(Customization) How to make your profile look good.

Animal_OG

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 16, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Hello.
I'll start by saying that all this info is based on trial and error, no official info has been provided on customization or dimensions for the different profile elements. However, I think my profile looks cool, so I'll teach you guys what I learned so far. I decided to exclude titles, text color and such, as I don't use them and are simple to figure out.

Useful info
px = pixel
You can use to create gifs.
You can use to resize images.

Profile picture
This is the icon shown next to your username. Any square (1:1) resolution works. I've found that going beyond 1080px*1080px doesn't really help the image look that much better.

Profile banner
This is the long image shown on your profile page. You should try to keep a proportion of 14:3. Minimal image size without quality loss 1400px*300px. Best would be oversampling at 2800px*600px (like the banner in my profile).

Signature
This is the image that shows under the content of your posts. 1200px*whatever, just make sure 1200px is the width. Mine is done in 1200px*300px and looks pretty good (doesn't clutter the forum). You have to copy the code that shows in there "signaturepicture/signaturepicture" (with the brackets) on the upper text box. You can also try centering that same code to make the image fit better.
**It seems like the site's format got fucked once again, and signatures might be working better at a 1500px*300px resolution.

Postbit
This is the side image on your posts, it shows under your name, profile picture, badges, etc... Now this is a complicated one, as of 04/13/2024 it seems to be bugged for most users, and until we get a fix, I'll recommend the following: I measured 186px*577px which is roughly a proportion of 10:31. If you have a lot of things in your sidebar (titles, locations, groups) you may want to consider giving it more height, the longest profile sidebar I measured was 186px*680px (roughly 10:35). There's a bunch of other options, but I'd say you stick with "cover" selected, Y axis centered, X axis centered.
Additional info:
Cover expands the height of your postbit to make it fit the height of your post, so, for instance, if you post a large image then your postbit will look all blurry and offcenter. Use this in most cases.
Contain should be showing the postbit only one time, but depending on the length of the post it will start repeating itself down to match the length of your post. We should be able to turn it off with "Y axis repeat NO", but the option is not working. Use this if you don't mind your image repeating down the Y axis (vertically).
Auto is crap, don't use it.
Y Axis moves your postbit vertically. Usually left at center. **could potentially be bugged
X Axis moves your postbit horizontally. Usually left at center. **could potentially be bugged
As I said before, postbits are bugged and it's not worth trying too hard to make them look good right now. <Background Repeat - None> is not currently working with <Background Size - Contain> selected.
I haven't tried oversampling myself, but you could do it at 372px*1154. This can help maintaining good resolution on very big posts where your postbit stretches out to match the height.

And that's about it. Feel free to ask questions. If you want to know how I made my animated signature check out my profile.

Edit1: Added the signature bit.
Edit2: Addressed the recent signature dimension issues.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21 users

SkyeJordan666

Hell is the place I only belong.
Staff member
Trial Moderator
Game Uploader
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 2, 2023
Website
skyejordan666.carrd.co
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Let me add something here.

Y Axis and X Axis is currently bugged, tested with my same post bit.

You could have 4K image as your post bit but you need to resize it to fit in the post bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 2 users

thatoneuser

Satan's Vandal Division
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 14, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
Thanks in advance for all future monkees who try to do this on their own and fail miserably (see also me)

• Heart
Reactions: 2 users

Fauxcest

The Motherfucker's Club
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 17, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I'll watch this thread for if I ever get the coins to get vip

Reactions: 1 users

Danv

Too old to care
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 12, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
yeah probably would make more sense to put it in VIP section, instead of teasing people here
at least there will be something actually useful

Reactions: 1 users

thatoneuser

Satan's Vandal Division
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 14, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
@StephanieD
You must be registered to see attachments

Click on that instead. Don't use the upload thing. Try to stay here (when it comes to asking questions about setting stuff up) and not flood the other thread even if people wanna help they'll just fire the same response at you. No problem asking a question but since you want to know a bunch of things a private convo or asking here is better.

Reactions: 1 user

FourTimes

I like Death...She's nice...
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 1, 2024
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
@Animal_OG Thank you so much, you're a real G for this!
Now my profile looks dope 😎.

Tosser

Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 2, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Hello.
I'll start by saying that all this info is based on trial and error, no official info has been provided on customization or dimensions for the different profile elements. However, I think my profile looks cool, so I'll teach you guys what I learned so far. I decided to exclude titles, text color and such, as I don't use them and are simple to figure out.

Useful info
px = pixel
You can use to create gifs.
You can use to resize images.

Profile picture
This is the icon shown next to your username. Any square (1:1) resolution works. I've found that going beyond 1080px*1080px doesn't really help the image look that much better.

Profile banner
This is the long image shown on your profile page. You should try to keep a proportion of 14:3. Minimal image size without quality loss 1400px*300px. Best would be oversampling at 2800px*600px (like the banner in my profile).

Signature
This is the image that shows under the content of your posts. 1200px*whatever, just make sure 1200px is the width. Mine is done in 1200px*300px and looks pretty good (doesn't clutter the forum). You have to copy the code that shows in there "signaturepicture/signaturepicture" (with the brackets) on the upper text box. You can also try centering that same code to make the image fit better.

Postbit
This is the side image on your posts, it shows under your name, profile picture, badges, etc... Now this is a complicated one, as of 04/13/2024 it seems to be bugged for most users, and until we get a fix, I'll recommend the following: I measured 186px*577px which is roughly a proportion of 10:31. If you have a lot of things in your sidebar (titles, locations, groups) you may want to consider giving it more height, the longest profile sidebar I measured was 186px*680px (roughly 10:35). There's a bunch of other options, but I'd say you stick with "cover" selected, Y axis centered, X axis centered.
Additional info:
Cover expands the height of your postbit to make it fit the height of your post, so, for instance, if you post a large image then your postbit will look all blurry and offcenter. Use this in most cases.
Contain should be showing the postbit only one time, but depending on the length of the post it will start repeating itself down to match the length of your post. We should be able to turn it off with "Y axis repeat NO", but the option is not working. Use this if you don't mind your image repeating down the Y axis (vertically).
Auto is crap, don't use it.
Y Axis moves your postbit vertically. Usually left at center. **could potentially be bugged
X Axis moves your postbit horizontally. Usually left at center. **could potentially be bugged
As I said before, postbits are bugged and it's not worth trying too hard to make them look good right now. <Background Repeat - None> is not currently working with <Background Size - Contain> selected.
I haven't tried oversampling myself, but you could do it at 372px*1154. This can help maintaining good resolution on very big posts where your postbit stretches out to match the height.

And that's about it. Feel free to ask questions. If you want to know how I made my animated signature check out my profile.

Edit1: Added the signature bit.
If I missed this being stated explicitly, apologies, but, I gather that the "postbit"/side banner is only available once you get VIP, correct? If so, I doubt I'll have to worry about it for a few years. :LOL:

Animal_OG

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 16, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
If I missed this being stated explicitly, apologies, but, I gather that the "postbit"/side banner is only available once you get VIP, correct? If so, I doubt I'll have to worry about it for a few years. :LOL:
Yes, you need to get VIP first in order to customize your postbit. As I said before, I chose to put the tutorial here because you may want to work on the image/gif beforehand... A bunch of the guys were doing that yesterday.

ThaBoooB

Itty Bitty Titty Committee
Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 16, 2023
LC COIN
This is awesome. Save so much time from trial and error.
Awesome post @Animal_OG . And thanks for doing the heavy lifting. 😊

This post should be pinned to the top.
Any mods that agree, and can make it happen? :)

• Heart

binstinct79

Super Lewd
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 17, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
I dont seem to see the option to set profile banner. what is it called?

• Thinking

Animal_OG

Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Prestige 3
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 16, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Prestige 1
I dont seem to see the option to set profile banner. what is it called?
Click on your profile picture to go to your profile. There's an empty rectangle containing your profile elements (picture, name, badges, other info). To the side you'll see two buttons: "report" and "edit profile banner".
There you go.

lewdest

Reformed Lurker
Prestige 1
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 20, 2023
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Did editing the postbit get changed to VIP+? I had changed mine and when I go into customize I don't see the option to change it anymore. I've also noticed it no longer shows on posts

Back
Top Bottom