Abandoned Games

Intorpecido

Registered
Lewd
Feb 8, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Yes, many, it's not much different for me than playing a game in development, and most games have very bad endings that would be better not to have.

Shmooman

Registered
Lewd
Aug 29, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Hero's Harem Guild, I really liked the characters and had fun reading the story. Absolutely enjoyed it from start to finish. It takes a while to see some scenes since you need to progress their relationship first but hella worth it.
HHG is still being developed. On the discord there is a link to the development roadmap.

You must be registered to see attachments

Shmooman

Registered
Lewd
Aug 29, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Proud Father is the only one that made me sad because of what happened to Westy and the effect it had on the entire development community with so many other people dropping or redesigning games out of fear for what happened. Seath Black said they were going to continue it at one point but they are already busy with their own games so if that does end up happening it could be a while.

Reactions: 1 user

K1ttens

Registered
Jul 25, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
It's not officially abandoned but deviant anomalies

Edit..... And leaf on fire. But that one is understandable since Nintendo threatened to sue him

Crazypankaj

Registered
Mar 16, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
True Bond

crying-cat-meme.jpg

charmin2314

Registered
Jun 23, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
Yes i usually play abandoned games if they look interesting, there are some games that even though they were abandoned, some of them have a good amount of content to the point that they feel like almost completed games, specially the ones that were developed for years but suddenly got abandoned.

Viro_Oriv

He Watches
Registered
Lewd
Sep 15, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
I can't tell how many times this has happened. It's like I have a curse to play so many good abandoned games.

LUVGAMZ23

Registered
Lewd
Mar 1, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
I wouldn't say tick all of the boxes but there was:

A Wife at Stake [eHellJay]

And within 48 hours, the dev stated (verbatim)

"Too bad. The game has been shared today on [website redacted by me] by one of the subscribers.
There's only one way to prevent pirates from taking advantage of it: stop development.
No one will see the end of it. Moving on..."

I mean, ok. That's the fastest release to abandoned that I'd ever seen. Now, to be fair, that wasn't the initial release (if I understood right), but was the first release to that pirate site. That stuck in my head, somehow.

lewddewd

Registered
Lewd
Jan 28, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
not exactly but "shortly" after I discovered Strange Nights, which was a masterpiece, it was abandoned.
Broooo same here, one of the only LiS themed games that grabbed me. I remember a bathroom scene being really hot, played it so long ago. One of my first VNs. Shame.

Oink

Registered
Dec 12, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
This has happened a few times, yes.
But fortunately there are devs who take the reins and "finish the game" adding their own stuff.
For instance, Blackheart Games. They took The Personal Assistant that had been abandoned by JL Creation and added the Blackheart plot.

itumrekt

Registered
Lewd
Aug 9, 2023
Threads
LC COIN
HHG is still being developed. On the discord there is a link to the development roadmap.

holy sht thanks for the info. I really thought its abandoned cuz I always check in Fuck95 whether its still updating but theres always the abandoned tag

powerlurker44

Registered
Mar 17, 2024
Threads
LC COIN
Okay, so most games (that is, those that are not complete on first release) either become completed over time or are abandoned at some point, for a variety of reasons. Some never make it past the demo stage, some only exist as proof of concept for a later game that contains most of the same elements, and many stop getting work done for personal reasons on the part of the creators, among many other reasons of varying validity. Very rarely is a game resurrected or the project taken over by a fan. From the looks of things, almost all of us have at least one abandoned game we enjoyed up until it stopped updating.

My question to you all, which I hope is distinct from other threads here, is not "Which one do you wish got more time?" but "Which one is still worth our time?"
Other threads have already brought up what games made you sad when they got abandoned. This thread is not here to make them redundant. This thread is to tell each other "Hey, I know you'll never see the end of this one, but there are great scenes/jokes/story beats/characters that mark it as a hidden gem." Be as specific as you like about what made the game fun for you and that others might like, too.
In other words, what abandoned games still have enough content and story that, even incomplete, are still entertaining enough to justify the space they take up on your hard drive?

For me, I could replay some of the versions of Breeding Season for a very long time (until I can get the hang of Cloud Meadow, or get a graphics card that can handle Breeders of the Nephelym). The gameplay was addicting, the mechanics had just enough depth, and I liked making all of my monsters breed with every other monster on my farm to make the best and strongest specimens.

Okay, your turns!

Shiva

Registered
Lewd
May 5, 2022
Threads
LC COIN
I recommend 'Midlife Crisis'. There is a lot of content, and I know it may be foolish, but I HOPE for it to continue.

Just a Thought

Back
Top Bottom