What is you opinion on games that use models from "Honey Select" or "Koikatsu"?

Lewddriack

Registered
Lewd
Sep 20, 2023
LC COIN
i personally prefer Daz models. Especially "Honey Select" models do not look good to me.

Reactions: 2 users

ZGGT

Registered
Jun 9, 2023
LC COIN
Daz to me looks awful, can't play any games that use it because of that, the faces on some of the games that use it can be nightmare inducing lol. I usually prefer games that use either custom 2D art or Koikatsu for their art, since they're more visually appealing to me at least.

Reactions: 1 user

CyborgBLUE

Registered
Lewd
Feb 7, 2023
LC COIN
"Honey Select" I like it... on the other hand, "Koikatsu" I can't do it... I missed out on a game whose story I would have liked more because of this one.

cantus

Registered
Jul 19, 2023
LC COIN
I don't love them but they seem like a reasonable set of training wheels for people (like myself) who want to make games but don't have a lot of digital art/animation skills.
The first game I'm planning is deliberately scripted with HS models in mind for that reason. Might also look into Virtamate

Jubjub

Registered
Lewd
Oct 7, 2022
LC COIN
I think that they can still be good games but it lowers my initial opinion when I see an Illusion game being used. Typically this means no custom animations and a very amateurish developer. As long as the writing is still good then I'll end up enjoying it since that's the biggest thing in a VN. Other than that, I just hope that it doesn't have lots of grinding in a sandbox or else I'm gonna have to break out the cheats.

Enot1964

Registered
Lewd
Jan 5, 2024
LC COIN
The funniest thing is when HS or HS2 models are used in VN or games with European setting.
I don't like them, tried to play them - standardized faces with facial expression limitations. I prefer DAZ or European style cartoon graphics.

Last edited:

sweepyy

Registered
Lewd
Feb 8, 2023
LC COIN
I like the Honey Select franchise & some models from it, but I hate games that use models from HS.
If I have to choose, I'd say Daz models.

giginoR

Registered
Lewd
May 28, 2023
LC COIN
I think using either is fine. Personally prefer daz since 2d faces tend to look the samey to me.

dustbluemoon

Registered
Mar 4, 2024
LC COIN
having played around in HS a lot, I really liked it. oddly though most games featuring HS are awful; I think I can name maybe 5 good ones. why most devs use few if any mods and stick to basic preprogrammed face and body types is beyond me..
Koikatsu I also really like except when it come to sex scenes. it lends itself better to fantasy/sci-fi/weird shit and humor. if the art showed a liiiittle more detail in the characters it'd be excellent.

UnusualGhost

Registered
Apr 30, 2024
LC COIN
I tend to prefer Daz, though I have played a couple fantastic Honey Select games (Ripples being a fantastic example). However, Koikatsu is just too simplistic looking for me to get into. Maybe if there is a particularly fantastic example that gets recommended to me, but the art style is just… bland. At least, in the examples I have seen screenshots from.

MihoTakumi

Registered
Lewd
Sep 29, 2023
LC COIN
I don't mind them, they're not my go to picks, but the story and kinks have to carry the game, simply going by either of those renders is usually a pass.

okok42690

JRUploader
Registered
Lewd
Jan 28, 2024
LC COIN
I don't want to be an asshole but.. I HATE THEM 😭
They just look so.. disgusting I really don't like the art style.

AlfaBit

Harem Highlander
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
May 5, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
i basically prefer hs2 over hs1 and hs1 over kaikatsu but i don't ignore these games.

RJErwin

Registered
Oct 13, 2023
LC COIN
i think as long the game is good i can overlook it, if i had to choose, i'd rather have Daz and HS2 would be second, HS2 also has tons of mods that can make it look even better and not too high demand for making a vn.

baubau176

Registered
Lewd
Nov 18, 2023
LC COIN
For me usually is like thies:
Daz model tend to be more beautiful, depend on the dev, but have ugly animation.
On opposite the model made by h2 have a realistic look only if made by good modelling, but have some really nice animation that look realistic.

Back
Top Bottom