Whats your favorite Engine for games?

Ciferat

Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 20, 2023
LC COIN
RenPy - VaM - Unity or RPGM?
man, good question. I like renpy games better because they are faster to make. Unity seems to be a light engine, but for some reason there are fewer games, although there are a lot more visual effects there.

Reactions: 1 users

reacers

Lurker for M+
Registered
Lewd
LV

Nov 30, 2023
LC COIN
Ren'py, because it's not much of a struggle to update when a new version get's released. I hate to play RPGMV/RPGXP/RPGAV and wolff games over and over again to get to the newest content

GoodOleFun

Registered
Lewd
LV

Sep 28, 2022
LC COIN
Ren'Py, definitely. Easy to edit if something is wrong, and built in save systems mean less save breakage (somehow so many still manage by changing old code)

itsjustd

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 28, 2024
LC COIN
Definitly RenPy - others are too much work most of the time, a man only has 2 hands...
You must be registered to see attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Elinan

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 4, 2023
LC COIN
VaM isn't really a game engine, it's an artwork engine like Daz3D.

I prefer Ren'py, simple and easy for developers aswell. Unity is good, but it's usually abit slow which ruin game experience.
I'm a big fan of HTML games and QSP aswell if you have several monitors, not many good QSP games though.

Reactions: 1 user

koutetsu9

Registered
Lewd
LV

Mar 5, 2023
LC COIN
RenPy for the game structure, VAM for the graphics. There's something about lolis done in VAM that just takes them to a whole new level.

K18

Registered
LV

Mar 27, 2024
LC COIN
man, good question. I like renpy games better because they are faster to make. Unity seems to be a light engine, but for some reason there are fewer games, although there are a lot more visual effects there.
Its probably because of the optimization? I guess its harder compare to the others. I played games made with unity and a lot of them run pretty poor.

K18

Registered
LV

Mar 27, 2024
LC COIN
Oh, I thought VaM is an engine, my bad. QSP is that text type of game right? Like Free Cities? do you have a particular QSP game you'd recommend?
VaM isn't really a game engine, it's an artwork engine like Daz3D.

I prefer Ren'py, simple and easy for developers aswell. Unity is good, but it's usually abit slow which ruin game experience.
I'm a big fan of HTML games and QSP aswell if you have several monitors, not many good QSP games though

KinKollector

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 16, 2022
LC COIN
Unity, seems to have the most unique and inspired games coming out of it. RenPy is 2nd, when it's done right you can have some pretty phenomenal results. UE is full of too many recognizable assets pulled from the store page, kinda gets old. There are some exceptions, the Tails of Azeroth series is one of my favorites and that's UE.

Whazzup

Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 19, 2023
LC COIN
Ren'py of course. I hate RPM and Unity for AVNs.

I've never even heard of VaM.

Reactions: 1 users
Back
Top Bottom