lurking and winning
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jun 15, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
As a whole there's no limit for a harem.

In a single sex scene however, I feel like more than 3 or 4 girls could make thing too bureaucratic lol

Reactions: 2 users

plover1993

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 25, 2023
LC COIN
Agree with most people here it seems. Single digits, 7-8. One person to focus on per day.

Kamilgar

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 8, 2022
LC COIN
It depends on the mechanics of a game, in some it is not a problem, the harem could have 100 girls in it, in others the size might matter, when the girls might lose affection over time when you do not care for them or when getting affection is too grindy.

Reactions: 1 users

moodydoorman

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 29, 2024
LC COIN
The magic number is 5-ish I think. But no harem is too big, for games I look forward to harems with different characters and storylines and different itches they scratch
  • incest
  • loli
  • milf
  • corruption -- you should see the series "Baka na imouto"
  • nympho
  • tiny? like fairies
  • furry like cat girls

Reactions: 5 users

Chainedpanda

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 8, 2022
LC COIN
5-7 is the sweet spot tbh. The more characters that get added, the less content each girl will naturally receive. Not to mention that the more harem members you have, the harder it would be to actually end the story.

Reactions: 1 user

anon85726485837

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 25, 2023
LC COIN
I wouldn't want to state an amount. Just that if character development is being hurt, it's too much.

KyoriKusagami

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 16, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
5 at maximum because I like to see the development between them. If there are too many girls, the development will be shallow.

JAMK

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 14, 2022
LC COIN
I prefer a harem with 4 or 5 well written interesting characters than one with 20 samey boring characters

thatoneuser

Satan's Vandal Division
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 14, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Quality over quantity, but that doesn't mean you can't have a decent amount of females in there and still have good storylines / interaction.

ImYourPassenger

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 16, 2022
LC COIN
I agree that 5-7 girls is a good amount of girls. Any more than that and you probably won't get much content with each girl. Especially if you have a favorite, it will take much longer to get content for that character.

-Bonk-

I Like my LI's with Lo in front
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 15, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
3-5 sounds about right

OldArcticFox

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 11, 2023
LC COIN
Upper number depends on story, room for some 1-2 nighters, but good for main cast to have limits, if more than 5, helpful to have external graphics, info on characters and relationships, helpful for new users. The more new users come in, the more the VN is supported, the more old users benefit.....

Lix

Well, why not!
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 25, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Harems are pretty popular, but what is the right number of girls in a harem? Can it be too big? I think harems are too big when it feels like you have to choose between girls in the harem, or you only ever see a girl when you're having sex with her. I personally like WVM but I feel like it may be pushing that limit. How big is too big for you, and have you ever lost interest in a game because the harem got too big?
If you are specifically asking about VN's/Games, I believe everyone above has made great points addressing the "right" amount! (y)

They could all just wear name tags (just a joke). 🤪

If you just want sex, want it as often as possible, with as many girls as possible, just lying in bed as they come in 1,2,3,4...right after another and together, then I believe there is no limit!!! No need to have an actual "story" or "keep tract" of them, just lay back and ENJOY!!! 🤪🥳😜❤️:ROFLMAO:

If you are interested in including a story, romance, and "other interactions" with the girls, then I believe single digits would probably work best in a VN/Game! This would allow the players to enjoy their "company" and "keep tract" best. And I am assuming this would work best for single Developers with development and regular updates/releases, continuing to make and "KEEP" their followers "happy"! ❤️;)

In RL...Can we have our cake and eat it too??? I want both options!!! ❤️🤪🤪🤪:ROFLMAO:(y)🥳😜

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Tinman021

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 22, 2023
LC COIN
I think a better quuestion would be how big girls on bed is considered too big?

you dont need to get the harem all on the bed at the same time.

nahito

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 11, 2023
LC COIN
as long as its written properly like the characters have different attributes to them and stuff then no amount of girls in the harem is too big it can be a whole planetwide if it can

lord_xenu

Hoot hoot, motherfuckers
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 29, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Like most of the other members I agree that single digit numbers of well developed love interests is better than an endless cascade of random non-characters.

rotwang

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 6, 2023
LC COIN
tbh I don't think I have a hard limit.. but imo it becomes much harder for the writers to keep up with actually making the characters interesting past a certain amount. I don't expect that every character will be for me but I def don't want to feel like any are just lazy.

Tarakis

The Angry Garden Gnome
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 12, 2022
LC COIN
No less than 3 and no more than 9 total, any number of side gurlz as long as they don't detract from the harem gurlz to much. NUFF SAID!! :p

Carry On!! :ROFLMAO:

Gravespawn

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 17, 2023
LC COIN
You can never have too much, why not have a army that your harem but in seriousness in a story you would need to be able to have time to showcase all these characters and have them shine. If it too much then people may feel like you are not spending enough time with certain characters they like or given them time to shine.

Back
Top Bottom