Sound on/off

c201

Registered
Apr 7, 2023
LC COIN
Unless the game specifically says the music is important, always off, so you can listen to something good instead

Djehuty

Registered
Lewd
Apr 23, 2024
LC COIN
Depends on the quality of the sounds. I usually leave it as long as it isn't over the top or awfully bad. Same with music, which btw I'll never understand why would anyone put music with lyrics. Totally takes me out of the game.

There's also the topic of games that put everything under the same setting, which I find particularly annoying.

trebor

Registered
Lewd
Nov 23, 2022
LC COIN
If the game sound environment is pleasant, music at low volume very low/off
sometimes I leave my headphones on the desk without turning down the volume
In the end it mainly depends on the game itself

nixium535

Registered
Lewd
Oct 1, 2023
LC COIN
I keep it on but low, sometimes the BG music is actually different and sometimes good. Also sex sounds (-male moans) always add to the immersion.

davd

Registered
Lewd
Jan 24, 2024
LC COIN
Sound on at normal audible volume for sure, if the dev spend the time to put music and sound, I will play it like it was intended.

Present Herald

Registered
Lewd
Mar 31, 2023
LC COIN
i think most old headsets i've used were dogshit since after buying them myself most everything i do has to be on like 10-20% max volume

Tazsc

Registered
Lewd
Dec 22, 2023
LC COIN
Music on, voices off. I hate the awful looping moans in sex scenes. The worst is when they tie the moans into the music in the settings options instead of using the voice slider. (mainly talking about renpy here) Sound effects are fine, though usually I have to turn them way down cause they are always so loud.

nope69

Registered
Lewd
Aug 6, 2022
LC COIN
Most games I've played have no audio. The ones that do it generally tends to be stock music that I've heard tons already, combined with some annoying stock sounds for moaning, telephones ringing and other random environmental bits. It all just gets muted. The music in Japanese VNs is always pretty solid, quite a lot of the soundtracks from those end up in my music library.

Tazsc

Registered
Lewd
Dec 22, 2023
LC COIN
Most games I've played have no audio. The ones that do it generally tends to be stock music that I've heard tons already, combined with some annoying stock sounds for moaning, telephones ringing and other random environmental bits. It all just gets muted. The music in Japanese VNs is always pretty solid, quite a lot of the soundtracks from those end up in my music library.
True, but occasionally games like Eternum, Being a Dik, etc. come out that actually have pretty decent sound tracks, at least IMO

kev3000

Registered
Feb 13, 2024
LC COIN
Music and sound on (I use headphones).
And it bothers me when there is no music (I then put some lo-fi music in the background).

Back
Top Bottom