Anti-Social & Lurker - Hideout spot

  • Thread starter Thread starter Axois
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 174K
  • Views Views 7M
Frankenstein's motivation:

"Heureka! It is alive!
After those years of strife,
Of bodies from ditches
Of screws, bolts and stitches
I finally made me a wife!"
 
I think some people just hate AI to hate AI. I personally don't mind it if like you, it is done right and they actually put thought into it. I do see though how it could be a slippery slope to getting lazy on the stories.
i mean depends ai overall is bad for a plethora of reasons but in games it can be good and bad it might create many games which will be great and interesting forcing developers to compete with eachother but it might also lead to shitty low quality slop which developers will work on for a day before moving on to the next game while forcing talented artists and developers to stop making games
 
Good morning and happy Fuck It Friday,
 
Also Good Morning too you...and which weather you have in your country
It varies greatly - the US is a big country. No rain and above average temperature where I am.
 
^^^

What's the real issue with AI? Is it actually because people don't like AI renderings, or is it because a large % of them are done lazily and hastily. I feel like AI, WHEN IT'S DONE RIGHT, seems fine? But I know some people are just Anti-AI no matter what
For me, the art style is the main selling point of 2d-cg and most of 2dAI-cg don't bother to train the model themselves or at least use a more unique model, so all of them end up looking the same. I also have local gen ai and I can make my own gooning material in that art style if I want lol
 
For me, the art style is the main selling point of 2d-cg and most of 2dAI-cg don't bother to train the model themselves or at least use a more unique model, so all of them end up looking the same. I also have local gen ai and I can make my own gooning material in that art style if I want lol
That sound really expensive. What is your setup currently?
 
That sound really expensive. What is your setup currently?
i currently have 4080 super but any high memory gpu from nvidia with cuda core will do fine if you willing to wait(ideally 3060 and up). i used to gen image with amd rx6800 that card can only do 30sec to 1min per image XD instead of something like 1-2 image per 10sec on 3060 XD
 
For me, the art style is the main selling point of 2d-cg and most of 2dAI-cg don't bother to train the model themselves or at least use a more unique model, so all of them end up looking the same. I also have local gen ai and I can make my own gooning material in that art style if I want lol
Anything 2D is on my ignore list anyway.
 
I saw many great games untranslated. Even translation request doesn't fill them up. It'd be great if we had them here.
there are only a very few translators here (2 maybe) and no way in the world they are going to translate 20,000 titles be themselves for free especially when they are getting picked up & sold for year cash on other sites.
 
there are only a very few translators here (2 maybe) and no way in the world they are going to translate 20,000 titles be themselves for free especially when they are getting picked up & sold for year cash on other sites.
That is true. But can't we have a separate zone where these apps can be put. With those shorten link sites. Then they can make money from the adds and we all can enjoy something.
 
That is true. But can't we have a separate zone where these apps can be put. With those shorten link sites. Then they can make money from the adds and we all can enjoy something.
i can only suggest that you become a translator & uploader

there are translators that have the tools they use in their sigline
 
I saw many great games untranslated. Even translation request doesn't fill them up. It'd be great if we had them here.
Sora, bendythenoob, and I are the only ones here who have translated games...And I’ve done most of the translating, For several reasons, I can't longer take on that much work anymore... Translators are generally very rare, even on F95, and the few they did have got banned for Rule 7 violations.

But if you like, you can become a translator yourself and take on the work.

here please read that and use my tools and you can a translator be yourself

 
Sora, bendythenoob, and I are the only ones here who have translated games...And I’ve done most of the translating, For several reasons, I can't longer take on that much work anymore... Translators are generally very rare, even on F95, and the few they did have got banned for Rule 7 violations.

But if you like, you can become a translator yourself and take on the work.

here please read that and use my tools and you can a translator be yourself

Thank you for taking the time to translate the ones you have done, i mean not everyone can and has the patience and time to do so
 
^^^

What's the real issue with AI? Is it actually because people don't like AI renderings, or is it because a large % of them are done lazily and hastily. I feel like AI, WHEN IT'S DONE RIGHT, seems fine? But I know some people are just Anti-AI no matter what
Some don't like the styles. Some don't like the mistakes that AI makes. Some don't like when the artist doesn't take the time and effort to fix the issues. Some hate that it's driving up prices. Some hate that they're trained on others' artwork.

I think some people just hate AI to hate AI. I personally don't mind it if like you, it is done right and they actually put thought into it. I do see though how it could be a slippery slope to getting lazy on the stories.
These are definitely reasons that people dislike AI.

From what I understand a lot of people dislike it as they view the artwork as stolen from whatever original works were used to train the model. My biggest issue with it right now is it has absolutely fucked PC component prices and I was wanting to build a new computer sometime soon haha.
Yep. Plenty have those issues, and the prices right now are wildly high.

For me, the art style is the main selling point of 2d-cg and most of 2dAI-cg don't bother to train the model themselves or at least use a more unique model, so all of them end up looking the same. I also have local gen ai and I can make my own gooning material in that art style if I want lol
Yes, too many people use the same models in the games, so the games all look too similar.

Have you checked out the Image Thread Directory on LC? We have quite a few artists who share their artwork, including ai and non-ai threads.

i currently have 4080 super but any high memory gpu from nvidia with cuda core will do fine if you willing to wait(ideally 3060 and up). i used to gen image with amd rx6800 that card can only do 30sec to 1min per image XD instead of something like 1-2 image per 10sec on 3060 XD
Yes, the NVidia cards are more optimized for in AI generation right now, which is a bummer for those without one.
 
Sora, bendythenoob, and I are the only ones here who have translated games...And I’ve done most of the translating, For several reasons, I can't longer take on that much work anymore... Translators are generally very rare, even on F95, and the few they did have got banned for Rule 7 violations.

But if you like, you can become a translator yourself and take on the work.

here please read that and use my tools and you can a translator be yourself

Thank you soo much for doing so . Being a student and all doesn't even leave me with proper time to sleep. But weekends are coming soon and I'd love to try some translating work.
 
Sora, bendythenoob, and I are the only ones here who have translated games...And I’ve done most of the translating, For several reasons, I can't longer take on that much work anymore... Translators are generally very rare, even on F95, and the few they did have got banned for Rule 7 violations.

But if you like, you can become a translator yourself and take on the work.

here please read that and use my tools and you can a translator be yourself

Oh nice! Translator++ was super useful when I used it, but now with the dev version and language models?? That's something else...

You must be registered to see attachments
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back
Top Bottom