Working on a family life game.

nixium535

Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 1, 2023
LC COIN
A tip for writing is to write when you get the inspiration. Even if it's from a scene near the end or middle of the game write it out don't wait till you "get" to that point in your writing. Also if you have trouble actually writing anything down, record yourself telling the story and how you envision it in your head, then play it back and write from that.

• Heart
Reactions: 1 user

mime

Silently Judging You
Prestige 1
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Game Modder
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 27, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 1
Not a single character under 20 ? If you're looking for a greater audience you might
want to introduce a younger step daughter or babysitter.....someone. Just sayin'
Best of luck to you
We'll see how things go. Just a starting set of characters. And I'm hoping to make most of those optional, within reason to avoid having to render 10 different versions of every scene. :ROFLMAO:

mime

Silently Judging You
Prestige 1
Prestige 3
Prestige 4
Game Modder
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 27, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 4 (WIP)
Prestige 3 (Work in progress)
Prestige 1
A tip for writing is to write when you get the inspiration. Even if it's from a scene near the end or middle of the game write it out don't wait till you "get" to that point in your writing. Also if you have trouble actually writing anything down, record yourself telling the story and how you envision it in your head, then play it back and write from that.
That's a great suggestion. I already do that kind of thing often. I'm good at taking notes when an idea strikes. For a while, I was in writing mode for this story, so I'd wake up in the middle of the night adding to content that will be in the middle of the story.

I am very much a "grab inspiration when it strikes" kind of person.

Uncle Loco

Game Developer
Prestige 1
Lewd
LV

May 19, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Good luck man. I suggest taking some time to learn your render engine of choice. I have a lot of fun writing, coding, and rendering everything myself. I think it could be fun to work with a team of people, but also I think it could be a pain too if everyone is not on the same page.

Chase22Roge

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 17, 2024
LC COIN
I'm working on a family life game where you play as a young man. I won't be getting into the story details too much yet, but wife, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, etc. will each get into the action.

I either need to find an artist to render all of the scenes that I've mocked up (or described), or I continue with my learning all of the tools to render 3d art myself. 😩

Expected characters to be involved:

MC around 24
Wife around 22 (working)
SIL around 20 (college)
MIL around 40
Cafe Staff 20s
Boss mid 30s
Client mid 30s

I've got a lot of the story paths mapped out. Plenty of stuff scripted for the game as well. It'll be RenPy, VN with only minimal branching to avoid having too much work as the story progresses.
Is there be some kinks or genres around?

holadea

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 10, 2024
LC COIN
just make sure to include ingame walkthrough or hints, its nice to have it

Xonia

Community Lover
Staff member
Trial Moderator
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Oct 9, 2023
LC COIN
As long you keep in patreon rules you will be fine but be extra careful because scripting family members wont save you if its too obvious.
if they want to use Patreon, Substar is better in allowing more freedom in what you want to make

xell__

Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 29, 2024
LC COIN
if they want to use Patreon, Substar is better in allowing more freedom in what you want to make
true, but since everyone usually chooses patreon over SS,he will have fewer subscribers than usual, Its better to create both and hope for the best,If he uses patreon, it would be good to save patreon's emails frequently because if the account is suddenly deleted, there is a possibility of losing them all.so he wont able to redirect them to SS

cog_carmine

Registered
Lewd
LV

May 16, 2022
LC COIN
Not a single character under 20 ? If you're looking for a greater audience you might
want to introduce a younger step daughter or babysitter.....someone. Just sayin'
Best of luck to you
How about introducing a daughter from a one-night stand later in the game for whom you need a babysitter who then asks her friends to help out occasionally. ta-da, smol-route opened.
would fit in organically too.

Republican Bear

Your Loli's Are Mine
Prestige 1
Prestige 2
Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 25, 2022
LC COIN
Best of luck to you as it's a crowded genre right now, and your game will need something special to stand out in the crowd.

Mingatelly

The sleeping being
Registered
Lewd
LV

Apr 20, 2024
LC COIN
The mom gave birth the mc at the age of 16😳. You could play with that and insert some flashbacks where the mother explains to her son stories of adolescence.

Back
Top Bottom