Theme editor

What’s the point of playing censored games?

Text games often have few visuals, I've played a lot of those. Otherwise, if a game is good enough then I do not really care about it being censored.
 
[...]

I do also like how the censored content has to be creative and focus on other aspects of the characters, the positioning, the mood, the lighting, and etc. to bring out the sexiness and arousal.

1000% true, erotism relies on small details and subtelty rather than showing directly explicit parts

I mean, it's why lingerie exists, otherwise everyone would directly get naked - it's much less expensive lol

In the end I guess it's all about forcing your mind to fill the gaps with what you actually really desire
 
...what’s the actual appeal once the primary visual incentive is taken off the table?
I think enough is shown to let people fill in the blanks themselves. I personally prefer uncensored because I'm more interested in seeing the developer and/or artist's vision in full, but I can understand why people don't mind censored content.
 
exactly, if you can get off on this 👇👇👇
you don't need porn, you just need any random newspaper page from 1993 that you found in a puddle & kept in your pocket all these years.

You must be registered to see attachments
I mean, kinda, yeah. As long as you have an idea of what you're seeing and can form an image of it in your head (aphantasia-tards BTFO), the visual stimulus isn't that important, though it tends to help.
 
It depends on the game. The short answer is its hard if you have no idea what you're doing. I'll also only be talking about 2D images since 3d isn't something I know much about (though unity games can be decensored using something like UniversalUnityDemosaics, though it is hit or miss)

The main thing about decensoring is that because you don't have the original file, you pretty much have to perform digital surgery and redraw the assets themselves if the engine renderer isnt responsible for the censor and its baked into the actual image (There is also the ever evolving option of AI but that's a different beast with its own issues, so I'm just talking about manual decensoring). You don't need to redraw the full thing though just the censored bits, but it's hard if you have no skill in drawing or photoshop. The difficulty also depends on what kind of censorship is being used and the amount of it, like for symbols or bars its somewhat simple since you can photoshop them out and redraw the damage , mosaic can be somewhat harder depending on how harsh it is but you do have a basic guide to go off of with the colors in the mosaic and the general structure, and full censorship would require you to make an educated guess based on the art style. From there once you've done that it's as simple as Indiana jonesing your new clean image with the old one, though that can be easier said than done depending on the engine, but for RPGM games it shouldnt be too hard, idk about other engines tho.

I do have a few old videos I downloaded a while back I can't remember who made em but they go into more detail and provide an example if ur interested
You must be registered to see attachments

You must be registered to see attachments
There is also a third one on full censorship but it's too big to upload and is like 34 minutes even with the footage being sped up


There are also people out there you can pay to decensor things for you, though it can be pricey depending on how much you want done
This was extremely interesting to read and to watch. I have no skill with anything art(besides music) so watching someone go through the steps was really cool.
 
Back
Top Bottom