Games with lost potential

Lyle33213

Registered
Lewd
Jun 18, 2022
LC COIN
Wanna start a thread on this topic. It probably has been done but I wanna boost these points and I want to talk about a game that has just been THE game that screams getting duped.

So the game is TwoSides. I've watched it go into Version 2 about 6 times now. If it is not that, it certainly feels that way. I remember when it first popped up on Newgrounds in like 2018? Apologies for the vagueness; anyone who knows this game knows about its gaps in development. I was an early subscriber but pulled out about a year into its first iteration. Since then, I've seen it come and go with new promises of completion and regular updates and communicating with supports and blah blah blah ITS BEEN OVER A HALF DECADE.

The saddest part is the game has so much potential. Half of the game doesn't really tickle my fancy fetish-wise and I still love the branching paths and different scenarios. The older woman on the train was so good because there was a branch you may not look at the first time through. Add in some good models and a standard premise with good variety and this could be so good.

I played the latest build and loved it again, but it was also another patch and promise update. It feels like it's gonna go through the developers ending cycle again; abandon and come back a year later. If it ever does move in the direction it should go, I'll play it again. Otherwise, I just can't do it anymore.

Anyone else have some games, active or abandoned, that you just saw so many good ideas that died?

Reactions: 3 users

CulturedGooner

Registered
Lewd
Nov 23, 2023
LC COIN
Damn, there is not enough server capacity to list all the games with lost potential. Where to start :ROFLMAO: Maybe Big Brother

Reactions: 4 users

glewey15

Registered
Lewd
Jul 22, 2022
LC COIN
gotta go with the big ones. summertime sage, heros harem guild, twisted world. the games get big, 3-4 month updates turn into 1 year, 1 year turns into limbo

Reactions: 3 users

AsuraEU

Dicktator Fucktastic
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Mar 22, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Wanna start a thread on this topic. It probably has been done but I wanna boost these points and I want to talk about a game that has just been THE game that screams getting duped.

So the game is TwoSides. I've watched it go into Version 2 about 6 times now. If it is not that, it certainly feels that way. I remember when it first popped up on Newgrounds in like 2018? Apologies for the vagueness; anyone who knows this game knows about its gaps in development. I was an early subscriber but pulled out about a year into its first iteration. Since then, I've seen it come and go with new promises of completion and regular updates and communicating with supports and blah blah blah ITS BEEN OVER A HALF DECADE.

The saddest part is the game has so much potential. Half of the game doesn't really tickle my fancy fetish-wise and I still love the branching paths and different scenarios. The older woman on the train was so good because there was a branch you may not look at the first time through. Add in some good models and a standard premise with good variety and this could be so good.

I played the latest build and loved it again, but it was also another patch and promise update. It feels like it's gonna go through the developers ending cycle again; abandon and come back a year later. If it ever does move in the direction it should go, I'll play it again. Otherwise, I just can't do it anymore.

Anyone else have some games, active or abandoned, that you just saw so many good ideas that died?
If that's the standard then it's gonna be easy to list games, but the one that comes to mind first and the most is Milfy City. The creator is just the biggest douchebag in the community, m'kay ?

Reactions: 2 users

Lyle33213

Registered
Lewd
Jun 18, 2022
LC COIN
gotta go with the big ones. summertime sage, heros harem guild, twisted world. the games get big, 3-4 month updates turn into 1 year, 1 year turns into limbo
Summertime Saga had one build I did most of the content then I fell off. I bet if I played now I would see a lot of good stuff.

Honestly, the curse of making games like these is there has not been a ton of incentive to finish them, Once it is over, the dev either has to come up with a new game or risk losing all their income from subscribers or buyers, not to mention the hurdles needed to jump to publish some games I like

AsuraEU

Dicktator Fucktastic
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Mar 22, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
DarkCookie at least was upfront about Summertime Saga not having any update (new content) until he finishes the technical rework. Of course it's taking a long time now but he did warn people. Can't blame him.

Reactions: 1 users

glewey15

Registered
Lewd
Jul 22, 2022
LC COIN
Summertime Saga had one build I did most of the content then I fell off. I bet if I played now I would see a lot of good stuff.

Honestly, the curse of making games like these is there has not been a ton of incentive to finish them, Once it is over, the dev either has to come up with a new game or risk losing all their income from subscribers or buyers, not to mention the hurdles needed to jump to publish some games I like
The patreon model does not help either. they get paid regardless if they release content or not. I have supported many devs. if they normally update their game every 3 months, but the last two updates took 6 and 8 months, I stop supporting. if more people acted like that, more devs would stick to their schedules.

Reactions: 1 user

glewey15

Registered
Lewd
Jul 22, 2022
LC COIN
DarkCookie at least was upfront about Summertime Saga not having any update (new content) until he finishes the technical rework. Of course it's taking a long time now but he did warn people. Can't blame him.
Yea, its the same way I feel about those OF girls. You see people try and tear them down to making money doing nothing, but its dudes giving them money deserve to be roasted. If a game creator hasnt released an update in a year, and you are still supporting, you are a moron.

Enot1964

Registered
Lewd
Jan 5, 2024
LC COIN
Summertime Saga, Taffy Tales, Love & Sex Second Base. But the biggest disappointment was Reunion (by Karabinek).
"And enterprises of great pitch and moment,– with this regard their current turn away and loose the name of action".(с)

AsuraEU

Dicktator Fucktastic
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Mar 22, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Summertime Saga, Taffy Tales, Love & Sex Second Base. But the biggest disappointment was Reunion (by Karabinek).
"And enterprises of great pitch and moment,– with this regard their current turn away and loose the name of action".(с)
Wait, why Taffy Tales ?
Also, L&S did put me off at some point but the dev regularly updated and delivered exactly what it promised, so I don't understand what's wrong with it ?

Lyle33213

Registered
Lewd
Jun 18, 2022
LC COIN
Wait, why Taffy Tales ?
Also, L&S did put me off at some point but the dev regularly updated and delivered exactly what it promised, so I don't understand what's wrong with it ?
L&S is just confusing and long but my god do I love some of the designs. I will probably play a new build this summer when I get a weekend to sit down

CulturedGooner

Registered
Lewd
Nov 23, 2023
LC COIN
Some that immediately come to mind

Lab rats 2, the mod made by the community was better anyway
Milfy City
Corruption
Wicked Paradise
Dual Family

Lyle33213

Registered
Lewd
Jun 18, 2022
LC COIN
Some that immediately come to mind

Lab rats 2, the mod made by the community was better anyway
Milfy City
Corruption
Wicked Paradise
Dual Family
Bit disgusted how much I put into Lab rats 2. That's another good example of great ideas I love in games. It just became too grindy at points. May have to redownload it now, though. What's the mod?

Thanks

Registered
Lewd
Jun 20, 2023
LC COIN
Me finding a good game:
You must be registered to see attachments

CulturedGooner

Registered
Lewd
Nov 23, 2023
LC COIN
Lab Rats 2 Reformulate, its now the main version made by the modders. Not sure theres a copy on LC so heres the Fuck95 link

Enot1964

Registered
Lewd
Jan 5, 2024
LC COIN
Wait, why Taffy Tales ?
Let me explain. In my opinion, the creators of Taffy Tales, having divided the game into "seasons", which is always a worrying sign, signed their own creative dead end. That is, they simply do not know where to direct the development of the main storyline. If they had finished the project last fall, drawing a line under the main storylines, it would have been a good move. I'm reminded of another game in this regard, Ring of Lust, which the developer has been writing for six and a half years and quite obviously doesn't know what to do with the game next. I think it's called "writer's block" or something like that.
About L&S. It's my comment on dikdames:
This game is impossible to play. In the summer of 2022, the developers should have stopped and released a completed game. It would have been a nice sandbox game.
However, instead, new characters were added to the game and new harems were artificially formed. At some point I had to use a paper notebook in which I wrote down the names of girls (it was impossible to remember them), their stats … But I play for fun, not to keep track of the statistics of the characters in this game. Eventually my patience ran out and I deleted this game without regret.
I can’t understand why the developers keep pulling this long ago turned into a corpse project.

Lyle33213

Registered
Lewd
Jun 18, 2022
LC COIN
Lab Rats 2 Reformulate, its now the main version made by the modders. Not sure theres a copy on LC so heres the Fuck95 link
Okay that has been the version I've always played. Much appreciated.

AsuraEU

Dicktator Fucktastic
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
Mar 22, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Let me explain. In my opinion, the creators of Taffy Tales, having divided the game into "seasons", which is always a worrying sign, signed their own creative dead end. That is, they simply do not know where to direct the development of the main storyline. If they had finished the project last fall, drawing a line under the main storylines, it would have been a good move. I'm reminded of another game in this regard, Ring of Lust, which the developer has been writing for six and a half years and quite obviously doesn't know what to do with the game next. I think it's called "writer's block" or something like that.
About L&S. It's my comment on dikdames:
This game is impossible to play. In the summer of 2022, the developers should have stopped and released a completed game. It would have been a nice sandbox game.
However, instead, new characters were added to the game and new harems were artificially formed. At some point I had to use a paper notebook in which I wrote down the names of girls (it was impossible to remember them), their stats … But I play for fun, not to keep track of the statistics of the characters in this game. Eventually my patience ran out and I deleted this game without regret.
I can’t understand why the developers keep pulling this long ago turned into a corpse project.
L&S was literally planned to be the ultimate dating simulator, I played it from the first versions and now it's just that yes there are so many girls and things to keep track of, but it's not an ultimate harem game either. It was never supposed to be.

As for Taffy Tales,I don't know why you're peeved by the seasons, half the devs out there release seasons because otherwise the game folder size grows too much and it becomes uncomfortable to handle for users. I haven't lost hope in UberPie despite the last updates that took longer than they should have. Obviously I'm not naive enough to think it will go back to the time when it was updating regularly and with a lot of content, but so far the game hasn't really disappointed. He even made 2 different versions for the game instead of compiling both into one, which makes it easier to update and handle for future releases. Let's just cross our fingers.

Last edited:

Enot1964

Registered
Lewd
Jan 5, 2024
LC COIN
L&S was literally planned to be the ultimate dating simulator, I played it from the first versions and now it's just that yes there are so many girls and things to keep track of, but it's not an ultimate harem game either. It was never supposed to be.

As for Taffy Tales,I don't know why you're peeved by the seasons, half the devs out there release seasons because otherwise the game folder size grows too much and it becomes uncomfortable to handle for users. I haven't lose hope in UberPie despite the last updates that took longer than they should have. Obviously I'm not naive enough to think it will go back to the time when it was updating regularly and with a lot of content, but so far the game hasn't really disappointed. He even made 2 different versions for the game instead of compiling both into one, which makes it easier to update and handle for future releases. Let's just cross our fingers.
About L&S. If memory serves me correctly, in the spring of 2021, I finished the game after marrying the girls we shared rooms with in the house - Bree (can't remember the name of the other one). Nice game, it was OK. But then the developers went down the path of multiplying entities. New incomprehensibly from where (and more importantly, why)? taken characters. Harem domestic, musical harem, some more. Why is this necessary?
By the way, I left Reunion for the same reason - uncontrolled multiplication of female characters.

Back
Top Bottom