Theme editor

Favorite Horror Movie?

Not just one :sneaky:

Saw (the first)
Frailty
Needful Things
Alien saga (someone is not a good movie)
Predator saga (someone is not a good movie)
The Thing
Dreamcatcher
Event Horizon
Signs

I love sci-fi horror movies :alien::devilish:
 
I haven't seen too many horror movies in general, much less good ones, but I adore the shining.
 
I like the book too much to properly enjoy that. It's just a different story, and a great film. And for the thread, I'm gonna go with Texas Chainsaw. It's just so visceral, you feel dirty afterwards.
As for Kubrick's film, it's Kubrick's work, based on the storylines of King's novel. This movie cannot be called an adaptation of the book, just like Kubrick's Barry Lyndon (my favorite film by this director) is not a literal adaptation of Thackeray.
 
Prefer more Eastern Horror movies such as Ring, Eye and such. Which is more supernatural, curses, ghosts and such. Not so much into Western Horror which tends to be more serial killers, gore, human violence. I think it's the mystery and creativity, not always knowing how they would spin the Eastern horror.
 
Saw, I rarely watch horrors nowadays, but I vividly remember enjoying Saw. Although there's some funny comedy horror too of the good ol' slasher genre.
 
Still a fan of the classics, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Halloween (1978), Alien, Predator, but Friday the 13th Part 2 is probably my favorite
 
The Ring, the remake (also like the Japanese one). I also like extreme horror movies like Martyrs. I'm completely desensitized. Even A Serbian Film didn't make me squirm. The most disgusting part was the newborn baby scene, but I clearly saw a doll.
 
For a good goofy yet gory time it's always Reanimator (1985) for me
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Only horror films I like are of the Sci-Fi variant like Pitch Black and Alien.
Like, Pitch Black with the Slivers from Magic the Gathering starring the Fast and the Furyan? I love that movie, but does that count as horror? If so, hey, I'm less of a pansy!

For me:
Silent Hill. Creeped the shit out of me, but unlike most horror flicks, every death felt JUSTIFIED. I think it's the random, needless and warrantless violence that I don't like. It wasn't "oh, made a wrong turn" or "was sexually active once", it was "horrific person gets karma". It still almost made me puke a few times, but I actually liked the film as a film. Event Horizon and In the Mouth of Madness were also good. Color Out of Space is a Lovecraft story starring Nicolas Cage that was, according to my 'craft-Loving friend, a faithful adaptation, really good. I don't usually watch horror, though, so my options are severely limited.

Event Horizon is a must for cosmic horror fans like myself.
wanted to tag you, since you mention cosmic horror: Same as above, Color Out of Space with Cage was really good Lovecraft imo. Think I got it from the Dollar store too. And the later seasons of Sabrina got really Eldritch.
 
I’d personally have to say that Hereditary is one of my favorites.

Although I’m not a big gore or brutality guy.
I’m far more interested in psychological horror and suspense.

But I do like Evil Dead 2012 so it’s not like I won’t watch bloody stuff.
I like the Saw series but also Final Destination for its humor.
 
Back
Top Bottom