not to broad imo, though good devs clarify most in the description most of the time. But tags like inseki would be easily recognisable. Though its like the NTR tag(netorare, netori and all that, if the dev explain what type of NTR it is their using)
As long as devs / poster gives a good description of assumed relationships I think just the incest tag will do for me atleast.

Reactions: 1 user

Whazzup

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 19, 2023
LC COIN
I completely agree that it could be split up. If it happens, I would also like to see more focussed tag when it comes to piss. Currently as far as I can see we only have watersports, but that also includes games where you can simply see someone pissing in the toilet and nothing else. It would be nice if we at least have a split between simple peeing and piss drinking, and if we want to be even more specific, maybe even include golden shower.

Crisis33

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 24, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I dont think its needed. theres already a metric crap ton of tags as it is. you can easily tell what kind of incest there will be by reading the synopsis the majority of the time.

Iamjustleeching

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 10, 2023
LC COIN
Splitting the incest tag up a bit might be kinda nice, people do generally have a preference. Never enough Daughter games though, step it up devs!

Reactions: 2 users

albertangelo

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 29, 2023
LC COIN
by subtags do you mean a new section in the searches? that might be a bit tedious for the site, but I get what you mean!

I was thinking a prefix and suffixes ... "incest: dad-daughter" or "incest: brother-sister" or whatever.

Lort

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 8, 2023
LC COIN
I don't think that there are enough games with specific relationships like only dad and daughter or mother and son, brother and sister to justify breaking down the incest tag, not that it would not be nice to have a very specific tag for what you want but then you will also have to have the incest tag on top of it and in other cases where tags have been broken down to become more specific generally they end up forgetting to put the broader tag and people end up missing the content, and i am not talking about this site, i am talking about another where that happened with doujinshi. So, in conclusion, it is good but it may have consequences, it is like the NTR tag case, if they break it down they will still have to add the NTR tag or people may miss the content

Dankest

Registered
LV

Dec 27, 2022
LC COIN
I'm sure people have different preferences within this category, and the purpose of tags is to enable searches and filtering, right? That seems to me to imply that such tags could be a useful thing to have.

To me, the ideal system would be sub-tagging. This would allow you to tag something as "Incest" and be done, if you like. That would default to "Incest: Unspecified". But you could also add the related subtag(s), if desired. Then people could search/filter at least to the extent that the data is complete.

Then, as a viewer, you could also search/view/filter only only by the main tags, or you could use the more specific sub-tags. You'd want good rules regarding the default applied subtags and search/filter interactions, but it could very easily be all the benefits of both systems depending purely on user choice. While browsing you can see the more condensed information of only the main tags, but if you look into them farther or are performing a search you can also make use of the sub-tags to get more specific with your preferences.

The same system could be useful for all sorts of tags, too, not just this one - the NTR discussion would be a good application, the urination someone mentioned above, etc.

ErzuzB

Former LCC Billionaire
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 8, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Having all kinds of incest combinations would be kinda much.
You'd need Father-Daughter, Father-Son, Mother-Son, Mother-Daugther, Brother-Sister, Brother-Brother, Sister-Sister, Uncle-Niece, Uncle-Nephew and so on...
I think just every character on its own, like hentai sites do it, would be enough if one want to get more detailed.

• Thumbs Down
Reactions: 1 users

escanor9

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 11, 2023
LC COIN
It's a nice tag for a large category but having sub tags for it would be nice to break thing downs further for people looking for specific things,
For me Incest is usually a nice addon tag that I enjoy but not one I seek out.

AlienPls3

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 19, 2022
LC COIN
At times it can definitely be too broad, like I've seen a game that had incest tag, where the incest was only once between someone else' mother and daughter.

R51093

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 25, 2023
LC COIN
I think it makes sense to segment it like this: dad and daughter, mom and son, brother sister
if you do that you would also need Daughter X Mother, Father X Son, Bro X Bro, and Sis X Sis

renee188

Registered
LV

Jun 16, 2023
LC COIN
I enjoy specific tags, but I also feel like the incest tag has it's own benefits. Also what I've seen on many image hosting sites, is that, well, TAGGING IS HARD APPARENTLY.

R51093

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 25, 2023
LC COIN
And........then you get hit with stepcest. :LOL:
i hate that crap to be honest Step Daughter/Son and Step Sibling's is not incest they like to sit there and put incest in the tags then in synaps Daughter/Son or Sibling's reunite after X years only for them to convenetly throw in the game/VN that they are Step Daughter/Son or Step Sibling's that crap irks me

Reactions: 1 users

Scootaloo

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 24, 2024
LC COIN
Just to play devils advocate here; should we also have tags for aunt, uncle, grandmother, grandfather, cousin, etc? I think incest tag is nice and rounded, just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom