Theme editor

I made a game

Thread owner
So, I've played through day 4 - 5

_So far the story is interesting. Got fucked by bad end because it didn't seem like 5 years in jail was realistic for leaking nudes but heh, why not. Also, that many medical tests for a driver licence seems a bit odd but, once again, why not. Let's say it didn't hurt suspension of disbelief too badly. Anyway, because it is Ren'Py, just need to scroll back to where you fucked up so it's not really a problem.
The writing seems ok, I took the habit of reading fast anyway to get the general idea, but I didn't get pissed like many other games where i just end up skipping everything and not reading. So that's a good point

_Girls are nice, glad I haven't seen AI chan lol. You can tell it's AI, but it's original enough to be enjoyable. Now, it is purely subjective, but actually the only times I don't really read the text in most h games is during sex scenes. It's like the "show don't tell" thing in cinema. But as I sayed it's purely subjective, regarding the standards it's not bad at all.

_Minigames are ok too, mostly did the "find the pair" one + the repairing stuff ofc. Had trouble understanding what you need to do in the repair minigame at first, but it's actually pretty obvious; it's just dumb me.

_Minor flaws spotted in english translation:

-The game asks you in the beginning what is your best friends' name, but actually is girlfriend, right?

-Sex scene in Day 4 morning:
You must be registered to see attachments
I was unsure of what "talk with microphone" would be, actually leads to bj scene. So I guess this is the type of "confusing translation" you mentionned earlier lol



...Don't really have more to tell for now, nothing exceptionnal, but nothing to be ashamed of either.

Now as I said visual novels are not really my type of games, but still i'm hooked enough to keep playing till the end later. So I guess it's pretty positive

So, I will give more feedback later, just wanted to put my first thoughts here, as first impression has its importance.
thanks a lot. this is exactly the kind of feedback i was hoping for when i posted here. detailed, honest, and actually useful. 🙌

about the writing
really glad to hear you didn't end up skipping everything. that means a lot. i know the english isn't perfect, so hearing that it's still readable and not annoying is a huge relief.

about the sex scenes / "show don't tell"
that's a really fair point. i think i tend to over-describe because i'm trying to set a mood, but i get what you mean - sometimes less is more. i'll keep that in mind for future scenes. maybe trim some of the longer ones down.

thanks again for taking the time to write all this. it's genuinely helpful. looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the rest whenever you get to it.
 
Thread owner
I've never used AI for at but at these point the point I'm tired of the dumb fucking sheeple who quickly parrot "AI bad" like an NPC just because some pseudo artists told them to. AI has it's uses and can be a good tool for indie devs. As an example I found a free and open-source translator tool that makes use of AI to translate one language to another.

Another thing about these so-called "Artists" one should know. There have been multiple instances where an artist has impacted a game in a negative way. The infamous eroge "Breeding Season" being an example is one that was ruined by the game's artist, this was reported by users over on F95. One can see comments and posts that were not censored about that one.
Don't feel bad if someone shames you for using AI.

thanks for the support. 🙌

I know that for many people, the topic of artificial intelligence is a sensitive one, and I understand why. I'm not pretending that this is handmade. I just want to write a story, and with AI it's easier and more beautiful.
 
Since AI doesn’t evoke any rejection in me — it’s just a common working tool in our time — I just want to wish you good luck with your future projects; I hope you’ll have them!Creativity, in any of its manifestations, inspires genuine respect.I’ve downloaded the archive; I hope to be able to share my unbiased opinion before the start of September.
 
I've never used AI for at but at these point the point I'm tired of the dumb fucking sheeple who quickly parrot "AI bad" like an NPC just because some pseudo artists told them to. AI has it's uses and can be a good tool for indie devs. As an example I found a free and open-source translator tool that makes use of AI to translate one language to another.

Another thing about these so-called "Artists" one should know. There have been multiple instances where an artist has impacted a game in a negative way. The infamous eroge "Breeding Season" being an example is one that was ruined by the game's artist, this was reported by users over on F95. One can see comments and posts that were not censored about that one.
Don't feel bad if someone shames you for using AI.
Breeding Season I played it and thought the game was really good up until version 5.4; after that, the animations were removed. I don't think the AI ruined it, what happened was that while the characters and artwork were improved, all the sex scenes and animations were taken out. In my opinion, that’s what ruined the game. To be honest, until today I didn't even know that AI was used for that.

I still remember that only version 5.4 of *Legend of Krystal* was released, because it was no longer playable after that.
 
Last edited:
Breeding Season I played it and thought the game was really good up until version 5.4; after that, the animations were removed. I don't think the AI ruined it, what happened was that while the characters and artwork were improved, all the sex scenes and animations were taken out. In my opinion, that’s what ruined the game. To be honest, until today I didn't even know that AI was used for that.

Breeding Season is way too old for AI :D Since one of the common critiques to devs who use AI is "you should hire an artist instead", Rebel was making a point about artists sometimes not being trustworthy. In the case of Breeding Season, the lead artist for the game got the money and run, basically dooming the project for good.
 
Breeding Season is way too old for AI :D Since one of the common critiques to devs who use AI is "you should hire an artist instead", Rebel was making a point about artists sometimes not being trustworthy. In the case of Breeding Season, the lead artist for the game got the money and run, basically dooming the project for good.
Yes, that happened to the developer of Miruri too; an artist even tried to scam him, but he got his money back. But yes, that's what happened, and artists are incredibly expensive. I would also rather use AI or a rendering engine like PH, HS2, KK, or DAZ before spending money on an artist.

Why on earth are you here then? This is literally a site for VN:s hahaha.
Well, it’s true that a lot of RPG Maker games just get skipped and visual novels are hugely popular here; there was even a thread where people literally wrote that they skip RPG Maker games. In my opinion, if you want to develop a game and have it become popular on LC, you shouldn't even bother using an engine other than Ren'Py, choose renpy and focus on visual novels. Anything else most likely won't even get a second glance.
 
Last edited:
I'm going to be honest, your description of the game has so much of lists of 3, it's not x but y, em dashes etc that this to me just looks like a garbage game. Even ignoring my personal hate for AI how do you expect your edit of AI output to be in any way decent when even the game description is like this? Probably better to actually write in your own language instead.
 
Thread owner
I'm going to be honest, your description of the game has so much of lists of 3, it's not x but y, em dashes etc that this to me just looks like a garbage game. Even ignoring my personal hate for AI how do you expect your edit of AI output to be in any way decent when even the game description is like this? Probably better to actually write in your own language instead.
thanks for the honesty, i get what you mean. i'll keep it in mind for the future! 🙌
 
@Kessy

So, Went through the 14 days, clearly a lot of things have not been integrated yet (which for a version titled "1.0" can be confusing), so i'll pass on all this

didn't go through all storylines, mainly focused on the gym one

As of now the biggest incoherence I see is that you don't get to spend time with the GF. While it seems there is an emphasis on going too far with other girls or not, you actually don't get to have a choice to spend a little time with her in the morning, but instead are forced to spend time doing things on your phone. But yet again, maybe these are parts not integrated yet

Another thing that comes to my mind, the hacking of the librarian computer. Thank god I saved when I saw "This is the IP, I better remember it" so I could come back to it when I was asked to remember the thing. Now maybe there is a way to replay the scene, didn't test if. But if there is not, that's clearly a potential softlock for one of the routes

That apart, I don't really have anything more to say. It was nice. It clearly has potential, but needs to be filled up with more content.
 
With the help of AI tools, creating a game has become significantly easier, and it produces a more interesting visual experience.
 
Thread owner
@Kessy

So, Went through the 14 days, clearly a lot of things have not been integrated yet (which for a version titled "1.0" can be confusing), so i'll pass on all this

didn't go through all storylines, mainly focused on the gym one

As of now the biggest incoherence I see is that you don't get to spend time with the GF. While it seems there is an emphasis on going too far with other girls or not, you actually don't get to have a choice to spend a little time with her in the morning, but instead are forced to spend time doing things on your phone. But yet again, maybe these are parts not integrated yet

Another thing that comes to my mind, the hacking of the librarian computer. Thank god I saved when I saw "This is the IP, I better remember it" so I could come back to it when I was asked to remember the thing. Now maybe there is a way to replay the scene, didn't test if. But if there is not, that's clearly a potential softlock for one of the routes

That apart, I don't really have anything more to say. It was nice. It clearly has potential, but needs to be filled up with more content.
Thanks for this really helpful.

the point about the girlfriend is actually really good. i think i got so focused on the "temptation to go too far with other girls" angle that i accidentally forgot to give the player a reason to actually care about her. you're right you should be able to spend time with her in the morning, not just be forced to look at your phone. i'll definitely add more interactions with her in the next update. that's solid feedback.

the library IP thing is also a good catch. i'll add a failsafe so people don't get softlocked.

lots more content planned. this kind of feedback helps me figure out what to prioritize. thanks again 🙌
 
Certainly looks like an interesting game, I'll check it out but AI does have that tendency to cause issues especially when you're doing future updates.
 
Thanks for this really helpful.

the point about the girlfriend is actually really good. i think i got so focused on the "temptation to go too far with other girls" angle that i accidentally forgot to give the player a reason to actually care about her. you're right you should be able to spend time with her in the morning, not just be forced to look at your phone. i'll definitely add more interactions with her in the next update. that's solid feedback.

the library IP thing is also a good catch. i'll add a failsafe so people don't get softlocked.

lots more content planned. this kind of feedback helps me figure out what to prioritize. thanks again 🙌

Glad to know it helped. Actually I was in the state of mind of not cheating, but the lack of content and possible interactions depressed me too much so i switched to "ok show me content" mode
 
Congrats on the release, as a solo dev that released an AI game I totally get that yeah you'll get some Anti- AI hate , but if your content is good, many will still play it. Most all New games will use AI in some form. so the haters best get use to it or they will have nothing to play. Ai in a few more years will be so good you wont be able to tell anyway. the only other issue will be censorship even the AI NSFW Lora models are being removed from sites now.
 
Thread owner
Congrats on the release, as a solo dev that released an AI game I totally get that yeah you'll get some Anti- AI hate , but if your content is good, many will still play it. Most all New games will use AI in some form. so the haters best get use to it or they will have nothing to play. Ai in a few more years will be so good you wont be able to tell anyway. the only other issue will be censorship even the AI NSFW Lora models are being removed from sites now.
thanks! the AI backlash is exhausting sometimes, but the warm feedback keeps me going. seriously appreciate it.
 
thanks! the AI backlash is exhausting sometimes, but the warm feedback keeps me going. seriously appreciate it.
warm feedback from a fellow slop enjoyer is not positive feedback.

The overhwelming vast majority of people outside this website hate and actively avoid AI images, and for good reason.

There's no soul, no heart. Putting texts into a prompt is as much effort as this dialogue i am writing to you now.
 
Thread owner
warm feedback from a fellow slop enjoyer is not positive feedback.

The overhwelming vast majority of people outside this website hate and actively avoid AI images, and for good reason.

There's no soul, no heart. Putting texts into a prompt is as much effort as this dialogue i am writing to you now.
you're right that AI is controversial, and i get why. but writing a game isn't the same as writing a prompt. the prompts are maybe 10% of the work - the story, branching, logic, scene design are all me.

and even the assets - i had to fix almost every single one in Photoshop. AI still can't produce clean usable images on its own. it's not just "type and done."
 
warm feedback from a fellow slop enjoyer is not positive feedback.

The overhwelming vast majority of people outside this website hate and actively avoid AI images, and for good reason.

There's no soul, no heart. Putting texts into a prompt is as much effort as this dialogue i am writing to you now.

Well to be more precise, I would say lots of people (including me) tend to avoid AI visuals because most of games featuring this are lazyly made. Lots of game w handmade graphics have no soul either though.
Which is why I tend to focus on the gameplay and mechanics, as after playing lots of eroge I consider it is the most accurate marker of "does a video game has a soul or not".

Using AI right is a skill in itself to be developped, and has to be used alongside other skills for it to give proper, expected results

Now @Kessy to go back to the game, I hope things go smoothly and you don't lose yourself in development hell lol

In the end - what do you want to share, what do you wish people to remember.. I know that sometimes the answer can be a bit vague but I think it is important to stick to this "absolute" to not get lost too much
 
Thread owner
Well to be more precise, I would say lots of people (including me) tend to avoid AI visuals because most of games featuring this are lazyly made. Lots of game w handmade graphics have no soul either though.
Which is why I tend to focus on the gameplay and mechanics, as after playing lots of eroge I consider it is the most accurate marker of "does a video game has a soul or not".

Using AI right is a skill in itself to be developped, and has to be used alongside other skills for it to give proper, expected results

Now @Kessy to go back to the game, I hope things go smoothly and you don't lose yourself in development hell lol

In the end - what do you want to share, what do you wish people to remember.. I know that sometimes the answer can be a bit vague but I think it is important to stick to this "absolute" to not get lost too much
that's a really good way to put it. "AI right is a skill in itself" - yeah, i completely agree. it's not a magic button, it's a tool. and like any tool, it only works if you actually know what you're doing with it.

and you're right about the soul thing too. handmade graphics don't guarantee soul either. i've played plenty of beautiful games that felt completely empty. for me, the thing that matters most is whether the story pulls you in and makes you want to keep going.

as for what i want to share - honestly, i just want to tell an interesting story. something you can get lost in, like a good book. with twists, unexpected endings, and characters that feel real enough to care about. that's the goal. whether i get there or not, we'll see)
 
Back
Top Bottom