Understanding Netorare (NTR), Netorase, and Netori: Respecting Diverse Preferences on Our Forum

Kavinsky

Staff member
Owner
Administrator
LV

Apr 23, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 2
Our forum is dedicated to fostering inclusive discussions and respecting diverse preferences when it comes to gaming and storytelling. This list aims to provide an understanding of Netorare (NTR), Netorase, and Netori while emphasizing the importance of respecting individual choices and promoting a harmonious forum environment.

1. Netorare (NTR):
    • Netorare (NTR) refers to a genre or narrative theme where a protagonist's romantic partner is seduced, stolen, or taken away by another character.
    • NTR often involves emotional betrayal and can evoke intense emotions such as jealousy, heartbreak, and anguish.
  2. Netorase:
    • Netorase represents a variation of NTR that involves consensual involvement or approval from the protagonist's romantic partner.
    • In Netorase scenarios, the partner may willingly engage in romantic or sexual activities with another character with the protagonist's knowledge and consent.
  3. Netori:
    • Netori revolves around a protagonist actively pursuing or seducing the romantic partner of another character.
    • In Netori storylines, the protagonist becomes the one who steals or seduces someone else's partner.
  4. Respectful Engagement:
    • Respect the preferences and opinions of fellow forum members, regardless of their stance on NTR, Netorase, and Netori.
    • Engage in discussions with an open mind, promoting healthy dialogue and understanding.
  5. Forum Guidelines:
    • Abide by the forum's guidelines, which encourage mutual respect and tolerance for diverse preferences.
    • Refrain from attacking or belittling others based on their opinions about NTR-related content.
  6. Developer Choices:
    • Recognize and appreciate that game developers have the freedom to explore various themes and storytelling techniques, including NTR.
    • Respect their creative choices, even if it may not align with personal preferences.
  7. Staff Member Split:
    • Understand that our forum's staff members may have different opinions about NTR, as is natural among individuals.
    • Respect their diverse perspectives and recognize that neither side is inherently right or wrong.
  8. Freedom of Choice:
    • Acknowledge that forum members have the freedom to participate in threads related to NTR or to abstain from them based on personal preferences.
    • Exercise discretion and join discussions that align with individual interests and comfort levels.
  9. Maintaining a Harmonious Environment:
    • Foster an environment of inclusivity, where forum members with differing opinions can coexist peacefully.
    • Encourage understanding, empathy, and constructive discussions between individuals with varying perspectives.
  10. Reporting Inappropriate Behavior:
    • Report any instances of harassment, personal attacks, or disrespectful behavior related to NTR discussions to the forum moderators.
    • Contribute to maintaining a safe and welcoming environment for all members.
  11. Embracing Diversity:
    • Embrace the diversity of preferences within our forum community, recognizing that different individuals find enjoyment in various types of content.
    • Promote a culture of acceptance and appreciation for the wide range of gaming experiences.
Conclusion: As a forum community, we embrace diverse preferences when it comes to NTR, Netorase, and Netori. We respect game developers' choices and recognize that our staff members hold varying opinions on the subject. By fostering respectful engagement, adhering to forum guidelines, and maintaining a harmonious environment, we can promote inclusive discussions that celebrate the diverse world of gaming.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12 users

HuiEtyud

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 10, 2022
LC COIN
Layman's terms:

Netorare: being cucked.
Netorase: being a cuck.
Netori: cucking.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

RealLegacyUser

Author of Apocalypse VN
Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 5, 2022
LC COIN
Our forum is dedicated to fostering inclusive discussions and respecting diverse preferences when it comes to gaming and storytelling. This list aims to provide an understanding of Netorare (NTR), Netorase, and Netori while emphasizing the importance of respecting individual choices and promoting a harmonious forum environment.

1. Netorare (NTR):
    • Netorare (NTR) refers to a genre or narrative theme where a protagonist's romantic partner is seduced, stolen, or taken away by another character.
    • NTR often involves emotional betrayal and can evoke intense emotions such as jealousy, heartbreak, and anguish.
  2. Netorase:
    • Netorase represents a variation of NTR that involves consensual involvement or approval from the protagonist's romantic partner.
    • In Netorase scenarios, the partner may willingly engage in romantic or sexual activities with another character with the protagonist's knowledge and consent.
  3. Netori:
    • Netori revolves around a protagonist actively pursuing or seducing the romantic partner of another character.
    • In Netori storylines, the protagonist becomes the one who steals or seduces someone else's partner.
  4. Respectful Engagement:
    • Respect the preferences and opinions of fellow forum members, regardless of their stance on NTR, Netorase, and Netori.
    • Engage in discussions with an open mind, promoting healthy dialogue and understanding.
  5. Forum Guidelines:
    • Abide by the forum's guidelines, which encourage mutual respect and tolerance for diverse preferences.
    • Refrain from attacking or belittling others based on their opinions about NTR-related content.
  6. Developer Choices:
    • Recognize and appreciate that game developers have the freedom to explore various themes and storytelling techniques, including NTR.
    • Respect their creative choices, even if it may not align with personal preferences.
  7. Staff Member Split:
    • Understand that our forum's staff members may have different opinions about NTR, as is natural among individuals.
    • Respect their diverse perspectives and recognize that neither side is inherently right or wrong.
  8. Freedom of Choice:
    • Acknowledge that forum members have the freedom to participate in threads related to NTR or to abstain from them based on personal preferences.
    • Exercise discretion and join discussions that align with individual interests and comfort levels.
  9. Maintaining a Harmonious Environment:
    • Foster an environment of inclusivity, where forum members with differing opinions can coexist peacefully.
    • Encourage understanding, empathy, and constructive discussions between individuals with varying perspectives.
  10. Reporting Inappropriate Behavior:
    • Report any instances of harassment, personal attacks, or disrespectful behavior related to NTR discussions to the forum moderators.
    • Contribute to maintaining a safe and welcoming environment for all members.
  11. Embracing Diversity:
    • Embrace the diversity of preferences within our forum community, recognizing that different individuals find enjoyment in various types of content.
    • Promote a culture of acceptance and appreciation for the wide range of gaming experiences.
Conclusion: As a forum community, we embrace diverse preferences when it comes to NTR, Netorase, and Netori. We respect game developers' choices and recognize that our staff members hold varying opinions on the subject. By fostering respectful engagement, adhering to forum guidelines, and maintaining a harmonious environment, we can promote inclusive discussions that celebrate the diverse world of gaming.
Unfortunately too many people don't understand this. Good post.

Reactions: 2 users

HuiEtyud

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 10, 2022
LC COIN
Unfortunately too many people don't understand this. Good post.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't one. I actually didn't know netori was a thing, and I didn't know there was a word for actively participating in.

It's usually all just boiled down into NTR, and nuance gets lost. I'm actually really glad for the clarification.

Reactions: 1 user

Rickarus

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 24, 2022
LC COIN
There's a pro wrestling YouTuber called Wrestling With Wregret that I'm a fan of who often uses the catchphrase, "like what you like, don't be a dick" and I think that's a good way to look at these things.

Also, I certainly appreciate the fact that when there is more "grey area" stuff that skirts that line of NTR, there seems to more often be warnings/disclaimers on the front page, even if the tag isn't present, and same thing for the games that are tagged as NTR but are clearly stated as being avoidable. And obviously the same for other hot button tags, of course. I do also appreciate seeing the mods impressing on devs the need to explain whether these hot button tags will be in the game, and how they will be handled (avoidable vs skippable vs mandatory).

It also helps that the threads don't get as bloated as Fuck95 as quickly, so actual discussions about getting the relevant information about these things seems to be much quicker.

torosama

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 27, 2022
LC COIN
the real problem with ntr is that a lot of dev refuse to put the tag on their game (at least on Fuck95) if they did 90% of argument wouldn't happen.
as long as y'all make sure that game are correctly tagged i don't think this is gonna be an issue

CF432

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 6, 2022
LC COIN
I agree, best way to boil down discussion, is correct tagging. There is nothing wrong with adding Netorare or Netorase content to a game, but at least be upfront about it and don't try to lure people, who might not like it, into the game. And if you're not sure, if it will be added at a later point, at least say, that's a possibility. Making it avoidable, not skippable, mind you, is also a good way to deal with it. Some people will still not play your game with avoidable content, but at least every other person gets a choice. Avoidability is always a good thing with the more "extrem" fetishes, not only with Netorare, but also with Incest, Loli or Rape (just to name some).

BadJM

Prestige 1
Lewd
LV

May 18, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
the real problem with ntr is that a lot of dev refuse to put the tag on their game (at least on Fuck95) if they did 90% of argument wouldn't happen.
as long as y'all make sure that game are correctly tagged i don't think this is gonna be an issue
I think the issue in a lot of cases is sex between women, a lot of people don't consider that NTR even if the mc isn't aware. I am one of those people that don't care if girls are having sex with each other. As long as there aren't any other penises involved I am fine. But I can see why people would want the NTR tag for those cases. Another reason why there are so many arguments about NTR is that some devs promise that they will not add it to their games and then after a while decide to add it. But that has more to do with some devs being dishonest than the tag itself.

Wolf Larsen

Registered
LV

Sep 8, 2022
LC COIN
I think the issue in a lot of cases is sex between women, a lot of people don't consider that NTR even if the mc isn't aware. I am one of those people that don't care if girls are having sex with each other. As long as there aren't any other penises involved I am fine. But I can see why people would want the NTR tag for those cases. Another reason why there are so many arguments about NTR is that some devs promise that they will not add it to their games and then after a while decide to add it. But that has more to do with some devs being dishonest than the tag itself.

I think the issue is a bit more complicated than that, something that I discussed ad nauseam, here and in other adult forums.

Netorare or Netorase are specific kinks (I don't include Netori here because is not that controversial, I believe). The main character has a relationship with someone. And this romantic partner of the main character engages in sexual activity that does not involve the main character at all, ever.

You can see that this creates some "holes". You can effectively dodge NTR, coming pretty close to it, but never really crossing the line. The main character discovering a VHS tape of a love interest getting gangbanged (and this is shown in detail) is an idea that I saw a developer talking about it recently. You can argue this is not NTR for example, because it's like a flashback, something in the past, before the relationship with the protagonist. That doesn't mean that this will not cause controversy and flame wars, however.

That's why I always argued that there should be another tag that includes all the sexual content without the protagonist. You can also include another for lesbian sex, since some people have problems with it, others don't. LewdCorner included the Sex with Others tag from VNDB, which I think was a good decision in this direction.

Reactions: 2 users

BadJM

Prestige 1
Lewd
LV

May 18, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
I think the issue is a bit more complicated than that, something that I discussed ad nauseam, here and in other adult forums.

Netorare or Netorase are specific kinks (I don't include Netori here because is not that controversial, I believe). The main character has a relationship with someone. And this romantic partner of the main character engages in sexual activity that does not involve the main character at all, ever.

You can see that this creates some "holes". You can effectively dodge NTR, coming pretty close to it, but never really crossing the line. The main character discovering a VHS tape of a love interest getting gangbanged (and this is shown in detail) is an idea that I saw a developer talking about it recently. You can argue this is not NTR for example, because it's like a flashback, something in the past, before the relationship with the protagonist. That doesn't mean that this will not cause controversy and flame wars, however.

That's why I always argued that there should be another tag that includes all the sexual content without the protagonist. You can also include another for lesbian sex, since some people have problems with it, others don't. LewdCorner included the Sex with Others tag from VNDB, which I think was a good decision in this direction.
Yeah VNDB has a "sex with others" tag, it's used for scenes where girls have sex with other men but aren't NTR like the example you gave of a flashback. Something like that would help avoiding pointless arguments.

Rickarus

Registered
Lewd
LV

Jul 24, 2022
LC COIN

Yeah, this whole situation is also bolstered by having to think about the other side of things. Most conversations on these adult forums come down to the anti-NTR crowd wanting a "broader" use of NTR tags on threads, so that they can ignore the tag and not be served ANY of the games that, to them, feel like NTR, or give them similar feelings to NTR. Doing that would end up leaving the NTR fans with a bunch of games tagged with the specific fetish they enjoy which do not actually include said fetish, the way that they are expecting it. So NTR fans want stricter enforcement of the tag, with it only being placed on absolute NTR, rather than things that feel like it.

I think that having more use of that "sex with others" tag (when I searched it earlier I only saw two games tagged with it, realistically it should be on any game tagged NTR, as well as many games not tagged with it that are often the biggest causes of arguments), alongside things like having a disclaimer/description in games that are, for example, voyeurism based, with the MC watching other people have sex, with none of them actually being love interests, or other similar situations, so that people who are explicitly against any of this NTR-adjacent content can know which tags to ignore completely, and for anything that falls in the middle, they have disclaimers to decide if the game is for them, before downloading.

Then, as long as devs are sufficiently forthcoming with what they plan on including in their games, the most discerning of both pro and anti-NTR crowds have the ability to mostly filter for and against what they like/dislike, and hopefully have the information available to sift through anything that slips through the cracks.

Reactions: 1 users

momothemonster

the creature whom lurks
Registered
Lewd
LV

Jan 7, 2024
LC COIN
just curious if there is a plan to differentiate the variations in tags?

RealLegacyUser

Author of Apocalypse VN
Game Developer
Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 5, 2022
LC COIN
I agree, best way to boil down discussion, is correct tagging. There is nothing wrong with adding Netorare or Netorase content to a game, but at least be upfront about it and don't try to lure people, who might not like it, into the game. And if you're not sure, if it will be added at a later point, at least say, that's a possibility. Making it avoidable, not skippable, mind you, is also a good way to deal with it. Some people will still not play your game with avoidable content, but at least every other person gets a choice. Avoidability is always a good thing with the more "extrem" fetishes, not only with Netorare, but also with Incest, Loli or Rape (just to name some).
Problem is most players don't understand what NTR means. I get more NTR complaints in my game because people think a MFF threesome is NTR if the girls touch each other. No BS. I had to block a guy from my discord because he wouldn't shut up about NTR. There's not one scene in my game where the MC gets cucked yet some people scream if one girl looks at another girl or a girl isn't a never touched virgin. I've had people argue that a MILF (MOTHER I'd Love to Fuck, keyword MOTHER of someone else) is NTR simply because she had sex with someone other than MC BEFORE she even met the MC. Unreal.

The anti-NTR people can be very cult like. I personally not into NTR. Alpha male MCs all day everyday but I can't stand the anti-NTR cult screeching nonsense especially when they don't even understand what NTR is.

Reactions: 1 users

BadJM

Prestige 1
Lewd
LV

May 18, 2022
LC COIN
Prestige 1
Problem is most players don't understand what NTR means. I get more NTR complaints in my game because people think a MFF threesome is NTR if the girls touch each other. No BS. I had to block a guy from my discord because he wouldn't shut up about NTR. There's not one scene in my game where the MC gets cucked yet some people scream if one girl looks at another girl or a girl isn't a never touched virgin. I've had people argue that a MILF (MOTHER I'd Love to Fuck, keyword MOTHER of someone else) is NTR simply because she had sex with someone other than MC BEFORE she even met the MC. Unreal.

The anti-NTR people can be very cult like. I personally not into NTR. Alpha male MCs all day everyday but I can't stand the anti-NTR cult screeching nonsense especially when they don't even understand what NTR is.
I think one thing you should have in mind is that the extremists are always very loud and don't represent the majority. I don't like NTR and if I judged every NTR fan based on the extremists I see in a lot of threads, borderline harassing devs because they want that fetish added to the game. Then I would end up thinking that they are all unhinged assholes.

CF432

Registered
Lewd
LV

Dec 6, 2022
LC COIN

Well, to be honest, I'm also against Netorare and Netorase (swinging/sharing) content. And it doesn't matter if it's a male or female doing it to the MC. But if the scene shows the MC with two or more girls, it is still sharing, but then I at least try to enjoy the scene, at least as long there is no other male involved. Considering virgins, yeah I prefer the younger girls (I obviously mean age 18-25 :sneaky:) to be virgins. But I'm also realistic and say, not every LI can be a virgin, especially if she is a mother. The only 2 points that I have in this case, is, that first I don't want to hear about how good or bad her past lover(s) were and how many she had. And second, I want her to be faithful towards the MC. Everything else doesn't matter to me that much. If these requirements aren't met, then I prefer to but the game on ignore and move on. Harrassing devs doesn't help, puts them more likely of and pushes them away, and is a hugh waste of my time, that I could use in a better way.

Mind you, I still call devs out, that are assholes or extremely greedy and doesn't seem to understand their own mistakes, especially regarding marketing and piracy.

jeff1005

Registered
Lewd
LV

Aug 19, 2022
LC COIN
Wow! This does seem a pretty complicated way of saying either "You've cuck'd someone", or "someone's cuck'd you" :unsure:

I'm a simple person: I like my girls to be willing, loyal and happy to share ;)

enyur

lost soul
Registered
Lewd
LV

Feb 25, 2023
LC COIN
While Netorare is more about humiliation either from your partner or a third person, Netorase is a completly different thing and can be quite intriguing.
I hope that someday there will be more well made Netorase games

Back
Top Bottom