How big of a harem is too big?

momothemonster

the creature whom lurks
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 7, 2024
LC COIN
it depends on the dev. some games have 4-5 in the harem and it feels bloated due to poor implementations. others have such a huge roster that unless the writing is good noone is going to grind away past the 2-3 characters they are really after before getting bored

DAmarillo

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 4, 2023
LC COIN
good character developement can help boost the size.
4-6 I'm fine with
but 10s to 30+ I'm sure has a place

Geshtar

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 29, 2022
LC COIN
Depends how much work the creator is willing to put in and how good of a writer they are. I used to think anything more than five or six was too many to have all their paths be meaningful, but - and I'm going to sound like a broken record here - Lessons in Love has made me a believer in the potential of such a huge cast. That said, it's such a depressing game that I can't help but think it might lose the harem tag when it's finally complete.

MarlowSI

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 27, 2023
LC COIN
How can we say harem is too big ? :eek:
It's like saying that there are too many different varieties of movies, too many varieties of food, too many different video games, etc. We can't get tired of it! Even if we get tired we try to find different things and test new horizons... life is short, why restrain ourselves?

maturelove

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 8, 2023
LC COIN
Good question! Harem or not, each girl must either have interesting character development or distinctive and attractive look

Unending2164

Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 18, 2024
LC COIN
If it is just a straight sex game the more the merrier. But if it is a game with a story I prefer less so they can focus on character development.

Jubjub

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 7, 2022
LC COIN
I just started playing one that introduces like 20-30 characters to you at the beginning of the game and I can confidently say that it's too much. IDK if it's the number of girls or the sudden introduction that makes it bad but I can't remember anybody.

Back
Top Bottom