Theme editor

Are my pleasure receptors cooked, or is the adult games quality going from stale to full on nose dive?

fappingwanker

Lewd
Registered
Joined
Dec 20, 2024
Threads
2
Messages
11
Vouches
0
Likes
12
LewdCoins
⚡315
Donation coins
0
Platinum
0
adcoin
0
1/3
‎1 Year of Service‎
Thread owner
I got into the adult games scene around 2017. Everything was booming back then. Realistic graphics from DAZ, Summertime Saga setting the standard for 2D hand drawn games.
I my opinion 2018-2020 was the golden era for this industry. Passion projects, fewer cash-grab attempts, devs were simply trying to make the best games they could.
I remember fapping my eyes out back then, sleeping 3 or 4 hours a night because I couldn't stop jerking off. My eyes were red all the time, lol.

Nowadays it feels like 9 out of 10 games are in for a quick buck and nothing else. I was expecting for AI to up the game quality significantly, but it did the opposite. It simply creates soulless stories and artwork that does nothing for me.

Also, now that Blender, Unreal Engine and even Marvelous Designer are more reachable than ever, I was expecting to see a significant bump of quality in adult games. Better background scenes, better lighting, more variety in characters since MetaHuman is free to use ffs. And not to mention you can actually simulate clothing on characters with physics in Blender/UE/Marvelous Designer.
We have the hardware. We have the tools. We have AI which can guide you step by step. SO WHY DO TITS LOOK LIKE THEY'RE MADE OF WOOD??? WHERE'S THE JIGGLE PHYSICS???

I'm sick of clothing sticking to the character's body like tin, sick of the same outfit for a character in a 3-years-in-development game, sick of horrible lighting, sick of terrible camera angles. And the list can go on.

The adult games industry could be very profitable for a small team of hobbyists, yet I feel very few are doing it properly. And I wonder why.
Are my pleasure receptors cooked, or is there a different reason the adult games quality seems to be speedrunning a full on nose dive?

DO I REALLY NEED TO MAKE MY OWN GAME TO SHOW EVERYBODY HOW IT'S DONE???
 
Last edited:
games in general have gotten easier to make and therefore there are games that have less work put into them. it happens everywhere but as adult games aren't mainstream they aren't filtered as much as normal games. but either way do it make your own game.
 
I wouldn't say your cooked more like you got to reignite that spark for what you enjoyed. Possibly look at past works to see if you can find some stuff, talk to those who write story's and fanfics. Plus their should be a way for you to filter out the stuff you know you won't enjoy
 
I remember fapping my eyes out back then, sleeping 3 or 4 hours a night because I couldn't stop jerking off. My eyes were red all the time, lol.
While I don't necessarily disagree with your premise, it might have nothing to do with the quality of the games. I also fapped a lot more 9 years ago because, well, I was 9 years younger. Life, stress, health, and any number of factors that come into play as you get older can easily decrease your desire to, well, fap around the clock.

But even still, I don't know if the quality of the games has gone down so much as the quantity of the games has dramatically increased. It can seem like the overall quality has dropped when so much AI slop and cash grabs are out there, using up oxygen.

Of course, with monetization options drying up, there is a chance that many of those "games" might start to go away, bringing the ratio of good:slop back down to reasonable levels. I do wish there was an easier method of separating the crap from the good stuff, but if you put a little work in, you can strike gold that will have you wanting to fap until 3 in the morning!
 
It’s likely a mix of things. For me, I definitely get burnt out and need a break before coming back. There is a biological something-or-other where the threshold for what stimulates you sexually increases the more porn you consume - ie you get desensitized. But I’ve found that after lil break I’m back to my baseline, so to speak.

But there’s also economic factors - the pandemic and our old friend capitalism definitely made it harder for people to justify unpaid side projects. So if we introduce the need to earn money from a game, cash grabs become more common. All the AI slop isn’t helping things.
 
They've been going downhill the last few years, honestly that also goes for "AAA" games. A huge part of it due to the payment providers and their crackdowns on unwanted content which can be anything they don't like.

I swear that most games now also get less content than ever AND get slower and slower at releasing updates that tend to get smaller over time too..
 
The pressure of censorship, personal attacks and woke activists wanting to kill people over fictional works is something that needs to acknowledge as factors affecting adult games. I don't make games for money so you can't say that all of us are greedy or make me out to what I say as biased because I'm a game dev even though I'm a hobby game dev at the moment.

Since censorship ruins games, I need to point out the fault of gamers for not fighting against censorship, putting it all on the devs who end up having give in and censor their game. A game dev would be left with censoring the game so that it can continue to be worked on and make money OR let the game continue to be uncensored but then have it cut short and ended.

I know that being artisitc and having artistic integrity won't cut it either. I've seen too many gamers not giving a shit about artistic devs and artistic integrity.
 
I mean I have been seeing more and more AI slop or those ass unreal engine games with no quality at all. I think the reason is just that they cant be bothered to put more time into the games.
 
Your correct as that's how I feel about most games nowadays.

1. A.I is taking over most new games.
2. Games that were once promising have been abandoned.
3. Censorship has killed all originality on every platform.
 
It's really just that there's more slop going around. I'm following multiple good ongoing games, which is on par with what it's basically always been.

Also, horny gamers are a demographic that, in general, is notoriously easy to please. It incentivizes low effort content in general. As long as it contains a person's kink they're usually good to go.

Broken english? Bad UI? Reused assets? OH SHIT IT'S A REDHEAD IN FISHNETS. 10/10 would fap again.
 
Last edited:
Imo there are the same number of really good to great games as before. Even back then it was pretty hard to find a really great adult game.

Now adays there are just 300x the number of games getting released so there are a shit ton more low quality games.

We still get some bangers now and then, at about the same rate as before just WAY more slop comes out now.
 
Imo there are the same number of really good to great games as before. Even back then it was pretty hard to find a really great adult game.

Now adays there are just 300x the number of games getting released so there are a shit ton more low quality games.

We still get some bangers now and then, at about the same rate as before just WAY more slop comes out now.
I agree. Good games are getting harder to find because there is more noise.
We need better filters!
Not sure what those filters should be.
Maybe AI will help one day.
Or we will have curators.
Maybe they already exist in this community. I just have to find them.
 
Nah, you're right. Also, despite games being easier to make most of them that get pumped out have a depressingly low amount of content. In the olden days people used to hop on TK17 and pump shit out rapid style. Now it's 3 renders per update, two updates a year, patreon and subscribestar maxed out. Ugh.
 
Nah. Nothing changed much. Just as in case with mainstream games, people forgot about tonnes and tonnes of shovelware that was shitted out alongside with good games. Japs were ahead of the curve back than and still are.
 
It's profitable for a few, but a hobbyist doesnt have the time or incentive to go beyond the bare minimum. Moreso with Patreon and PayPal cracking down on everything that isnt boring vanilla, and SubscribeStar requiring a following in the first place.
 
Would have loved to leave a thumbs up to pretty much everyone as pretty much everything added was interesting.

I don't know if it was that much before, but I feel like trends are more and more a thing, especially since AI kicked in.

Instead of going for something original a lot of devs make cheap copies of what already exists. Best example lately would be the "NTR phone games" trend

I have also noticed many deckbuilder games lately but sadly only a few are promising
 
It'll get worse before it gets better, I feel. Same goes for contemporary films, music, books - art in general, really. There's just so much garbage everywhere that it blots out all the good stuff that's still around. People need to stop buying into trash products (especially AI slop), let the industry crash and shrink, and then allow the people who are actually in it for the art and not a quick buck to pick up the pieces. Until that happens, I'm afraid we'll have to continue swimming in this sea of mediocrity.

Oh and, as the guy above said, our brains are absolutely done for, too. But two things can be true at once.
 
I don't know if it was that much before, but I feel like trends are more and more a thing, especially since AI kicked in.

Instead of going for something original a lot of devs make cheap copies of what already exists. Best example lately would be the "NTR phone games" trend
Some time before the AI art games started to appear in numbers, I was seeing lazy Koikatsu games left and right. As of this year of 2026, I still see lazy Koikatsu games being created. The AI games I see appear to be lazy due to the same style of art they all use. The only one I've seen so far that appears different and not lazy is REC, which uses pixel art, yet is labeled as AI-CG. From what I've payed so far from an older demo, that game was AI art done right, unlike most I have seen so far.

There is also too many inexperienced game devs who rushed in to make money without taking time to learn the tools and how to create a game. I wish they would get into emulation and go experience many retro games and see what made them great. ( - game roms via ) I find myself needing to go back to these old games again and learn from them.

You must be registered to see attachments
You must be registered to see attachments



Definitely will bring back some memories to some of you. I could have sworn I had more box arts and screenshots on my SSD set aside for assets and references.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
The credit card thing hit hard the community of this kind of games, because it was not just incest it was all the perception of doing money by making porn games. and i dont know i remember playing porn flash games and they were fun, even now for me a game doesn't need to have the best graphics or story to be good, always loved the build ups and situations, manwha from korea is getting really good at it and they putting a lot of money on those artist.
I think the industry will expand where the money is, i just hope there is always one or two good VNs that make you wanna wait for their update release to read it.
 
Back
Top Bottom