Theme editor

Do ratings affect whether you download a game?

I never look at ratings. I just look at tags and pictures. If it looks interesting, i will try it. Same with AAA games. I just look at trailers and gameplay and decide from that, if it's something i wanna play
 
Ratings are like 10%, Screenshots the other 90%, honestly if it doesn't have preview screenshots of the game, not playing it
 
I don't look at ratings. I find it to be a poor metric as it doesn't account for taste. Some of my favorite games have mid/low-ratings.
Opposite can be true. Some games deserve a way lower rating than they have (not naming specifics). I suppose h-scenes alone can carry a game enough that'll be highly rated (though this isn't always the case).
 
my biggest thought with a game with very low like 1-2 stars is maybe just checking to see if it's possible malware or something, but yeah usually it is just something like an NTR tag catching strays
 
Yes, but depending on the number of reviews. If it's like 2 people, then obviously no unless they typed like paragraphes. Most of the time I read through all the tag and check the images first before even caring about the rating.
 
Screenshots first -> check reviews/comments to see what's being talked about for current patch or any especially notable problems
 
For the most part i don't really care about ratings that much, i tend to see some pictures about the game (gameplay and art style) then download if i liked it.
try the game out for an hour or so then decide if its worth it or not.
 
Not the rating directly, unless it's like 100+ people rating 1s. If there are written reviews that explain what's possibly wrong with the game then those might affect my download decision. Otherwise it's the tags and screenshots that determine if I'll download the game or not.
 
I've seen some of the shittiest, blueballfest games (like AWAM) get very high ratings Especially on Fuck 95 because they try to protect certain games from bad ratings by deleting ratings they don't like.
 
It can affect it, yes.

If there are reviews available I will read what reasoning people are using when giving low ratings to assess whether or not I'm still interested in playing it. And sometimes I'll give a poorly rated game a go just to see if the criticisms were accurate.
 
If a premise is good enough and the reviews aren't overly negative, I can give it a basic try. But I don't have the time nor patience to try any and all games.
 
i've seen the most asinine AI slop game with the most AI slop writing and graphics getting like 4,5 stars while the ones that speaks to me getting like, 2 stars so, not really
 
Back
Top Bottom