We ask for your help!

h3n741.g33k

Registered
Lewd
Sep 23, 2023
LC COIN
Tips for site funding;

If monthly site maintenance depends upon 500-3000$ a month, setting up of a commercial financing plan of some kind is fairly advisable. Sametime, requiring paywalls and membership dues is not exactly ideal of such solutions.

While commercial endeavors also pose semi doxxing risk, there are someways around this, we'll get into that later for now, demonstrating options is at the forefront.

First option, sponsorship. If you can find commercial corporate backers, they can finance you a set monthly/annual amount under sponsorship subcontracting. This is a neat way of obtaining regular commercial income in a semi private manner. Cons are, sponsorships entail ToS contracts and those entail "clauses" of what you will/could do for your sponsor to which you are expected to uphold.

Next up, print media merchandising. This doesn't have to be directly under the corporate banner. It can be through anon artists or named artists that transfer a portion or all profits privately/anonymously. Cons, print to order sites such as red bubble, deviant art, and others, can take as much as 98% of returns as "royaltees+fees" on a per product/per order basis. As such, your per product return on print to order merch only provides a few cents per sale if that unless you add on extreme mark up to each product.

As alternative to print to order merch, you could develop your own merch in house. Screen printing is actually pretty insanely easy and compared to most "product manufacturing" options, is insanely cheap in sourcing the raw material resources. If you have access to a lazer jet printer and some acrylic gloss nail polish, then you can make your own screen print filters. Screen print assembly is just a bunch of wooden frames that hold screens which are "patterned" using acrylic gloss to prevent "ink/acrylic paint" from going through the screen. Ts are cheap AF so the bulk of your cost in this endeavor is simply acrylic paint and printer ink. Distrobution can be either webstore, BBS order form or even private mailing list catalogue system.

Design your own Fumos/plushies. Felt/fleece is cheap, poly fill is cheap. Combine the two, and with some fairly simple pattern references/programs, you can design and manufacture your own small plushie dolls for webstore/bbs/catalogue distrobution. Fumos can go for by artist declared MSRP initial price of 150.00$ to 800.00$+ per product. These things cost less than 20$ to make +/- the hours used to mass produce/limited run manufacture it. If a plushie costs 60$ MSRP to buyer, is made with 10-30$ in materials and takes only 8 hours per unit to produce, disregarding work hours this is a 50-30$ return per unit. Hours gets complicated as in theory you can have artisens produce several per day each, or contract a team to produce an order run, and pay them by flat rate upfront gig fee. So figuring out the wage hours math depends on method of production especially after factoring outsourcing of manufactufing to Asia which can be as cheap as 5-10 cents USD per employee, per day, if your ethics are "flexible" enough for it.

Custom order daki prints. Cuddly Octopus is one of the "legit" western daki makers, and they condone/support loli/shota artists. By contrast diipoo is a western "bootleg" site that, although unique in being able to produce custom oppai mousepads.... Diipoo is outsourced to asia on manufacturing, offers crap return rates, and is not above copying indie artists' works and re-releasing them under a shell name to which they retain 100% of the return from. And doing the pirate copy as "prioritized" release of that media over the original artists in webstore platform browsing. Worse since they are "bootleg" there is issue to whether the inks and materials they use are properly non-toxic/hypoallergenic.

TLDR short, if print to order custom daki prints are a goal, particularly with smolls waifus/husbandos, Cuddly Octopus is the resource you want to work with unless you are to print your own. The rest are either new/startups or bootlegs far as western co's are concerned.

As a website ISP, you can for profit offer coverage of services to developers. You already take a % of profits on forum, but also you can charge advertising servicing packages. Getting paid to feature content on site and to campaign that content through social media/advert networking.

This does get into ethically "grey areas" particularly with "paid vs free" artist coverage in network. "Grey area" being that if chosen/done poorly, the indies that pay for servicing get priority coverage and listing while "freemium devs" get the "backpage" treatment. So, it is worth doing the research to figure best ways to conduct such platform services.

You can offer tiered membership plans with both tiers of free forum membership, and levels of paid forum membership. To do this "ethically sound" in method, paid levels could include extra percs. Newsletters about game reviews and platform tech articles. Dev kit and tool support and advice for paid members. A design school style course curriculum offered to paying dev members. etc...

The idea is that the subscription cost, in part helps to establish the overhead required to offer the design diy 101 and extra content. That apart from site maintenance, the cost covers the provision of "in house only" access resources which can aid users in dev and or collection of their own media.

You can commission artists/acting talent to produce content for the site, using the media for financing option. Particularly with ASMR JOI content but really any adult art media production will work. I mention ASMR JOI content as, if you have staff or people, and those have microphones and can read a script--> you can create media which can be end user priced at on average $3.50 to $35.00 USD per media project.

The indie artists would need a % cut obviously but point is you can directly commission media production by offering the solution of indie artist network & advert platforming alone. As to royaltees, as said RB & Dev Art, these take typically 80-98% royaltees/fees per product per platform. If your offer is better, you instantly have pool of several dozen million indies whom do not have access to that "nice" a deal on the artist's end. Especially considering how other networks censor content while you allow stuff most do not.

I could keep going all day on many different vectors/approaches but feel this is enough of an example for now. Reply or DM me if you have questions or want to further the discussion in new directions.

• Thinking
Reactions: 1 user

beertech

Registered
Lewd
Nov 10, 2023
LC COIN
is there a way to have the tag search tool a little better? i was in "latest updates" and could not find a tool to help me search for what intrest me, if there is can you give me a pointer where it is? xD

drizzy

Registered
Lewd
Jun 11, 2022
LC COIN
Can we have a box for title searches in the thread filters box in the games forums? Previews of results would be more helpful than the threads.

Are hovering image previews for games out because of more server load.

Also the search function needs to sort the results a tad better eg. search for red room without quotes landed the actual thread I was looking for at the bottom. The word 'red' also started matching tags which threw off the results.

Lastly you urge to lock the game sections from public view without being logged in. As it is now you can see all the game and tags. It would get you in more trouble than needed.

Krylo

Registered
Lewd
Jul 3, 2023
LC COIN
One improvement to me would be make filtering games better. You can filter for certain tags, but as far as I can see you can't filter out tags.

Reactions: 2 users

Grodgiff

Registered
Lewd
Dec 23, 2023
LC COIN
There is. Click profile - account - ignoring - tags - add tags.
Wow that is tremendously helpful! Question though, if you have a tag you, let's say follow or have 'favorited' but the game in there has the tag you are ignoring, does this mean that the ignore one takes precedence, or the favorited/followed one?

Myuhinny

Aug 6, 2022
LC COIN
Wow that is tremendously helpful! Question though, if you have a tag you, let's say follow or have 'favorited' but the game in there has the tag you are ignoring, does this mean that the ignore one takes precedence, or the favorited/followed one?

I'm not sure. I added a bit more info to my post as it was missing some. Adding tags to your blocked list will not work with latest updates page though but will work with the game section when searching there.

SecretAgentClank

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
Oct 3, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Maybe I'm mistaken but it looks like sorting games by 'latest update' doesn't actually sort them by their latest update, but also includes sorting them by which game had the most recent comment. (In my opinion, I would prefer having it sorted by when the game was most recently physically updated in the changelog).

Something that has been mentioned before, I think being able to 'exclude' tags when sorting/searching for games would be a necessary QOL to add.

HTYYHRK

Registered
Lewd
Jul 17, 2023
LC COIN
Maybe this is already in the new latest updates page but an option to remove ignored threads from latest update.

shiningforcehero@hot

Greven
Registered
Feb 3, 2024
LC COIN
Id love to see some links?
Fuck95 has it why can't we?
Iv looked around recomandations ect and I haven't seen one link, maybe -Me Dumb- but I don't believe we have it.
thanks

ec2neat

Registered
Lewd
Nov 8, 2023
LC COIN
We at LewdCorner value your opinions. You can help us improve the site!

We want your serious ideas on how we can improve the your experience as a visitor. How can we make it look better? How can we make it more accessible for you to use the site? How can we improve your visit?

We cannot promise to implement any of the ideas, but we will strive to use these ideas to improve the LewdCorner experience over time.

Thank you for your valued contributions.
Lower the points lol

GoblinsLayer

Registered
Lewd
Feb 12, 2024
LC COIN
a godly tag filter
it has include and exclude but also and/or clauses for them
example
include, and - harem, male protagonist
exclude, or - gay, ntr
meaning filter for games that have harem and male protagonist but remove games that have either gay or ntr

yesplznothxkk

Registered
Lewd
Nov 8, 2022
LC COIN
We at LewdCorner value your opinions. You can help us improve the site!

We want your serious ideas on how we can improve the your experience as a visitor. How can we make it look better? How can we make it more accessible for you to use the site? How can we improve your visit?

We cannot promise to implement any of the ideas, but we will strive to use these ideas to improve the LewdCorner experience over time.

Thank you for your valued contributions.
I think you're going to expect a period of 'turbulence', where lurkers like myself crawl out of our dank caves and start raving about stuff to get points, after that, please let lurkers be lurkers, some of us contribute where we can and where we feel we're helpful, but the current level of interactions thread drown in the spam and its impossible to keep track of what has been posted. Just to keep in mind, that this should not be the normal.

That said, if gaining points where restricted to certain parts of the forum, so 'legimate' posts could go fairly undisturbed or rather only attended by those who can actually contribute.
Its good to have a pot boiling if you're cooking, but to have the entire kitchen on fire is a bit of a hazzle.

By writing this I'm underlining my own point, because I would like to help, don't really feel like the above is enough to merit a post, but the points... the points...

BakaChan

INCEST SUPREMACY
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
Jun 18, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
  • Activities for LC coins...(like best idea for game gets some LC Coins or Art submissions etc)
  • Lottery can b replaced with raffle (everyone buy raffle ticket and one lucky person gets it all)
  • Trophy that can b displayed on profile (like custom trophy for Activities)
  • Leaderboards for events. LC coins to enter events?
  • Rather than buying permanant sticky threads, people can rent spaces for sticky threads with coins on monthly basis. or via auctioning spaces.
  • Penality taxing of LC coins for improper behavior?

Last edited:

Arorimous

[ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ🍆] [彡 ͡࿐.̢' ͡࿐彡] Planned: [༺𝐕𝐈𝐏༻] [変態]
Registered
Lewd
Jan 18, 2023
LC (don't you know which site you're browsing?!)
LC COIN
It could be nice to be able to build a game library, just references to the games we're playing so we have a quick way to see that list and check out if there were any updates, or just remember that there was one that wasn't updated in a while and may require investigation to find out what's going on.

Next each user could choose to make that list visible to other users, acting as a recommendations list, and it would also give you a way to build recommendations based on other users with similar games in their libraries.
You could even let users build several such lists, working like YouTube playlists, giving a title and description for their lists, and making them into topic-based recommendations for other users.
This would provide another kind of review mechanism, where users could group similar games together and others could easily find games similar to games they already like.
This would especially help completed games that new users only discover is they browse through the whole Games history.

Last edited:

Arorimous

[ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ🍆] [彡 ͡࿐.̢' ͡࿐彡] Planned: [༺𝐕𝐈𝐏༻] [変態]
Registered
Lewd
Jan 18, 2023
LC (don't you know which site you're browsing?!)
LC COIN
Keep a history of versions and release dates, so you can display a graph of the evolution of the game.
I see many users not jumping in on a new game because first releases are typically short, so they wait a few releases, or very good games that are really slow between updates, so it may be better to wait a while and play when it gets closer to final, so we don't forget everything between playthroughs.
See the thread What version number do you jump in at? for proof of users really planning their downloads according to such criteria.
Having a graph of the previous updates would let us adjust our expectations, knowing that that game is updated every few weeks or just once a year for example.

A standard section about the current state of the game development could also help with expectations, indicating if the developer is working on several games in sequence, stated that development is on hold because of personal priorities, working on it randomly during spare time, or focusing on it as a full-time job.

Back
Top Bottom